Disney Wonder - Cabin 6588 Question

Barn Goddess

Hi all - first time Disney cruiser!  We have sailed Celebrity, Norwegian and Carnival previously.  My in-laws have generously purchased this trip to celebrate our neice's 8th birthday. It will be mother/father-in-law, brother/sister-in-law with niece, DH and me. We just received the reservation confirmation from my mother-in-law and found we are in Cabin 6588.  From what l have been able to find - this room is hot and across from the 24 hour laundry facility.  (Have not been on a ship that had a laundry facility for guests to use - guessing it would be similar to laundry facilities at college but nicer.)  However, all the reviews are quite old - has anyone sailed recently and been in this cabin or near it?  Just wondering if I need to graciously/tactfully ask to change our cabin - I do not tolerate heat well at all.  DH and I were willing to pay for our trip but in-laws insisted on paying/organizing...Any information is helpful!  Please let me know if there is a section on cabin reviews - I couldn't find one -hence the post.

Thank you!

We were on the deck 6 on the wonder last month for 9 nights and walked by that laundry room several times a day. The door to it is kept open and you can definately hear the noise from the machines out in the hallway and I would assume in the cabin accross the hall from it. There is also quite a bit of traffic from people coming and going out of there at all hours (its open 24 hours I believe). Anyway, if it was me I would attempt to move to a different deck 6 verandah in the same category. Note: if you go further aft on the starboard side of deck 6 you may hear some low rumbling noise from the movies in the Buena Vista theater down below.

2 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

While I understand your concern, there is something to be said about the golden rule....

S/he with the gold, makes the rules.

Totally get it, 1025cruise!  We have the "gold" too and are MORE than willing to pay our own way but they were insistent on paying.  I prefer to cruise on lines without a large contingent of kids and do not handle heat well at all.  And this trip is all of those things. But VERY grateful my in-laws want to pay for this trip...and completely understand I will be on a ship geared towards families and it will most likely be noisy and hot in/by our cabin.  😀  We are prepared to go with the flow. I know we will have fun with our niece and family- just trying to find out if anything had changed from the old reviews. I saw the ship had been in dry dock so was hopeful.

We are truly looking forward to our first Disney cruise - I have heard wonderful things about the line and we are looking forward to being with our niece for her first cruise - she loves Disney so this will be SO fun! (albeit hot and noisy by our cabin apparently lol 🤣 )

Changing cabins in the same category should cost them anything. Is there some specific reason they booked you in that particular cabin (adjoining, or connecting to them, etc)? If so, then I agree it might be tacky to ask to change cabins. Otherwise I don't know why it would matter to them if you moved within the same category. Good Luck!!

Edited by c-cruise