Looking for a new (less crowded) cruise experience

SRQbeachgirl

We like HAL, first due to their more unusual itineraries, (and ports) second because they are smaller ships (Aside from their 2 new builds) third because there are rarely any kids aboard, and lastly (but certainly not least) because they are AFFORDABLE.  (Basic oceanview is typically $150.00/day or less)   As we are not yet retired (and not wealthy) that last item is important) 

Having said that, our next cruise is on one of the smaller NCL ships (AMAZING Itinerary in the mid east/Med) and two of the three before that were not HAL (Star Clippers and CMV)   

Edited by FredT

Just a thought for the OP - have you considered a european river cruise? There have never been children on any of the river cruises that we have enjoyed in europe. Very small passenger load (our last Danube cruise had only 138 guests) and most tours are included in the price of the cruise. Gate 1 offers some fantastic deals.

• Like 1

I look for ships below 1500 passengers, the costs are usually at least a bit higher but the rooms are larger and the population density is lower.  Of course there is a trade off.  Smaller ships usually have fewer entertainment/amusement venues.  

• Like 2

I'm really enjoying all of the replies - and I am so thankful for the advice. After looking at all of the options, I think Celebrity will be our next step up. Once we are no longer paying our son's college tuition we will probably start looking at Azamara, Oceana, and maybe river cruises. We're excited about the next chapter of our cruising life! 

21 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I'm really enjoying all of the replies - and I am so thankful for the advice. After looking at all of the options, I think Celebrity will be our next step up. Once we are no longer paying our son's college tuition we will probably start looking at Azamara, Oceana, and maybe river cruises. We're excited about the next chapter of our cruising life! 

A slight added bonus is that loyalty points for Celebrity count towards Azamara loyalty as well.