First Post in 55+

Von & John

Greetings  --  Today is my first post in the 55+ Forum...

Since Johnny was officially in the 55+ category - I've been lurking for a year or so 🙂 

My first 55+ Cruise is planned for March - San Antonio, Chile to San Diego

We are speculating on booking a cruise for this October - need to decide in the next couple of days 🙂

Cheers All  --  Wanted to pop in & say "Hello"  --  Von

@crystalspin  --  You would not believe how Denali Brewery has expanded in the past 10 years!!!  The original brewing & Tasting Room have relocated from Downtown to the Spur Road...  In addition - they have added Denali Spirits:  Vodka, Gin, Whiskey & last year they partnered w/ Kaladi Bros Coffee (KBC) & created a Coffee Whiskey.  The Coffee Whiskey is pretty amazing.  Plus they've created Alaska Cider Works & Alaska Meadery.   They just keep growing & growing...

The original Tasting room/Brewing Area & Twister Creek Restaurant have combined for a larger restaurant w/ a massive deck & renamed Denali Brew Pub.

Cheers  --  Von

Edited by Von & John

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My father had a cousin who lived to age 102 and passed away in 1969.

Wow - great genes!

My Gramph (step-grandfather) also had great genes... 

We used to wish we had a little bit of his genes in our blood.

Edited by Von & John

5 hours ago, NSnJW said:

Yeah my aunt is 105 and still plays poker at her nursing home.  I had heard it before but she told me the first 100 years quote  when she was in her 90s.

My Aunt (non-bloodline) was the last living relative of that generation...

She claimed her longevity was due to eating & drinking whatever she liked 🤣

She was my Mother's First Grade Teacher... 

Of Course she also practiced everything in Moderation...

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 12:48 PM, Von & John said:

@crystalspin  --  You would not believe how Denali Brewery has expanded in the past 10 years!!!  The original brewing & Tasting Room have relocated from Downtown to the Spur Road...  In addition - they have added Denali Spirits:  Vodka, Gin, Whiskey & last year they partnered w/ Kaladi Bros Coffee (KBC) & created a Coffee Whiskey.  The Coffee Whiskey is pretty amazing.  Plus they've created Alaska Cider Works & Alaska Meadery.   They just keep growing & growing...

The original Tasting room/Brewing Area & Twister Creek Restaurant have combined for a larger restaurant w/ a massive deck & renamed Denali Brew Pub.

Cheers  --  Von

Wow, that's wonderful to hear! It's great when good things grow. Do not know if we will get to travel inland again; we have another 2-wk roundtrip out of Los Angeles planned for next June on Princess. We *and* our family members will not have to fly, although they will have to drive a total of 12 hours (to our house) and then back. But they can do it as long ahead of time as they like, to have time to recover!

• Like 1

That sounds like a fantastic trip. Only once have I cruised w/ family...   Jan 2001 3 of my sisters & I took Mom on a cruise, Celebrity Century.    In addition, one sister brought 10 mos old son.  It was an amazing trip, filled w/ memories.