Costa SMERALDA & Costa Passepartour PLEASE

Parraboy

Just like her sister ship Aida Nova, the completion of the Smeralda is running about 4 weeks late. Smeralda was due to start sea trials this week. Nova was built by Meyer  Germany and Smeralda by Meyer in Finland.

From the reports I have read, there has been nothing about alternatives cruises or compensation for the passengers affected.

Both ships use the new LNG units, looks like they are still immature.

Hi Everyone

It is 10pm Monday night here in Australia.  Have not received any emails, notices, NOTHING at all.  This is first I have heard about this.   This is going to be so disappointing.  I will have to change so much, flights, trains, accomodation, the lot.

Where do I start now.    I leave Australia Thursday week....  Is there a link somewhere to get more information ? 

4 minutes ago, Parraboy said:

Hi Everyone

It is 10pm Monday night here in Australia.  Have not received any emails, notices, NOTHING at all.  This is first I have heard about this.   This is going to be so disappointing.  I will have to change so much, flights, trains, accomodation, the lot.

Where do I start now.    I leave Australia Thursday week....  Is there a link somewhere to get more information ? 

sorry for you.  we cannot say other sites on here.  But I use one that quickly looks to see what other cruises are available for any port on any day.  I could search for you was there any place you were most looking forward to going too?

I have travel insurance but I want to Cruise that is the point.   Will it be a straight refund ?  Or how do they do this ?   Surely they need to compensate people like us that have had all their plans messed up...

Trying to get information now.   Wonder if there is another cruise leaving day day ? 

Thank you 

9 minutes ago, Parraboy said:

I have travel insurance but I want to Cruise that is the point.   Will it be a straight refund ?  Or how do they do this ?   Surely they need to compensate people like us that have had all their plans messed up...

Trying to get information now.   Wonder if there is another cruise leaving day day ? 

Thank you 

there is 10 night on the costa Favolosa from Marsielle on the 11th nov.

or 7nights on 16th on costa magica from  Marsiella or 7nights on 17th from Savona

Edited by fragilek
sp

Hi

We are on a MSC Cruise that finishes in Venice 10th November.  We are spending 5 days in Verona, Italy then meant to Cruise from Savona 16th November  to 23rd November, 2019 on this one.  

Flying out of Milan 24th Nov back home.    Does anyone have a contact number ( toll free ) so I can ring now from Australia to get some information.   

Kind Regards

sorry I don't know any numbers but I will ask on the other site if anyone has one and get back to you.  The only costa cruise that might work keeping your dates intact is the magica but its from Marseilles but that should be do-able all be it a bit of a hassle

Sorry that I am duplicating this but hopefully it will help some people. I found this on FB.

hey will be sending you an email today. All sailings are cancelled through till 30th November. They will offer a full refund and a 30% discount on a future cruise.

1 hour ago, Parraboy said:

Hi

We are on a MSC Cruise that finishes in Venice 10th November.  We are spending 5 days in Verona, Italy then meant to Cruise from Savona 16th November  to 23rd November, 2019 on this one.  

Flying out of Milan 24th Nov back home.    Does anyone have a contact number ( toll free ) so I can ring now from Australia to get some information.   

Kind Regards

Did you book directly with Costa (if so which one) or via a TA?

taken from another site a reply from costa to someone asking about additional costs

Costa Hi *****, we are focused on finding the best option for them and reschedule their cruise on Costa Smeralda. We have set a range of alternative cruises with dedicated conditions. Costa Cruises will take care of refund any applied penalties for transfers, after sending the relative receipts.

Hi GMT

Mate I booked with Cruise Geru an Australian cruise booking site.  I Rang Costa last nite and spoke to a rude lady who basically threw me under the bus " contact your agency '  do not contact us.   

Even if they give us our money back and 30% towards future cruises, I want to cruise in the Mediterranean that time of the year when we are there.  I am sure the 6000 passengers are scrambling to get the last remaining places on the cruises at that time.

Thanks 

parraboy, good luck getting sorted, Have you tried your agent. As far as I am aware we are not allowed to give other cruise sites on here.  But if you google vacations to cruise you "may" find a site that will show you all cruises departing from the near by ports on days that will work for you.  You can then call your agent with options that may work for you.

Hi again

It just gets better and better.  Qatar will slug me $1600 AUD in fees to change return legs.  So I am sort of stuck departing Milan 24/11/2019.  So basically  have a window of an opportunity now to find something between 10/11 and 24/11 starting Venice and finishing Milan.   Looking at maybe another cruise ? I dont know. 

I am feeling a little righteous that this thread is off topic given the comments that have been posted previously.  I understood a post can get hijacked based on questions that emerge as a thread evolved, why couldnt you Paraboy to the extent that other posters felt they had to apologize?

Enough said!

7 hours ago, TheLakeGirl said:

I am feeling a little righteous that this thread is off topic given the comments that have been posted previously.  I understood a post can get hijacked based on questions that emerge as a thread evolved, why couldnt you Paraboy to the extent that other posters felt they had to apologize?

Enough said!

This thread is not off topic, but is a "live" discussion, where the OP has hit problems and SOME members are trying to help sorting out their holiday. So get off the high horse and try to be helpful with suggestions what they can do.

Hi Guys

I dont want to create issues or angst for anyone

I rang Costa last night and they were not helpful referring me to my agent without any courtesy or consideration at all.  I contacted my agent today and they said they couldn't do anything until Costa advised them of what they were going to do. 

I know the sailing is November and on surface it is not an issue for most.  Personally, it is stressful as we leave Australia in week and last thing you want to be doing is planning and re arranging on the run in a foreign country.  Travel insurance wont touch it because the cruise company cancelled it and can and should refund all monies. 

So as it stands, just waiting for Costa to send something out.  In the meantime, everything fills up on remaining sailings in that vicinity and everything else that impacts on this such as train , plane, excursions, hotels are subject to cancellation or non refundable fare issues. 

mmmm .....   Sour taste happening LOL

Parraboy, I would make a massive fire under the behind of that TA. Hopefully they are ATOL protected and should be able to sort it out promptly.

The upside in Europe is that you will be able to get WiFi just about everywhere free of charge. All the restaurants and watering holes will have a code and you can get on line. NOT that you'd want to spend your time doing that.

How about renting a car and braving the Italian roads for the week😁

Riana

2 hours ago, G.M.T. said:

This thread is not off topic, but is a "live" discussion, where the OP has hit problems and SOME members are trying to help sorting out their holiday. So get off the high horse and try to be helpful with suggestions what they can do.

I think Paraboy and I settled it and didn't need anyone's two cents.  I am clearly aware and agree that this is an evolving, live discussion.  If you have read this thread in its entirety, Paraboy corrected a few members for not sticking to the topic and was cause for my comment to him when he did the same.  Paraboy agreed and we are way past it.  Let's move on.

1 hour ago, Parraboy said:

Hi Guys

I dont want to create issues or angst for anyone

I rang Costa last night and they were not helpful referring me to my agent without any courtesy or consideration at all.  I contacted my agent today and they said they couldn't do anything until Costa advised them of what they were going to do. 

I know the sailing is November and on surface it is not an issue for most.  Personally, it is stressful as we leave Australia in week and last thing you want to be doing is planning and re arranging on the run in a foreign country.  Travel insurance wont touch it because the cruise company cancelled it and can and should refund all monies. 

So as it stands, just waiting for Costa to send something out.  In the meantime, everything fills up on remaining sailings in that vicinity and everything else that impacts on this such as train , plane, excursions, hotels are subject to cancellation or non refundable fare issues. 

mmmm .....   Sour taste happening LOL

Sorry that this happened to you.  Yet to figure it out and dont let it ruin your trip.  Shame on Costa for brushing you off to your TA.  Good luck!

23 hours ago, fragilek said:

sorry I don't know any numbers but I will ask on the other site if anyone has one and get back to you.  The only costa cruise that might work keeping your dates intact is the magica but its from Marseilles but that should be do-able all be it a bit of a hassle

here is a number I was given on the other site 1 800-041-903, its probably the one you have already tried