Water taxi from near Manhattan Terminal to 911?

Vineyard View

I read that there is a water taxi one can take from close to the Manhattan cruise terminal. Is this a viable and good option to arrive close to 911 Memorial?  We don’t mind walking some on each end. It seems like a nice option to taking a taxi. Thank you 

10 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I read that there is a water taxi one can take from close to the Manhattan cruise terminal. Is this a viable and good option to arrive close to 911 Memorial?  We don’t mind walking some on each end. It seems like a nice option to taking a taxi. Thank you 

Could you provide more details about your ship and date, your timing, and any other details about yoursightseeing objectives?  Would you have luggage or are you overnighting in NYC in the ship?

The problem is that from the 39th St ferry terminal there is no New York Waterways direct service to the Battery Park/Brookfield Terminal near the 911 Memorial, so you would have to pay a double fare, which would be $15-17/pp., to go across the Hudson to NJ (Hoboken) and back to lower Manhattan.  The “New York Water Taxi” seems to operate like a Hoho ferry with a flat rate price of about $37/pp per day.

The MTA ferries which are about $3/pp only operate in the East River, so you would have to get yourselves all the way across midtown Manhattan to 34th St.  IMO by the time you could do this rather time consuming trip traffic, you could take the subway from 50th & 8th to World Trade.

We will be overnight on the ship, so no luggage. We are sailing Viking out of the Manhattan terminal on Wednesday 10/9 and have that day free. We will already have done some exploring as we arrive Sunday evening. I read that there is a NYC  Water Taxi that leaves not far from the Manhattan pier (42nd St?) and goes to Battery Park. If that is a hassle or very expensive, then I really appreciate the subway information, so thank you!

1 hour ago, Vineyard View said:

We will be overnight on the ship, so no luggage. We are sailing Viking out of the Manhattan terminal on Wednesday 10/9 and have that day free. We will already have done some exploring as we arrive Sunday evening. I read that there is a NYC  Water Taxi that leaves not far from the Manhattan pier (42nd St?) and goes to Battery Park. If that is a hassle or very expensive, then I really appreciate the subway information, so thank you!

New York water taxi does this, but it’s a Hoho and costs $37/pp for the whole day.  Subway is about $3/pp - E train to World Trade from 50th & 8th - https://www.mta.info/sites/default/files/archive/pdfs/subway_web_full_map_Jun10.pdf

• 4 weeks later...