Back from Carnival Sunrise ... very disappointed

herb

27 minutes ago, nybumpkin said:

One time I watched a group swoop in to claim a table when someone was still sitting there.😮

If I were the person still sitting at the table, that would be when I would decide to savor my last bites of food for thirty minutes or so 😜  I might sample some of the new group's food as well and start talking about foods that give me gas.  Anything to enhance their dining experience.  I guess I'm just thoughtful like that 🤣

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, keywest1 said:

If I were the person still sitting at the table, that would be when I would decide to savor my last bites of food for thirty minutes or so 😜  I might sample some of the new group's food as well and start talking about foods that give me gas.  Anything to enhance their dining experience.  I guess I'm just thoughtful like that 🤣

I LIKE your humor kw1! LOLOL! And wait until a server comes by, and ask for a glass of water and one of those nice looking pieces of pie way over there in the buffet.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Well there are many options out there for you to choose from.  Luckily for Carnival, many would disagree, the Sunshine is the 3rd highest rated ship in their fleet (by their cruisers).

What are the top two rated Carnival ships right now?  

From my perspective, the way someone views a ship is directly related to what they like to do on a cruise. For example, I frequently read reviews on many ships complaining about how crowded the Lido buffet area was during their cruise. However, my wife and I rarely eat there so this isn’t an issue for us. On the other hand, we really enjoy comedy shows, which is why we aren’t big fans of Sunshine due to the size of the Limelight Lounge. However, if you aren’t a big fan of comedy shows, that eliminates what I consider one of Sunshine’s biggest negatives. 

40 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

What are the top two rated Carnival ships right now?  

From my perspective, the way someone views a ship is directly related to what they like to do on a cruise. For example, I frequently read reviews on many ships complaining about how crowded the Lido buffet area was during their cruise. However, my wife and I rarely eat there so this isn’t an issue for us. On the other hand, we really enjoy comedy shows, which is why we aren’t big fans of Sunshine due to the size of the Limelight Lounge. However, if you aren’t a big fan of comedy shows, that eliminates what I consider one of Sunshine’s biggest negatives. 

Have not seen in a couple weeks, so the data is s little dated, but it was Vista, Horizon, Sunshine

PhillyFan - exactly what I was trying to say.  I don't hang out by the main pool.  I don't usually do "regular" buffet lunches, so I'm willing to stand in line for the Deli, Guy's or Blue Iguana.  I don't go to the comedy shows.  I only go to a couple of main shows and honestly don't have any problem with the way the theaters are laid out on Sunshine, Vista or Horizon.

So, again, if you sail mainly for the ports and not the ship, I think you tend to not let some of these "negatives" bother you so much.  I have >30 Carnival cruises.  I don't have a favorite ship.  Honestly, I love Fantasy, mostly because I have so many nights on her that she felt like Home to me.  Didn't like Ecstasy nearly as much even though she's basically the same ship.  Love the Spirit-class ships.  Really like Conquest class.  Splendor, not so much.  Wasn't terribly impressed with Vista or Horizon although I do like all the exterior seating along the Promenade deck.  Only class I haven't sailed is the Dream class.  Have zero interest in Mardi Gras.

Favorite cruise SHIP so far - HAL's Koningsdam.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

PhillyFan - exactly what I was trying to say.  I don't hang out by the main pool.  I don't usually do "regular" buffet lunches, so I'm willing to stand in line for the Deli, Guy's or Blue Iguana.  I don't go to the comedy shows.  I only go to a couple of main shows and honestly don't have any problem with the way the theaters are laid out on Sunshine, Vista or Horizon.

So, again, if you sail mainly for the ports and not the ship, I think you tend to not let some of these "negatives" bother you so much.  I have >30 Carnival cruises.  I don't have a favorite ship.  Honestly, I love Fantasy, mostly because I have so many nights on her that she felt like Home to me.  Didn't like Ecstasy nearly as much even though she's basically the same ship.  Love the Spirit-class ships.  Really like Conquest class.  Splendor, not so much.  Wasn't terribly impressed with Vista or Horizon although I do like all the exterior seating along the Promenade deck.  Only class I haven't sailed is the Dream class.  Have zero interest in Mardi Gras.

Favorite cruise SHIP so far - HAL's Koningsdam.

So can I infer you are not booked on the Mardi Gras yet?😉

I just came back from the Sunrise Monday and had a terrific time!

I didn't think the crowds were as bad as everyone here is making it out to be (except for the Deli line at the buffet).

The main pool deck was very crowded but no more crowded than on any other ship I've been on. But other deck areas, including Serenity - I had no problems getting seats any day.

CD Chris Williams was fantastic, and he was sailing with his wife and newborn daughter, who looked like she was enjoying her first cruise.

Maybe I went in with low expectations from what I read here but we had no qualms whatsoever and the ship looks beautiful!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1