Packing list help

On 8/17/2019 at 7:56 PM, TravelerTeacherRetired said:

Help me with a packing list for the October 30th sailing of the Riviera from Montreal to Miami. 

Lots of packing lists for all types of cruises on you tube.

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2019 at 7:56 AM, TravelerTeacherRetired said:

Help me with a packing list for the October 30th sailing of the Riviera from Montreal to Miami. 

This is VERY easy.

Pack what YOU need and don't pack what you don't need.

• Like 1

Easy, pack one of everything. 🙂

Not enough info to give you a packing list.

And I do not use a list.  I pack by mentally dressing myself.

OK, underwear, in the suitcase.  T-shirts, will I need, if yes, in the suitcase.  Socks, dress or athletic, in the suitcase.  Pants, shirts, etc.  Toiletries.  OTC meds.  Specialty things (swim gear, snorkel gear, walking/hiking, etc).  In the suitcase.

Done.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TravelerTeacherRetired said:

Except when you dont know what you need. 😊

Make a list of your day to day activities: excursions, sea day, etc.  Determine how active you will be on excursions, ie: hiking, visiting a cathedral or museum, on and off buses or walking.  Are certain venues dressier than others?  Will you use the pool or go to a beach somewhere?  Do you work out while on the ship?  Check the weather in each location.  Answering those questions will, IMO, give you a good place to start.

• Like 3

Start with essentials necessary to board in your carry on - id, boarding pass, etc.  Add items necessary to live - meds, credit cards, cash.  Some people add a change of clothing and/or a bottle of wine.

In checked luggage pack as you would for any other trip, only less.  Most ships offer laundry facilities or laundry service.  Mix and match.

My best advice is read the faqs on your cruiseline, don't take any camouflage, and don't overpack.  Leave room in your luggage for purchases.

Happy sailing!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m going on a very different cruise, Mediterranean in 2 weeks but I made a list of each day and what type of outfit I’d need for day and evening. 

Today i I started putting together some outfits with basic jewelry and shoes. I photographed myself in each outfit and edited the photo to write on it if the outfit was for something specific. For example we need our knees and shoulders covered on days we are going to Cathedrals.

Thats how I’ve started getting organized. Now don’t anybody laugh at me lol

and yes I would say warm clothes in Canada in November.... layers would be great

• 1 month later...

Did not include clothing on this list.

bath gel
batteries
biodegradable sunscreen
binoculars/monocular
bug spray
cap
denture brush
denture toothpaste
dentures
deodorant
deodorant
downy wrinkle release
drink cups
ear plugs
fan
flash drive
flashlight
hair detangler
hairbrush
hand sanitizer
hats/sunglasses
lanyards
laptop charger
loofah
makeup
mouthwash
neck coolers
over the door organizer 
passports / travel docs
phone charger
plug w/o surge protector
portable phone charger
rain ponchos
Rx medicine
scooter charger
seasick meds
shampoo
small 1st aid kit
umbrella
zip lock bags

I am asking nicely - please do not poke fun of me. I was only trying to help.

We are about to go on our 1st cruise. I keep this list so that when my husband and I travel, I can go through the list and pick and choose what to take or not take, but know that I will not forget anything.

Lanyard was on the list so my husband will not forget his work badge when he travels for work.

I do not know if loofah is the right word - I often take a small spongy-like thing that I use instead of a cloth.

4 minutes ago, wickky said:

I am asking nicely - please do not poke fun of me. I was only trying to help.

We are about to go on our 1st cruise. I keep this list so that when my husband and I travel, I can go through the list and pick and choose what to take or not take, but know that I will not forget anything.

Lanyard was on the list so my husband will not forget his work badge when he travels for work.

I do not know if loofah is the right word - I often take a small spongy-like thing that I use instead of a cloth.

I'm am SO no making fun of you.  The ship will likely offer a lanyard (which I wouldn't for a second wear off the ship - :))  Re loofah I was thinking about a big, organic loofah.  I have super dry skin so don't want to scrub it...but if you do, then yeah, bring something small.

And I sincerely apologize if I hurt your feelings.  That was not my intention.  Travel well, w.

• Like 1

Cruise ships do not go to places where you cannot get things if you find you forgot something.

IMO, cruise docs/passport and credit cards are about the only MUST have.

I no longer take a laptop, so no charger needed. 

Clothes, I pack what I think I will wear, but only must have is swimming stuff (on the appropriate cruise).

On 8/17/2019 at 8:56 PM, TravelerTeacherRetired said:

On 9/6/2019 at 5:18 PM, TravelerTeacherRetired said:

Thanks! I am struggling since we don’t have many winter things. Do have winter jackets though. Since it is early November and Canada, I imagine taking them is a good bet. 

Montreal to Miami I am guessing stops at Canadian and US ports 😉 That should make anything forgotten not as serious, if it was more international ports I would think Rx medication/contacts/glasses might be more difficult to replace.  If you are an odd to shop for size then clothes and shoes could be more difficult too, but again probably not in a major East Coast city.

I would pack layers for the colder temps (I'm not sure what you consider a winter jacket), since you won't want a lot of bulk in Miami.  Fleece with a windbreaker, scarf, and gloves will likely be enough for all but an extreme cold snap (when you could purchase more in port if necessary).

Jeans (among other things) can be worn more than once between washes, so you likely don't need quite as much clothing as you may think.  I personally don't like the "pack 1/2 the stuff, bring 2x the money" advice🙄 If I followed it I would only have 1 swim suit (like to have a dry one each day) and would either need to do laundry or have some very ripe gym clothes😱It's good to have multiple forms of payment for if one fails, but twice the money doesn't make sense for a ship that is cashless or for those who only use credit cards.  My philosophy is more take what makes you feel comfortable and you can easily manage.  If you only use credit then I would take some extra cash since small vendors might not take credit.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2019 at 12:55 PM, pacruise804 said:

if it was more international ports I would think Rx medication/contacts/glasses might be more difficult to replace.

Rx meds are pretty easy to find, much cheaper than in the US, and no prescription required in many cases. 😄

Yes, some less common or brand new drugs might be hard to find.

1 hour ago, SRF said:

Rx meds are pretty easy to find, much cheaper than in the US, and no prescription required in many cases. 😄

Yes, some less common or brand new drugs might be hard to find.

We each pack two pairs of reading glasses just in case (we've left them on airplanes).  Bob broke/lost both in Thailand IIRC .  No cheapie readers like Costco.