Shorefox excursions

webetraveling

Hello all,

My wife and I are going to Alaska in late May/June for land and sea.  Was looking at the various excursions, not cheap, guessing to a short season etc.

My wife found a company called Shorefox for excursions and I am wondering if anyone board member here have used them.  I have checked them out on the net the best I can and they have a decent rating via the "net".  They also state they will get you back to ship before departure, etc. also.

Thanks in advance!

Shorefox is a middleman.  Most of us prefer to book directly with a tried and true vendor. ( Any reputable vendor will get you back to the ship on time, otherwise they won't stay in business.)

Read thru the trip reports at the top of this page to see which vendors are most used in each port. 

if you know which activities you want in each port, you can ask here for recommended vendors.  

ie  if you need a whale watching vendor in Juneau.  Just keep in mind that people want/need different things from a vendor. Some people are prone to seasickness so they want a larger boat; other folks want a small boat so they don't have to fight for space at the rail.  

I prefer using the trip reports as a resource .... there are a few hundred of those and some are quite detailed, whereas if you ask for recommendations you might only get 6 or 7 responses.

If you're not sure which activities to choose, the trip reports are helpful there as well.  Or look at the town web site and download their Visitor Guide.  The Helpful Resource thread has a listing of web sites.

• Like 1