Speciality restaurants

alicat58

We are looking at the deal with 4 restaurants on the Grandiosa next year.

On our recent cruise we went to Butcher's cut. I cannot recall that the Seaview had a Hola!tapas or Kaito sushi restaurant. I did not look at the Atelier bistro menu.

Anyone have info on these?

Alicat58

Grandiosa is Meraviglia's sister ship - not Seaview's.  The SRs on Seaview are different, except for Butcher's Cut.  L'Atelier Bistro as well as Asian Market Kitchen by Roy Yamaguchi - comprising of Pan Asian, Sushi Bar and Teppanyaki - are the other SRs on Seaview.

On Meraviglia, Eataly has been replaced with Ocean Cay and Hola! Tapas, the other SRs being Butcher's Cut, Kaito Sushi and Kaito Teppanyaki.

Edited by Beamafar

The only ones we've tried were Butcher's Cut and Kaito.  We absolutely love BC and are looking forward to enjoying it on Seaview the week after next, sailing her for the first time.

Here are some menus I have for the SRs (I won't post BC's as you've been before) though one or two may be from US sailings (if the prices are in US$, then they are):

Hola! Tapas, including the Dining Experience menu (for Black Card):

598644023_Hola!Tapasmenu(1).png.0b7d14009d816fa1e2525cf6bf203958.png

591007255_Hola!Tapasmenu(prices)(2).png.0737e006d2d994f49dedc53b362dee74.png

317145900_Hola!TapasDiningExperienceMenu.png.64d986bfd3c636c560750afec3e4a2ef.png

Ocean Cay:

OCEAN CAY MENU.pdf

Ocean Cay Dining Experience menu:

937453377_OceanCayDiningExperienceMenu.png.5823be7b910505b1c36eab08c1b0115c.png

I posted Kaito's menu (as there are several pages) in the following thread.  While it's from Poesia, the menu is the same on Meraviglia (from post #7):

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2586365-our-poesia-cruise-experience-september-2018/?tab=comments#comment-55766386

Hi Ken ... I get that impression on here, alright.  Seems that, on US-based sailings, there's a choice from the main menus, whereas in Europe there's a set 'Dining Experience'.  I haven't been to an Ocean Cay SR so I don't have any personal experience.

The DE menu has nothing on it that I'd enjoy, but if I could order from the main menu, I'd certainly try the conch fritter (had some in the MDR on Armonia and liked them) and I'd choose the seabass for mains.  However, we're sticking with Butcher's Cut on our upcoming Seaview cruise for our Black Card benefit and I doubt we'd go to another SR on a 7 nighter - especially being in YC.

Edited by Beamafar

Cheers Bea. We had the tryptic package on Seaside and the choices were more extensive than the 'European' menu you post above. This is very disappointing and along with the 'Gerainger Gate' arrival time debacle, the scales are falling from my eyes regarding MSC! Oh well, 'tis as well it's the last cruise! Ken

15 minutes ago, CruiseIreland said:

Cheers Bea. We had the tryptic package on Seaside and the choices were more extensive than the 'European' menu you post above. This is very disappointing and along with the 'Gerainger Gate' arrival time debacle, the scales are falling from my eyes regarding MSC! Oh well, 'tis as well it's the last cruise! Ken

The same goes for a lot of situations on US-based ships vs European sailings.  Venchi is categorically not included for YC guests on Seaview, but is on Seaside.

However, I noticed that the House Chop salad as an appetiser on the DE menu in Butcher's Cut is not on the US-based BC menu which will be a disappointment when we're on Meraviglia in October.  It's the only starter I'd eat.  It's on the main menu so I'm hoping they'll agree to swap it out for me (or I'll just stump up the $4 half-price if necessary - it's truly delicious!).