Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
steve333

Oli’s trolleys

Recommended Posts

Can anyone advise me how far the departure point for Arcadia national park is with Pli’s trolleys from the cruise tender port in Bar harbor(is it walkable and if so how long please),thanks for any help,Steve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steve333 said:

Can anyone advise me how far the departure point for Arcadia national park is with Pli’s trolleys from the cruise tender port in Bar harbor(is it walkable and if so how long please),thanks for any help,Steve.

My wife and I are doing Olie’s Trolley in September. We chose the 2 1/2 hr trip. My understanding is the meet up spot is right where the tenders dock. We’re really looking forward to this trip. We’ve always gone to warm weather ports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fiftyguy said:

My wife and I are doing Olie’s Trolley in September. We chose the 2 1/2 hr trip. My understanding is the meet up spot is right where the tenders dock. We’re really looking forward to this trip. We’ve always gone to warm weather ports.

Hi,thanks for the information,Steve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fiftyguy said:

My wife and I are doing Olie’s Trolley in September. We chose the 2 1/2 hr trip. My understanding is the meet up spot is right where the tenders dock. We’re really looking forward to this trip. We’ve always gone to warm weather ports.

Sorry...It's not exactly "right" at the tender drop off....but a very quick easy walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Sorry...It's not exactly "right" at the tender drop off....but a very quick easy walk.

Thanks for clarifying ,just wanted to make sure it wasn’t too far to make the 10am tour,Steve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just be aware that with it been a tender port offical tours will be off loaded first.  They will then be a first come first served tender service for other passengers going ashore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did Oli's Trolley last year and it was an excellent day. We had a really knowledgeable guide who couldn't have been more helpful.  It is a gentle stroll from the tender point and we had no trouble getting off the ship. We did the 2.5 hour Acacia National Park tour and it was long enough for us.  When we asked him, the tour operator recommended the restaurant opposite for lunch and it was fantastic. It was the West End Cafe. It is busy but don't be put off as we didn't have to wait long at all. I had lobster (of course) and it was head and shoulders better than any lobster I have ever tasted. I then walked up the hill beside the restaurant and came to the common which was nice to look around then waked back down through the shopping street. We didn't have good weather but still enjoyed the day. 

Edited by tartanexile81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tartanexile81 said:

We did Oli's Trolley last year and it was an excellent day. We had a really knowledgeable guide who couldn't have been more helpful.  It is a gentle stroll from the tender point and we had no trouble getting off the ship. We did the 2.5 hour Acacia National Park tour and it was long enough for us.  When we asked him, the tour operator recommended the restaurant opposite for lunch and it was fantastic. It was the West End Cafe. It is busy but don't be put off as we didn't have to wait long at all. I had lobster (of course) and it was head and shoulders better than any lobster I have ever tasted. I then walked up the hill beside the restaurant and came to the common which was nice to look around then waked back down through the shopping street. We didn't have good weather but still enjoyed the day. 

Thank you for the review of Oli’s Trolleys. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the tour. I also have West End Cafe on my radar for lunch while in BH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's quite a few years ago, about 9 from memory, but our Oli's Trolleys tour was great and the walk was quite short.  Enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, tartanexile81 said:

We did Oli's Trolley last year and it was an excellent day. We had a really knowledgeable guide who couldn't have been more helpful.  It is a gentle stroll from the tender point and we had no trouble getting off the ship. We did the 2.5 hour Acacia National Park tour and it was long enough for us.  When we asked him, the tour operator recommended the restaurant opposite for lunch and it was fantastic. It was the West End Cafe. It is busy but don't be put off as we didn't have to wait long at all. I had lobster (of course) and it was head and shoulders better than any lobster I have ever tasted. I then walked up the hill beside the restaurant and came to the common which was nice to look around then waked back down through the shopping street. We didn't have good weather but still enjoyed the day. 

My friend and I had this exact same day in September, 2015.  Bar Harbor was my favorite port — Oli’s Trolley and Acadia National Park —  Lobster rolls and blueberry pie at West End Cafe — shopping in Bar Harbor.  Wonderful!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2019 at 9:22 PM, steve333 said:

Can anyone advise me how far the departure point for Arcadia national park is with Pli’s trol in Bar harbor(is it walkable and if so how long please),thanks for any help,Steve.

We did the tour ten years ago but I remember it being a very good tour and the walking distance from the ship wasn`t far.

Cruise October, 2009 120.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone done their one hour tour?  Is it worth it? Please don't try to suggest the longer ones, I have my reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are actually two tender dock locations in Bar Harbor, and both are within a very quick stroll to the Olli's Trolley trolley loading location.  In 2017 we were on a B2B2B series, and the first two cruises stopped at Bar Harbor.  We used different tender docks on the first and second port call.  One actually was what many of us would describe as being "right" at the tender dock.  The other is a very short walk.

 

We have done the 2.5 hour trip, and were extremely pleased with our experience.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if Ollie’s has to be booked in advance?  We prefer to just get off at our leisure and depending on the weather (we are there October 17) either do the 2 1/2 or 4 hour tour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ollie's does not have to be booked in advance.  There are many trollies and the 21/2 hr tour is well worth the price and gives you time for lunch and visiting town shops

Edited by OBX-Cruisers
correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did the 2.5 hour tour last Oct.  We were on Anthem of the Seas.  I had pre purchased the tour (~ 930-can't remember exactly). We tendered from Anthem and to Oli's Trolley with plenty of time to spare.  It's a 5 minute or so walk.  It was freezing out, so we found some sun to wait in.  When we returned from Acadia, we walked to a local recommended by the trolley driver restaurant.  No seafood for us-allergy so we asked for something that offered more.  I cant' remember the name, but it was a few blocks from the port.  We had the best blueberry pie, yum.  We're going back in May and can't decide whether to do Acadia again.  After seeing it in fall, not sure if we want to go in the spring.  Anyway, we had a great tour.

Edited by BND

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...