St. Petersburg Port Guide

donaldsc

• 10 months later...

Thank you for sharing! You forget just how much gold there is everywhere until you see the photos again. Oh, those pictures made me long to go back. . . . I'm trying to talk my sister into joining me for a trip in the future, so I will email her the link as a lure.

I would point out to first time visitors, though, the the port guide is not completely comprehensive in that it does not cover all sights and even omits some favourites like the Fabergé Museum. Do read tour descriptions carefully to make sure that you visit all the sights that *you* want to visit. And if setting up a private tour (as Tom suggests in the final pages), do talk with your tour company about what sites might interest you personally.

(And yes, reiterating his final advice: do search a well-reviewed tour company for the best experience instead of relying on the cruise line tours. I recommend emailing several companies to find the best fit for you if planning a private tour -- this is how I wound up with Red Sun for a private tour on our 2nd visit after going on one a standard small-group tours on the first visit. Both tours were good, but our private tour, being customized to our interests and catering just to us throughout, was obviously better. There are many recommendations in the stickied thread at the top of this forum if you're looking for recommendations.)