Mud bath vs. Volcano

ktwedding2010

Hi all!  This will be my husband's and my first time in St Lucia and we are looking at possibly doing Spencer Ambrose's tour.  We would need to choose between going to the mud baths or the guided volcano tour.  Does anyone have experience with either/both of these options and have recommendations of one versus the other?

Thanks!

We did that tour and went to the mud baths. We enjoyed the whole day. The boat had an issue so they picked us up in a different boat but it was still great day. The baths were not exactly what we expected. Thought we would submerge in a pit of mud. That doesn't happen. You go into hot water then come out and they have buckets of mud that you put all over your body. Then once it's dry you go back into the natural hot water and rinse off. Skin felt awesome afterward and we loved the total excursion. The beach stop is beautiful. Have fun!

13 hours ago, SKSMIKE5 said:

We did that tour and went to the mud baths. We enjoyed the whole day. The boat had an issue so they picked us up in a different boat but it was still great day. The baths were not exactly what we expected. Thought we would submerge in a pit of mud. That doesn't happen. You go into hot water then come out and they have buckets of mud that you put all over your body. Then once it's dry you go back into the natural hot water and rinse off. Skin felt awesome afterward and we loved the total excursion. The beach stop is beautiful. Have fun!

Great, thanks for the info!

The nud baths are at the volcano.

If you opt for the volcano walk/talk, you'll see the mud baths off to the side 

If you opt for the actual mud baths, you'll see the volcano off to the right when you drive through at the end.  The mud baths themselves are right in the caldera. 

A quick Wikipedia read on the volcano is about what you'd learn on the walk tour.  Lol.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the mud baths this last time around, which also takes you to the waterfall and the beach at Jalousie. We had a great time. (We've used Spencers twice now and highly recommend him).

If you are into snorkeling, Jalousie is the absolute BEST! Like seriously!

But if you are interested in our mud bath/waterfall day, you can find a complete review I did on our day there, located HERE (click) and there's TONS of pictures. If there's one thing about the mud baths...they sure make for some great pictures to show back home. 🤣

P4241258%20copy-M.jpg

Edited by mitsugirly

On 8/20/2019 at 1:51 PM, reedprincess said:

The nud baths are at the volcano.

If you opt for the volcano walk/talk, you'll see the mud baths off to the side 

If you opt for the actual mud baths, you'll see the volcano off to the right when you drive through at the end.  The mud baths themselves are right in the caldera. 

A quick Wikipedia read on the volcano is about what you'd learn on the walk tour.  Lol.

Lol Thanks!  I think we are leaning towards doing the mud baths ☺️ 

On 8/28/2019 at 2:33 PM, mitsugirly said:

We did the mud baths this last time around, which also takes you to the waterfall and the beach at Jalousie. We had a great time. (We've used Spencers twice now and highly recommend him).

If you are into snorkeling, Jalousie is the absolute BEST! Like seriously!

But if you are interested in our mud bath/waterfall day, you can find a complete review I did on our day there, located HERE (click) and there's TONS of pictures. If there's one thing about the mud baths...they sure make for some great pictures to show back home. 🤣

P4241258%20copy-M.jpg

Love the picture lol😂.  I actually came across and am still in the process of reading one of your reviews, it's fantastic! Great pictures and details of the trip.  I'm now really looking forward to the snorkeling part of this trip, we've snorkeled a good bit but have never seen anything like what's in your pictures, very exciting!

On 8/30/2019 at 3:03 PM, ktwedding2010 said:

Love the picture lol😂.  I actually came across and am still in the process of reading one of your reviews, it's fantastic! Great pictures and details of the trip.  I'm now really looking forward to the snorkeling part of this trip, we've snorkeled a good bit but have never seen anything like what's in your pictures, very exciting!

Thanks and if you are reading one of the reviews with St Lucia, the snorkeling is just that amazing. I've heard people use the term "It felt like swimming in a fish aquarium"....well this is the true definition of that! Seriously!

I have 2 reviews of St Lucia and snorkeling at Jalousie beach of you are interested. I'll point you to my website with both of them and pics. I'm not sure which review you are currently reading.

http://mitsubishigirl19.wixsite.com/mitsugirlys-cruise/about1

There's one from 2016 and 2019

Edited by mitsugirly