global entry renewal - cannot log in.

compozer

I am getting so frustrated trying to renew our global entry.   I want to renew my husband, son and my cards.   We all received an email saying they are coming due in a few months.   I click on the site and they ask for my email address and password.   I have a notebook with all the passwords, etc listed.  None of our passwords will work.  I reset the passwords and they still will not work... I try to create a new  login.gov account but when I put in any of our email addresses, it says "that email is already being used!!!   Under contact, I sent an email early this am but no one has contacted me by email or phone.

This is so frustrating!!!!

Anyone have this experience, and if so, what did you have to do.      Thanks so much.

hr-red-1.svg

You will no longer be able to use your GOES User ID and password to sign in. Please create a new login.gov account. You will be able to link this new account with your old GOES account by providing your PASSID. If you have trouble with your PASSID, please contact CBP directly: https://help.cbp.gov/app/ask. No credit card or payment will be required.

To register a new account:

1. Please visit https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/
  2. If you are a new user, select “Get Started” in the middle of the page. If you are a returning user, select “LOG IN” on the upper right hand corner.
  3. Select “Consent & Continue”
  4. Select “Create an account”
  5. Enter your email address: this is your new username going forward
  6. Wait for an email confirmation and follow the instructions in the email
  7. Continue with the account creation process as described here: https://login.gov/help/creating-an-account/how-do-i-create-an-account-with-logingov/
  8. You should now see a page that looks like this:
    Login.gov created account page
  9. Select “Continue” to go back to the Trusted Traveler Programs website
  10. You should now see a page that looks like this:
    Trusted traveler account profile
  11. Fill out your info on tha

We went through the same thing back in May —- you just have to read the instructions very carefully and follow them precisely.  It took each of us about four tries. Then, I got my new card in less than a week while my wife was told she had to go in for an interview.  JFK (the nearest) said she couldn’t get an appointment until mid-August.  So we drove up to Bradley (Hartford/Springfield) about a 30 minute longer, but much easier, drive. Just had to wait five minutes for a “walk-in” - their was free parking right next to the building rather than having to use a garage at JFK and wander around to find the GOES office. We were in and out in less than 20 minutes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

Have you tried:

1) Clear your history, cache, cookies

10 hours ago, clo said:

That's something I have to remind myself to do periodically.

Clearing cache is like eating prunes. It's unpleasant but it helps keep you system regular.😉

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Clearing cache is like eating prunes. It's unpleasant but it helps keep you system regular.😉

I love that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And I'm stealing it 🙂

I am ready to scream.

I have tried over and over and followed the directions exactly,  the email keeps saying this email is already associated with an account.  I cleared cookies

I have tried using all here of our email addresses

I sent a help email to themyesterday morning but no reply

I have waisted hours and hours on this

I just returned from a 2 week trip and am so far behind around the house, etc.    I am about ready to drive the two hours to the office we had our interviews at - they didn't do walk in back then but I am at the end of my rope.   

My husband has sat with me and I AM following their instructions.

Does anyone have a phone number I could call?     All I can find is the login.go team contact form to submit and as I said, no reply from them

Thanks

I am confused. Are you getting that message when you select "Forgot My Password"? If so, are you following the link in the e-mail to reset your password? My screens look like this:

52956256_login1.thumb.PNG.9ab5b1e08735adcee0ee2927cd52072b.PNG

Then once I have entered the above:

396757535_login2.thumb.PNG.c0d4736b625a1875b5873e04cac035de.PNG

Get the code from my phone, enter and done.

Also I believe once you login incorrectly 3 times you are logged out for 10 minutes. You may be logging in again too quickly for the system.

Edited by JennyB1977

If I'm understanding your situation correctly there's nothing else that we can suggest on here for you to resolve matters. I think Flatbushflyer gave you the skinny about the system change on the duplicate question - i.e. that now instead of GOES you need a Login.gov account, but that only happened a couple of years ago so with GE cards having a 5 year duration you should not have needed it the previous time you applied/renewed which would have definitely been through GOES.

Unless you had some other reason than GE to have acquired an account on login.gov the logical deduction is that your current attempts to sign up have gone awry - and it's definitely going to be DHS, who run login.gov, rather than CBP who you need help from. I reused the same email account that I used with GOES to register on login.gov just this year for my own NEXUS renewal, as did my wife for hers, and neither of us had any problem doing so - which means there isn't any problem reusing the email account listed on the old GOES system with the new one that could be falsely triggering a 'this email is already registered' flag.

Even if you're being super-careful to follow the instructions now, odds are very high you did something wrong the first time around - and that's now biting you every time you try to do it right because you have a partial account set up. Unless you got the secondary login verification info - a code texted to your phone - first time around, then you definitely did not follow the instructions completely and once you have an email listed on the system as in process there's simply no way that a secure website is ever going to let you reuse it without manual intervention after verifying you are really you in some other manner.

Actually I do have one other idea - set up a brand new email account with Gmail, Yahoo etc. and start again from scratch...? We're using free web-based email accounts for ours so there's certainly no issue with them, although I think if I were you I'd still want to tidy up the partial accounts for the entire family even if a new email does let you start over, even if just to ensure that come renewal reminder time you get an email sent to an account you actually check regularly!

• Thanks 1

Thanks again for all the suggestions

I am putting it away for a week.    I followed the link that I received in an email saying my GI is expiring soon.   I was at #4 - create an account.  I put in my email and then received an email back saying it is already used.  Never got to a form asking for my password.

I am just putting this out of my mind for a week and then I will come back.     

Thanks again for trying to help

Give me back a paper form!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Wanted to update all of you nice folks that tried to help me.   I told my son to renew his and he did it the first time.  I asked him to come and sit with me while I tried ours.   Did my husband's first and SHOCK!!!  it worked.  The phone text came through.  Now I did it exactly the same the other day and I never received a text.   Then i did mine,  WELL!!!!!  I did it on the third try!   I kept getting the message that my email was already being used.   A strange thing did happen with my husbands.   I took my time to make sure everything was correct.  It took me a while to go through all the countries we have visited.  As soon as I hit confirm, a message came up and said I exceeded my time limit and I needed to log in again.  Luckily all the info I entered was saved. 

Thanks again for all your help.

• Like 2