excursion to french quarter after cruise

riviera

Has anyone done Carnival's "shore excursion" to the French Quarter on the morning of debarkation? It sounds good since we have a late flight that evening, however,

it seems as if they put your luggage on a bus, then you are expected to walk to the FQ and tour for a few hours then meet up at a designated place for pick up and 

transfer to the airport? Is the FQ really that close to the pier?  I'd appreciated advice from someone who has done this excursion  Thanks for your help...

The French Quarter is ridiculously easy to do on your own-- not sure why you'd even want to be tied up in a tour for it. You can store your luggage at a number of hotels in the Quarter quite easily for most of the day. Just take an Uber or taxi to the airport when you're ready to go. 

But to answer your question the cruise terminal is essentially adjacent to the French Quarter. About a 5 minute walk. 

• Like 2

There is a service at the cruise terminal called Advance Checkin. They will take your luggage, store it, and transport it to the airport. Lots cheaper than what Carnival offers.

As above, just a short walk to the Quarter from the terminal.

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2019 at 11:18 AM, jgmpuma said:

There is a service at the cruise terminal called Advance Checkin. They will take your luggage, store it, and transport it to the airport. Lots cheaper than what Carnival offers.

I just went to the website to explore this option, but don't see it.  Would you happen to have a link?

• 3 weeks later...

There is also a street car stop fairly close to the cruise terminal. Very cheap, sort of reliable. They do get pretty busy at night time though, I've watched 3 of them go by me at full capacity before ordering a lyft.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 11:18 AM, jgmpuma said:

I have looked at the website for Advance Checkin, but do not see the price for simply storing your luggage there and retrieving it yourself to take to the airport (not having them transport it for you).  Would anyone happen to know that cost?