Egypt 2020

franski

On 9/24/2019 at 3:06 PM, EllaDuChien said:

...We flew for about an hour, not directly over the Valley of the Kings, because that is on the other side of the mountain, but the Valley of the Queens and Hapshutsut's temple.  

IMG_5160.thumb.jpg.4488b2d31447381fc84de86cb88f2bce.jpg

Since it might be possible to interpret that this picture is of Djeser-djeseru (Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut), I’m pretty sure that it actually shows Medinet Habu, the Mortuary Temple of Ramesses III.

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2019 at 12:56 PM, EllaDuChien said:

Flying home tomorrow...look for a full review soon!  

*Spoiler Alert*

IT'S AMAZING!!!

Hoping you will post a bit more about your trip...

We have been able to pre-book a hot-air balloon ride (realizing it may be cancelled if the weather conditions aren't good...) - so am pleased about that...

We have also booked a tour to Garbage City and St. Samaan Church - and are hoping to get to the Coptic area of Cairo. 

Just a little over 2 months to go....

Fran

On 11/9/2019 at 9:44 PM, franski said:

Hoping you will post a bit more about your trip...

We have been able to pre-book a hot-air balloon ride (realizing it may be cancelled if the weather conditions aren't good...) - so am pleased about that...

We have also booked a tour to Garbage City and St. Samaan Church - and are hoping to get to the Coptic area of Cairo. 

Just a little over 2 months to go....

Fran

Well I have finally started my review...that darn job thing keeps getting in the way!  I took over 1000 pictures so sorting through all of them is a challenge, but I hope to have the whole thing written soon! 

You can read the review at the website in my signature (I do not sell anything and I am not a travel agent), I use the website mostly for my family to read about the trips.  

Please enjoy and feel free to ask me if you have any specific questions!  You are going to have a blast!  It was easily the greatest trip I have ever been on!

We just returned from a 16-day cruise down the Nile on the Uniworld Tosca. The trip was fantastic!  The sights were so amazing, and the people were so friendly and kind. We never felt unsafe or insecure.

Tourism is returning to Egypt, which is a good thing for everyone. The Grand Egyptian Museum will be opening at the end of next year, which will give You even more reason to visit 

as my husband remarked this morning, “I would go back to Egypt in a heartbeat!”

• Like 1