Hello! I'm a crew member!

No.

Mainly because if masks are required, there is no vaccine yet and covid-19 is still hanging around. Masks are designed to protect others from you and there are way too many people who would falsely claim medical exemptions (just look at all the fake "ESAs" around) to get out of wearing or just plain refuse to wear a mask.

Masks are useless if people refuse to wear them. You need compliance with the I protect you from me and you protect me from you strategy.

Also, why would I pay in the tens of thousands of dollars to cruise while uncomfortable?  There are a variety of vacation options that won't require masks that we will utilize this year. Our friends have a airbnb on a beautiful, isolated lake that we will probably rent. Boating and fishing won't require us to wear masks..  I LOVE cruising but we are patient and can wait for a vaccine.

• Like 2

I won't currently get a massage because a mask would be required, and that means it wouldn't be relaxing to me. 

If masks were required for shows, and boarding/departing, yes.  We would consider sailing.  But in bars (where you would have to remove to drink) and restaurants (where you would have to remove to eat), and just strolling around the deck where we could social distance?  No.  We would wait.  That's not something I want to spend a lot of money for. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Why would you (not specifically towards you) purposely go against a mandatory requirement?

SMH

M8

I don’t know.  You’ll have to ask those that will, probably the same ones who try to skip out on the mandatory muster drill.

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2020 at 4:27 PM, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

Would you cruise if wearing a mask is mandatory?

If it will contribute to the safety I wouldn't mind at all wearing a mask, not all the time but at certain venues or for instance when embarking or disembarking the ship for instance.

On another note, do you have any better insights on how advanced RCL is with developing it's new safety and Hygiene concepts which will determine when they start cruising again? I guess a lot will also depend on the strategies on how to handle a Corona case onboard without spreading throughout the ship and ending the whole ship go into quaranten and not allowed to dock in any port anymore.