New to HAL, questions about specialty dining

Rominesh

Hi! We're taking our first HAL cruise in November on the Nieuw Statendam, and our second ever cruise (first was on the Equinox this past spring). I was wondering if they offer discounted dining packages while on-board, like Celebrity often does, or is it better to pre-purchase what restaurants we want prior? Also, is Nami Sushi strictly ala carte, or do they sometimes offer all you can eat specials? Thank you!

Naomi is ala carte and they “prefer” that you order everything at once. I ask waitstaff to stage bringing out our order and they did. I have not seen nor heard of an eat special at this venue.

Depending on reservations, some ships will have 25% discounts at Pinnacle on 1st night. They also at times list some discounts in the daily when and where bulletin you receive each evening. 

Have a great cruise. Love the Tamarind and Sel de Mer 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rominesh said:

Hi! We're taking our first HAL cruise in November on the Nieuw Statendam, and our second ever cruise (first was on the Equinox this past spring). I was wondering if they offer discounted dining packages while on-board, like Celebrity often does, or is it better to pre-purchase what restaurants we want prior? Also, is Nami Sushi strictly ala carte, or do they sometimes offer all you can eat specials? Thank you!

FWIW here is Nami Sushi menu with prices:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Nami-Sushi.pdf

The dining packages will show up in your cruise planner if they're available for your sailing.  Sometimes they come and go so it doesn't hurt to check in regularly. 

As with any cruise line, you can certainly try to negotiate prices once on the ship.  HAL offers additional discounts as part of their loyalty program, so they seem to be a little more rigid with the pricing.

5 hours ago, freestyling said:

Naomi is ala carte and they “prefer” that you order everything at once. I ask waitstaff to stage bringing out our order and they did. I have not seen nor heard of an eat special at this venue.

Depending on reservations, some ships will have 25% discounts at Pinnacle on 1st night. They also at times list some discounts in the daily when and where bulletin you receive each evening. 

Have a great cruise. Love the Tamarind and Sel de Mer 

We ate there last week and although they said they would pace our meal, they brought everything out within 15 minutes.  I won’t dine there again