8-22-19 Thursday Weigh-In....Heat or Rain Can't Keep You From The Scale Today

Belle

Hi all!

Boy most of you are doing great!!

I was at our annual sibs' get together at my DS' cottage & snacked continuously plus she baked & I ate what she offered, Mom's ooey gooey butter tarts. I just had one but am up 0.6 lbs to be my highest weight ever!!

My DB said his wife lost 60 lbs on WW & my DS & I couldn't even see that she needed to lose weight!

Brothers both mentionned their weights but DS & I didn't join that conversation!😉

Jan ~ congratulations on your anniversary & WTG for your DD's weight loss.

Bon voyage to the lucky ones cruising soon!

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

Good Afternoon Everyone.  Back from shopping. Can't believe the prices on food today. 

"They" blame oil. hot weather, rain..whatever. Well guess we shouldn't buy to much but

do you notice..the healthier food cost more!

Jo..sounds like had a good time. That's a small gain for all your eating and fun.

Cruises42  Is your cruise the 26th? If so then Diana will get off and you will get on. Bon Voyage again!

Belle, I went grocery shopping tonight and the price was shocking!  We are having all the "kids" and grandkids over on Monday for pizza.  The grandkids and I are making flat bread pizzas ... one cheese, one pepperoni (or perhaps two) and then one with lots of different vegetables and a different meat. The grandkids eat half of the "grediants" before they put it on the pizza's ... it is great fun!.   I then bought "stuff" for everyone to make their own salads ... lettuce, spinach, carrots, peppers,  avocado, cucs, broccoli, strawberries, blueberries, onions,  then toppings, etc. 

I can make it diet friendly, and have a wonderful time watching all the kids interact ... and watching the grands eat everything before it goes on the pizza ... this is what I love -- family is amazing!.  Jan 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Belle said:

Good Afternoon Everyone.  Back from shopping. Can't believe the prices on food today. 

"They" blame oil. hot weather, rain..whatever. Well guess we shouldn't buy to much but

Jo..sounds like had a good time. That's a small gain for all your eating and fun.

Cruises42  Is your cruise the 26th? If so then Diana will get off and you will get on. Bon Voyage again!

Yep. Thanks!

Guess everyone is having a busy or lazy Sunday..No one talking. I'm half and half today.

Did some things and been lazy too!  Best of both worlds!:classic_love::classic_biggrin:

Hope to see some people this Monday saying how the weekend went..Food wise.

I have been eating to many carbs I know. The scale will tell on Monday.:classic_tongue:

Hope everyone is having a good Monday.

This weekend my husband was home so we enjoyed time with him and even went to the park since it was semi cool and cloudy and played baseball and soccer with our son. It was great family time and GREAT exercise.

My son is on a weird sleeping schedule. He even napped yesterday which is odd because he hasn't napped in about 3 years. He went to sleep last night around 730 and woke up at midnight and got sick. We have been up ever since. I am ready for a nap LOL Hopefully my weight doesn't go up too much since I have been snacking in order to stay awake.

On 8/22/2019 at 10:48 AM, RobinCruiser said:

Wowsers! You guys are awesome!!! I'm sorry to break the train but I'm up 0.6 this week. 😞  Too many treats. But I do have a non-scale victory to share... I have a pair of shorts that two weeks ago would not even do up. Last Thursday, I could them up but with a very noticeable muffin top.. Today, I can do them up and the muffin top is almost gone... Yay! 

I'd take no muffin top in a pair of shorts that two weeks ago gave me a muffin top over loosing weight any day.

On 8/22/2019 at 3:11 PM, melmar02 said:

I also didn't lose this week and am exactly the same as last week. However, my scale also measures body fat, and it is down for the week, so I'll take it! I've been losing pretty consistent for the last 6 weeks, so I'm just chalking this one up to hormones and stress because I didn't really have any cheats. We leave in 8 days, so if it's not gone now, I'm probably not going to lose it by next Friday! I wonder how many calories I will burn by getting out the suit cases, packing, and then repacking to make all our stuff fit? 😄

Body fat down.  Bonus.  And yes, packing / repacking for cruise is exercise (where I'm concerned).  I'm hoping you will come back and let us know how cruise was.

On 8/22/2019 at 4:36 PM, JessandLevi said:

Congrats on all the weight loss! 

For the umpteenth week in a row I stayed the same. I am also on my monthly so that doesn't really help much LOL I did start taking a daily vitamin since I hardly eat in the summertime. I can't eat when it is hot. Can it be winter already?! 

My cruise is in 100 days and I would love to be 199 so 5 pounds. I started Beachbody exercises back again so hopefully that helps too.

I had a non scale victory. I tried on my favorite shorts. They are a large and a bit snug especially in the thighs but nothing ripped so that's a plus right?!?! 

I wish I had the problem of not wanting to eat when hot.  Or anytime for that matter.

Just to show again how different body types are, I can't fit into an extra large when I'm at 200lb.  

On 8/23/2019 at 8:24 AM, AndyB said:

Well, my 4-pound loss didn't last long - back up 1.5 this morning (the downside of weighing every day is seeing all the little "adjustments" your body makes).  I'm going to chalk it up to excess sodium, as that's the only thing I can see from my food log that would contribute.   Not discouraged, though - I am really feeling better these days, sleeping better, more energy.  The weight will follow.

I guess that's why they tell us not to weigh daily.  I  can't not weigh when I'm really trying to loose weight.  This week so far I lost 3lb and are now back up 2.4lb to 0.6lb below where I was last Thursday.  Oh well.  We will see on Thursday.  Happy thoughts (and low carbs).

On 8/23/2019 at 11:13 AM, Jan_In_Maine said:

I just have to share ... I am so proud of my daughter.  She has been working on getting healthy for the past 2-3 months and has lost over 30# ... we went yesterday for her first wedding dress fitting and the seamstress wanted her to pick out a different wedding gown.  My DD said no, so now they have to take the dress in (remove the zipper and over 8" of fabric) then redo the zipper ... It is amazing what she has accomplished.  She has met her first goal ... and will try to just maintain for the next month.  Then after the wedding she wants to lose the rest of the weight.  She is 2 inches taller than I am and weighs 16# more than I do ... but can wear a smaller size than I do in clothes ... Everyone's body structure is so different.  She looks so good!    (PS her fiance says she isn't a bridezilla she is a dietzilla).  

You should definitely post a picture of her in her dress.

My weekend was so-so foodwise.  Was really good Saturday after a splurge Friday night, and good all day yesterday til falling for the call of Cheez-its while watching TV last night.  Boo!  Scale down, up, down, up.  @Jasonmom, I'm like you, I can't NOT weigh when I'm trying to lose.  But like you said, just hoping it's net down on Thursday.

Doing well today, and kept my evening snack to 1 ounce of cheese.  Watching American Ninja Warrior and pacing the floor while I watch.  Well, except for this break to update my spreadsheets and post here.

Last week of August.  Can't believe how it flies by.

• Like 1

@Belle, you have inspired me to be creative.  I needed something to help me stick to this long term by focusing on one little thing each week.  And since my cruise is just over 14 weeks away, I wanted to tie it to that.  My cruise on AmaWaterways is called "Iconic Christmas Markets".  I'm so excited for it - my first river cruise, my first time to these countries, and my first solo cruise in a long, long time.

With some abbreviating, I can get "Iconic Xmas Mkts" down to 14 letters.  So here's my 14-week plan:

set an Intention

up the Cardio

Overcome obstacles

Nix nighttime eating

Improve one thing

Change up the routine

eXamine what's working

Make workouts a priority

Add some yoga

take the Stairs

adjust Marco percentages

Keep up the momentum

minimize Travel Pitfalls

Sail through Thanksgiving

By the way, Belle, I don't know how you come up with all those poems each week.  This took me forever to come up with, and it doesn't even rhyme.  LOL.

This week is about setting an Intention every day.  Today my Intention was to be present in each moment - not multi-tasking, not thinking of the next thing coming up.  I think I did pretty well (not perfect).  That's not an easy one for me.  I'll set a new one tomorrow when I wake up.

• Like 3

Quick note...to say hi to everyone. Back from our cruise. Will weigh in on Thursday. 

Had a nice time. Food pretty good on HAL. Actually nice being on a smaller ship.More intimate. From small we will be on the NCL Bliss in November. Polar opposites. 

Laundry. mail, etc. beakons so probably won't be on until Thursday.

Diana

• Like 2

On 8/22/2019 at 8:48 AM, Jasonmom said:

Well, I'm excited to say I lost 6.0lb this last week.  Am down to 220.0lb (yea, I've started doing the 1/10th pounds).  That is 1lb less than I weighed when I went to my brother's for 10 days.  I know the weight has probably come off faster because I was just re-losing the 9lb I gained while at my brother's house.  

To reach my goal of being 199lb before the cruise I would have to loose just over 4lb a week for the next 5 weeks.  Even though I want to keep up my hopes of getting there, I don't want to set myself up to being upset if it doesn't happen.  At 2lb / week that will have me to 210lb before the cruise.  I will try to be happy with that (if I can do that) but really want to see that 199lb.  I know I'll gain at least 10lb on cruise (shoot I gained 9lb staying with my brother, and can't say I ate that much).

😁   37 days till I leave for my cruise   😁

19 Days until my cruise 😄 I hope to lose 5# which is doable, but a stretch based on recent history.  Readjusting your goal sounds very healthy.  A 10# loss isn't nothing either.  If you doubt it, carry around two 5# sacks of flour or potatoes for a while and you will will notice 😉 

On 8/22/2019 at 9:04 AM, Jan_In_Maine said:

Amazing job all .... simply amazing!!!!

I am down, but not what you all are I lost 0.8# this week for a total of 28.8# -- I'll take it.  

Sunday was my anniversary and we spent a few days along the coast ... we went to see a Maine comic, had lots of wine in small cafe's, and being on the coast we had to have Italian!  It was so good, been a long time since I've had fettucini with a white garlic cause and shrimp ... (and split a bottle of wine).  I'm surprised I lost anything.  (It was our 46# - how time flies).

Belle - thanks for starting this thread - poem is wonderful!  Jan 

Congratulations!

On 8/22/2019 at 9:45 AM, CarolinaGirl2010 said:

I lost 1.5 lbs this week.  4 lbs altogether in the last two weeks so not too bad.  I'm on the 21 day fix and normally lose the most in the early part of the program.  I have one more week, then I'll take a few days off and start again.  I have 80 days till my cruise so I still have time. 

My problem is that suddenly I have arch pain in my foot, and I have to walk.  Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I'll do the weight machines at the gym today instead of the treadmill and hope I feel better tomorrow.

Sounds like everyone did well this week!

Ouch, foot pain is no joke 😞 A few things that help me: fill a soft drink or other bottle part way with water and freeze, then roll the bottle with your foot (ice helps with inflammation); heel drop stretch - stand on a step with the balls of your feet at the edge and let your heels drop (stretches the Achilles' tendon), you will also probably feel a pull on your calf muscle; looping a towel around the ball of your foot and pulling toward you (gentler stretch than heel drop, can be done in bed).  Improper fitting/supporting shoes could be a reason too - if you have a local running store they can probably watch your walking gait and recommend a good shoe.

On 8/22/2019 at 10:48 AM, RobinCruiser said:

Wowsers! You guys are awesome!!! I'm sorry to break the train but I'm up 0.6 this week. 😞  Too many treats. But I do have a non-scale victory to share... I have a pair of shorts that two weeks ago would not even do up. Last Thursday, I could them up but with a very noticeable muffin top.. Today, I can do them up and the muffin top is almost gone... Yay! 

@Jan_In_Maine Congratulations on your loss and your anniversary! Wow, 46! That's awesome, I'll be hitting 24 this September. 

I also had a gain - 1# - likely due to stress and inflammation.  Hoping to be down this week now that daughter is settled in at college and high school has started for son so we can get back to a semblance of a routine 😉 Great non-scale victory!  I had a small one too - it was cool enough Monday to wear jeans for orientation night (first time since spring), and I had no trouble pulling them on and zipping 🙂 

I'll be celebrating 24 years in October ❤️ 

On 8/24/2019 at 6:19 PM, Belle said:

On the surface it looks that way, but there are opportunity costs to our health when we choose the "cheap" foods that balance the scales.  I find Aldi to be good for inexpensive produce and (relatively) inexpensive quality cheese, even Walmart/Target/Sams can be good if you watch.  Farmer's markets can be good sources for quality meats if you have freezer space to buy in bulk or friends you can split an order with.

On 8/24/2019 at 7:28 PM, Jan_In_Maine said:

Belle, I went grocery shopping tonight and the price was shocking!  We are having all the "kids" and grandkids over on Monday for pizza.  The grandkids and I are making flat bread pizzas ... one cheese, one pepperoni (or perhaps two) and then one with lots of different vegetables and a different meat. The grandkids eat half of the "grediants" before they put it on the pizza's ... it is great fun!.   I then bought "stuff" for everyone to make their own salads ... lettuce, spinach, carrots, peppers,  avocado, cucs, broccoli, strawberries, blueberries, onions,  then toppings, etc. 

I can make it diet friendly, and have a wonderful time watching all the kids interact ... and watching the grands eat everything before it goes on the pizza ... this is what I love -- family is amazing!.  Jan 

I love this Jan!  Food is a big part of how we socialize, but it is possible to make it healthy and fun.  Hope you had a great night with the family 🙂 

On 8/26/2019 at 12:46 PM, JessandLevi said:

Hope everyone is having a good Monday.

This weekend my husband was home so we enjoyed time with him and even went to the park since it was semi cool and cloudy and played baseball and soccer with our son. It was great family time and GREAT exercise.

My son is on a weird sleeping schedule. He even napped yesterday which is odd because he hasn't napped in about 3 years. He went to sleep last night around 730 and woke up at midnight and got sick. We have been up ever since. I am ready for a nap LOL Hopefully my weight doesn't go up too much since I have been snacking in order to stay awake.

Hope your little guy is feeling better and you are all getting rest {{hugs}}.

On 8/26/2019 at 9:51 PM, AndyB said:

@Belle, you have inspired me to be creative.  I needed something to help me stick to this long term by focusing on one little thing each week.  

snip

By the way, Belle, I don't know how you come up with all those poems each week.  This took me forever to come up with, and it doesn't even rhyme.  LOL.

This week is about setting an Intention every day.  Today my Intention was to be present in each moment - not multi-tasking, not thinking of the next thing coming up.  I think I did pretty well (not perfect).  That's not an easy one for me.  I'll set a new one tomorrow when I wake up.

Your poem was great!  Not all poem styles rhyme 🙂 Your trip sounds amazing!  Being present in the moment is difficult for me too.  Keep up your intentionality - progress not perfection.

@winewanderer Welcome home!  Diana, I think I like smaller ships too.

• Like 1

Hope everyone is having a great week! I've changed my mind for dinner tonight three times already. Just heading out to the grocery store now. Hopefully I don't change my mind again. And just wanted to add that I actually wore those shorts yesterday - no muffin top. Yay!!

JessandLevi - hope your son is back on a regular sleep schedule!

AndyB - great poem! 

Diana - Welcome back, sounds like you had fun. 

Belle - I've also noticed that junk food is always so much cheaper than healthy food... It's really not fair. I almost never buy organic.. just can't afford it.

pacruise804 - You can accomplish a lot in 19 days! I'm rooting for you!

• Like 1