Multiple Entree’s gone from UDP

JoeFan

12 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

How is this any different? People pay extra, to be disadvantaged? 

I couldn’t eat two entrees and wouldn’t order two, but I don’t see the logic.

I don't see the logic in your post. You won't pay extra for free food. But if the food isn't free past on entree, of course you'll pay for the second.

My wife and will often order an extra entree as an appetizer because there was something we wanted to try together as well as a main dish to eat on our own. Did this in Giovanni’s one night, no issue.

If this changes it’s honestly a minor issue for us, we still like the flexibility to eat most anywhere without having to worry about cost after the fact. The food is plenty and multiple appetizers works fine if you’re super hungry (or desserts, why not? You’re on vacation!)

Guest BigRoger

On jewel right now.... had no trouble both ordering an entree and a further gamberetti for the middle to share.... they never blinked.... 

indeed in chops and giovannis service has been so good that they have offered us more when we ordered if we wanted it... ‘to try’.....

On 8/23/2019 at 11:44 PM, JupiterTwo said:

I think that many people view cruising as their luxury vacation. As a luxury, they are offered meal choices that they would not ordinarily get at home. Therefore, they want to try a little bit of a lot of things while they are on a cruise ship. Specialty restaurants up the ante over the MDR, and tasting several upscale dishes fulfills the same luxury experience.

Being on a cruise ship increases this desire over land-based luxury hotels because you can't just grab a cab and go anywhere else in town, or go to one place cocktails and appetizers, another for the main course, and a third for dessert.

On the topic of restaurant hopping, do people who want multiple entrees really eat one to completion before ordering a second one, or do they want both together and they go bath and forth between them? Asking for a second seating at a specialty restaurant for the second entrée would likely not be the ideal way people wish to eat their dinners.

My 2 cents...

Steve

In that case, offer tasting portions.

Same dish, but smaller portion to try

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 2:06 PM, BigRoger said:

On jewel right now.... had no trouble both ordering an entree and a further gamberetti for the middle to share.... they never blinked.... 

Was that a pasta dish?

We were told, and have experienced, that the pasta course is not entree, and not limited.  You may have several.

One time, we ordered 3 pastas, and my SO did not get an entree.

we are on board now. Between lunch and dinner there is so much food, we are skipping appetizers. The first lunch, the server at Jamie’s kept bringing food. We were like stop. 

Its TS just the  language. If you advertise something, stick to it. 

The food and service is tops. No complaints. 

Phone customer service says multiple entrees are included.  Social media customer service that they are not and according to an email I received from customer service: "If you would like to order a second entrée in a specialty dining venue, please note that a subsequent cover charge may be incurred at the discretion of our onboard staff."  So Yes, no and maybe.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 10:59 PM, SRF said:

In that case, offer tasting portions.

Same dish, but smaller portion to try

I would love a tasting portion option!

There was a pasta entree that I wanted a very small amount to taste, and the waiter said "primi" pasta.

Edited by Judyrem