Chefs table dining experience and cost

fatcattravel

1 hour ago, Cisterna said:

Hi - I don't know what happened here - I was giving you my impression on the Chef's Table Lumiere - 

We did the Chefs table on Royal Princess with the wine pairing. I believe it was around $115.00 per per person. It was amazing! We had a really fun group - so that made it exceptional. Our group was very talkative and energetic. The Chef actually commented on how much fun we were vs. the group they had the night before.  I witnessed that group   and honestly they seemed boring!  Unfortunately you don't know who you will have in your group - but if you are doing this as a foodie experience it is very good. 

The person who showed all the pictures , was putting in some  information for the Winemasters dinner-  (which is not offered on all ships - but if it is do that also). That's what the tenderloin picture was about!

I think spell check got you. It is Winemakers for those searching for it, and as stated earlier, a totally different dinner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We’re going to try to book it on the Star Princess 10/22 (10-day)...  will try to sign up on day 1 and hope it’s not booked.  Since we don’t know the night (assuming while @ sea) we hope it does not conflict with speciality dining we already booked. I assume it would not be a problem to change reservations for Sabatinis etc.

Just now, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Just curious, where are the Winemaker's Tables?  They are not in the special area with the light curtain in the Allegro dining room?

They are not a specific table or even dining room - they are in whatever room they decide to put them in on each ship!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 8:36 PM, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Just curious, where are the Winemaker's Tables?  They are not in the special area with the light curtain in the Allegro dining room?

We just completed a Royal Princess cruise.  I don't think there was a "winemaker's dinner."  I asked.  However, on the second day of the cruise we had dinner at Sabatini's, and the headwaiter told us about a "Super Tuscan Dinner."  It was held in the Sabatini's space, and, effectively, they closed the room except for people who had signed up.  The cover charge was $60, and the room was full.

The wines were very good.  👍

On 9/21/2019 at 5:37 PM, Cisterna said:

They are not a specific table or even dining room - they are in whatever room they decide to put them in on each ship!

Not true...the Wine Cellar is a separate area of the anytime dining rooms on Royal-class ships for the Winemakers Dinner.

7DE8189B-E328-478D-9125-C8A4FE73C290.jpeg

2CFC39B9-C436-4157-AB1B-0CFCC0532849.jpeg

1 hour ago, XBGuy said:

We just completed a Royal Princess cruise.  I don't think there was a "winemaker's dinner."  I asked.  However, on the second day of the cruise we had dinner at Sabatini's, and the headwaiter told us about a "Super Tuscan Dinner."  It was held in the Sabatini's space, and, effectively, they closed the room except for people who had signed up.  The cover charge was $60, and the room was full.

The wines were very good.  👍

We went to a Winemakers Dinner on the Royal in May & called the DINE line to request it.  I haven’t seen much onboard promotion of it but have enjoyed it each time we’ve sailed the Royal & Regal.

The white wine wasn’t the previous Donnafugata Anthilia but was Attems Pinot Grigio which we enjoyed.

FD90951B-2A92-49DA-AB2B-856B15505F86.jpeg

F77E82E1-8709-4625-9DC9-D05877242BF0.jpeg

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Okraf said:

Probably a daft question, but will the chef accommodate a vegetarian at his table? 

My wife would love to do this, and will try anything, but I'm a bit more limited 🙂

Maybe yes, maybe no.

When we did it several years ago, it was not a problem.

But I have seen posts that people with special requests be it allergies or vegetarian were told they cannot participate.

I would suggest signing up for it ASAP once you have boarded. At some point there will be a meeting to discuss procedures. Bring it up then. They may be more willing to do it for someone already scheduled to participate than doing it for someone when they are selecting who will participate.

On 8/24/2019 at 4:25 PM, geocruiser said:

I have a shellfish allergy, so it looks like a no-go for me on this!!

I agree I have a shellfish and pepper allergy. It is very difficult to find some place special to eat because of the pepper allergy. What makes it worse is that it is all peppers not just the hot and spicy ones.

On 8/23/2019 at 8:54 AM, fatcattravel said:

Wanted to find out if anyone has done the chefs table dining experience on Princess? Thinking about doing it on the Sky Princess. Thanks for your input!

I haven't done it yet on the Sky Princess but will try it on that ship next year.

I've done it three times on the Caribbean Princess, The Regal Princess, and the Royal Princess.

I now sign up on every cruise

VTRT2XE.jpg

XNB0rKR.jpg

X9Dceda.jpg

TdyyGL0.jpg

Worth every penny IMHO and what else would one do for three hours?

Howard

• Like 1