Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
NfamslyEngaged

Help choosing a Cruise ship

Recommended Posts

Hello! We recently got engaged and were looking into cruise ship weddings. We saw some reviews but really can’t decide on a certain one.We have a big family (more sailing that not) that will be attending. We cut out Carnival because the reviews plus it looks crowded..can anyone that has experience with cruise ship weddings help?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:05 PM, NfamslyEngaged said:

Hello! We recently got engaged and were looking into cruise ship weddings. We saw some reviews but really can’t decide on a certain one.We have a big family (more sailing that not) that will be attending. We cut out Carnival because the reviews plus it looks crowded..can anyone that has experience with cruise ship weddings help?!

 

Hello.

 

We are in the process of planning our wedding in April on the Independence of the Seas.

So far the wedding planner has been very helpful and things are going along very smoothly.....but there is still a lot of time left!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

 

It's been a while since you posted this topic so I'm not sure if you're still trying to decide which cruise line but I figured I'd go through what my consideration factors were. 

 

First- we picked a line. Do you have a preference or status with someone already? I grew up cruising Celebrity/Princess/RCCL so that swayed my choice. Do you want to get married at sea or at a port of call? Do you want the wedding to be legal or symbolic? We wanted a legal at sea wedding and were partial to RCCL so that is why we chose them.

 

Second we picked a ship. I first did this by choosing the date I wanted- I then called the cruise planners and confirmed which ships had the date I wanted available. From where it came down to a features vs. benefits analysis. We had a younger crowd sailing so we wanted a ship that had a lot of different activities which also swayed us towards RCCL as opposed to Princess who is more traditional (IMO). When it came down to it, we went with the Liberty of the Seas because it had a lot of the "fun" attractions like water slides, the flowrider, mini golf, ice skating, the rock wall etc. and had recently been renovated. It was half the cost but still had many of the same features as the larger ships (ie: oasis/allure/etc,). Our group was very budget conscience so that ended up being how we decided. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 1:54 PM, jdaley90 said:

Hello!

 

It's been a while since you posted this topic so I'm not sure if you're still trying to decide which cruise line but I figured I'd go through what my consideration factors were. 

 

First- we picked a line. Do you have a preference or status with someone already? I grew up cruising Celebrity/Princess/RCCL so that swayed my choice. Do you want to get married at sea or at a port of call? Do you want the wedding to be legal or symbolic? We wanted a legal at sea wedding and were partial to RCCL so that is why we chose them.

 

Second we picked a ship. I first did this by choosing the date I wanted- I then called the cruise planners and confirmed which ships had the date I wanted available. From where it came down to a features vs. benefits analysis. We had a younger crowd sailing so we wanted a ship that had a lot of different activities which also swayed us towards RCCL as opposed to Princess who is more traditional (IMO). When it came down to it, we went with the Liberty of the Seas because it had a lot of the "fun" attractions like water slides, the flowrider, mini golf, ice skating, the rock wall etc. and had recently been renovated. It was half the cost but still had many of the same features as the larger ships (ie: oasis/allure/etc,). Our group was very budget conscience so that ended up being how we decided. 

We are in the same "boat" we decided on a low-key cheaper cruise (4-Days) for the wedding (at sea).  We are only have 10 or 11 guest besides ourselves.  Once we get back to Ft. Lauderdale everyone else is getting off and we are staying on for a B2B (second is 5-Days) with a JS for our honeymoon (wedding cruise we saved money and got a oceanview).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

We are in the same "boat" we decided on a low-key cheaper cruise (4-Days) for the wedding (at sea).  We are only have 10 or 11 guest besides ourselves.  Once we get back to Ft. Lauderdale everyone else is getting off and we are staying on for a B2B (second is 5-Days) with a JS for our honeymoon (wedding cruise we saved money and got a oceanview).

 

 That sounds amazing!!! I hope you have an incredible time! I wrote up a pretty detailed "blog" about my experience in a separate thread if you have any questions leading up to the big day on the planning process, save the dates, how things work day of, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jdaley90 said:

 That sounds amazing!!! I hope you have an incredible time! I wrote up a pretty detailed "blog" about my experience in a separate thread if you have any questions leading up to the big day on the planning process, save the dates, how things work day of, etc. 

Yes, I read your blog and thought it was amazing!  Very nice pics too!

How much did it cost and how many guest did you have?

When do you meet with the coordinator on the ship?

 

Thank you so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...