Club class dining - guests?

haven001

26 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Maybe you did not ask LOUD enough, Captain T.  Otherwise, perhaps you might have been allowed in. 

LOL (couldn't resist).   Yours truly from Ontario.

Hi Mr.G

You got me again 😁😁 it’s ok but you know what’s coming know. I can’t stop laughing.

Your Pal,

0B8DC497-FE7D-40BE-92BC-A9E7A659F469.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We were sent to CC dining room on our last Regal cruise when the wait was long for the Anytime MDR. No extra $$ required. 

CC is a small section of the larger dining room. Were you sent to this small section or just to the larger part which does not have Club Class service? If you entered on the starboard side, it was indeed the Club Class area. If you entered on the port side it was not.

Yes, that was my question,  if could be the poster was able to enjoy club class. But the larger,  noisier portion of the Concerto Dinning room (in the case of the Regal) is not actually Club Class.  I can see passengers being directed there at Peak times.  

As caribill states the CC area is on the Right side,  As you enter the dining room, near  the windows.   It has more wait staff, service is fast and offers usually 2 specials not on the menu.   It is small and does fill up, while the rest of the dinning room is much larger.  

14 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Gee, do we have enough "NO's" here yet to call it?  <bangs gavel>   The NO's have it!!

Apparently there is always room for another "No" if you want to build up your post counts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

CC is a small section of the larger dining room. Were you sent to this small section or just to the larger part which does not have Club Class service? If you entered on the starboard side, it was indeed the Club Class area. If you entered on the port side it was not.

I don't recall which side we entered, but we had a table for 2 beside a window and the hostess who led us there said we were being seated in CC.  I didn't argue with her. 

And a tangent, you can't show up late for Club Class dining either. I saw a man get there right as the dining room was closing. The hostess allowed him in to see if his family was already in there. They weren't. He went back outside to wait for them. By the time they showed up, it was about 5 minutes after the dining room closed for breakfast. He pitched a fit with the hostess, but they ended up walking away.

Actually we have had to receive a buzzer in Club Class on one occasion. Not a big deal, just went to the buffet instead. I think Club Class needs to make sure it is handled just as it is now. If they let someone bring guests soon it would be so full that it would be like dining in the regular dining room and then it would not be cost effective for the passengers or the cruise line.

So much food on the cruise ship, you can eat just about anyplace and have a wonderful meal. We enjoy Club Class when we get a cabin we really want and it is included. But if our friends travel with us we all get the same category room so that we can eat in whatever area we are suppose to dine in.

45 minutes ago, geoherb said:

And a tangent, you can't show up late for Club Class dining either. I saw a man get there right as the dining room was closing. The hostess allowed him in to see if his family was already in there. They weren't. He went back outside to wait for them. By the time they showed up, it was about 5 minutes after the dining room closed for breakfast. He pitched a fit with the hostess, but they ended up walking away.

Sounds like the guy was taking out his frustration with his late family members on the hostess.  Not nice.