Nassau day pass experience? Breezes or others?

sallybrown2012

There are a number of resorts on Nassau that offer day passes - has anyone been to Breezes?  Do you know if the use of boats/paddleboards, etc. is included?  It's hard to tell from the website.  How was the food?  If you've been to any of the resorts on Nassau please let me know how you liked it.  Thanks!

We used one of the Hobie cats when we went to Breezes.  It's been a couple of years though, so things may have changed.  The food was fine.  There's a buffet indoors and also a grill by the pool.

Edited by CruisinCrow

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2019 at 1:12 PM, CruisinCrow said:

If you're still thinking about Breezes, we'll be there on Saturday.  I can let you know for sure about the watersports inclusions. 

I would love to hear your thoughts on Breezes as I'm going to be there on 9/24/19.

On 9/13/2019 at 4:11 PM, BeachDiva101 said:

I would love to hear your thoughts on Breezes as I'm going to be there on 9/24/19.

We just got back yesterday.  I'll post some pictures once I get them all sorted.  The resort is definitely ready for some updating but we had a nice day there.  The pool bartenders are great.  Ask them to make you a Sky Juice, it's a traditional Bahamian drink with coconut water.  When we first got there, the pool umbrellas were not set up yet but we asked at the towel hut and they set one up for us.  For lunch there is an indoor buffet and an outdoor grill where you can get burgers and conch fritters.  The beach is beautiful and there are several hammocks.  Non-motorized watersports (sailboats, paddle boats and kayaks) are included but they were not running when we were there because of the wind.  Just be aware that availability is dependent on the weather.  The activity staff had activities going most of the day, such as beach Olympics, water balloon toss and Caribbean dance lessons.  There are changing rooms to use before you leave, if you want.

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

We just got back yesterday.  I'll post some pictures once I get them all sorted.  The resort is definitely ready for some updating but we had a nice day there.  The pool bartenders are great.  Ask them to make you a Sky Juice, it's a traditional Bahamian drink with coconut water.  When we first got there, the pool umbrellas were not set up yet but we asked at the towel hut and they set one up for us.  For lunch there is an indoor buffet and an outdoor grill where you can get burgers and conch fritters.  The beach is beautiful and there are several hammocks.  Non-motorized watersports (sailboats, paddle boats and kayaks) are included but they were not running when we were there because of the wind.  Just be aware that availability is dependent on the weather.  The activity staff had activities going most of the day, such as beach Olympics, water balloon toss and Caribbean dance lessons.  There are changing rooms to use before you leave, if you want.

Enjoy!

Thank you for your response.  One question - do they have umbrellas down on the beach with lounge chairs??  That's where I want to be, but I need shade.   Glad you liked the beach.  Thanks again. 

Edited by BeachDiva101

12 hours ago, BeachDiva101 said:

Thank you for your response.  One question - do they have umbrellas down on the beach with lounge chairs??  That's where I want to be, but I need shade.   Glad you liked the beach.  Thanks again. 

Yes, there are umbrellas on the beach.  If you can't find one available, just ask at the towel hut and they will set one up for you.

13 hours ago, hannibal54 said:

It has been a few years since we did a day pass there, what is the price per adult?

$100 per person, booked through Island Marketing: 

https://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/excursions/nassau-inclusive-resort-day-pass/

Edited by CruisinCrow

17 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

$100 per person, booked through Island Marketing: 

https://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/excursions/nassau-inclusive-resort-day-pass/

Thank you. As I had said we did this day pass a few years back. It seems the price with up a little. Even back then when we were there it needed an update.

3 hours ago, hannibal54 said:

Thank you. As I had said we did this day pass a few years back. It seems the price with up a little. Even back then when we were there it needed an update.

Yes, I think we paid $65 the last time we were there.  All the day passes have gone up though.  RIU is $120 now and Melia is $140.  

I think Warwick is the cheapest at $95.  We haven't tried that one yet since it's on the harbor and not the beach.

12 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

Yes, I think we paid $65 the last time we were there.  All the day passes have gone up though.  RIU is $120 now and Melia is $140.  

I think Warwick is the cheapest at $95.  We haven't tried that one yet since it's on the harbor and not the beach.

I believe we paid about $65.00 when we were there. We have done the RIU, Sandals, British Colonial, Sunset or something like that new Atlantis. I am not sure that I want to pay $280 for the Melia. I will see what the Warwick is.

2 minutes ago, hannibal54 said:

I believe we paid about $65.00 when we were there. We have done the RIU, Sandals, British Colonial, Sunset or something like that new Atlantis. I am not sure that I want to pay $280 for the Melia. I will see what the Warwick is.

I looked up the Warwick, we did the Warwick but at the time it was Sunset or Sunrise or something like that.

6 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

I think it used to be the Holiday Inn Sunspree but I'm not positive.

When we were there it wasn't a Holiday Inn. It was a really run down place that needed a lot of work. However, the beer was cold and the food was good. We tried to make the best of it. Our next trip to Nassau is next month, I am still debating what to do, we have been there so many times. Maybe we will just take the #10 Jitney to the Daq Shack, hit the straw market & go back to the ship.

5 hours ago, gammite said:

Can anyone offer and information about RIU?

Is it nice?  Is it worth the money?   Is Melia better?

The all adult club at RIU interests me alot.  That is why I am leaning that way.

We've been to RIU a few times but not since they became adults-only and updated their pool area.  However, we will be staying there for a long weekend in November so I can let you know more afterwards, if you haven't gone on your cruise by then.

I think RIU is nicer than Breezes.  Just realize it is a hotel, not a resort, with one pool area.  It's not large and there are no watersports.  If you want a quiet day sitting by the pool or on the beach that includes lunch and drinks, it's fine.  The public access to Cabbage Beach is right next to RIU so the beach at RIU will have a lot of people and vendors.  But it's a long beach so you can take a nice walk to get away from the people, if you want.  Cabbage Beach is gorgeous.

We haven't been to Melia for many years (back when it was still Sheraton) so I can't comment on that.

6 hours ago, gammite said:

Can anyone offer and information about RIU?

Is it nice?  Is it worth the money?   Is Melia better?

The all adult club at RIU interests me alot.  That is why I am leaning that way.

Been to both, Melia when it was a Sheraton ($100 for a day room for 4), and RIU before it was updated. We thought the breakfast and lunch buffet was really good at RIU, and it was a calm water day at Cabbage beach, so preferred it over Cable, great for swimming, less shallow.