Taking alcohol on board Britannia when embarking in Barbados

CaelaJ

We are flying to Barbados to embark the Britannia next year. P&O policy says you can take a litre of spirits each on board on embarkation. However, I do not wish to risk putting a bottle in my suitcase onto the plane, will we be allowed to get off the ship and buy a bottle in Barbados port to take back onboard with us before we depart or will they confiscate it as they do once you are at sea/visiting other islands?

As far as I'm aware, the P&O chartered plane taxis directly to the shuttle bus at Barbados, so you don't go into the terminal, but straight to the ship. We've met people from Britannia who had just arrived that way, and we all went for a drink in the port- whether they could take their litre back from there, I don't know, seeing as you will have checked in already.

Perhaps there will be duty free on the plane?

Ask on the P&O UK page- there will be people who've done this cruise. 🙂

10 hours ago, mom says said:

Why would you board the ship and then leave it to buy your booze? There is duty free liquor at the cruise terminal. Just get it there before you board. 

Because as Jocap says I don’t think you go through the duty free when you arrive you go straight onto the ship no chance ti stop off and buy anything. I suppose we could buy on plane but wont be a cheap as in the port. Just wanting to know if anyone had actually got off & bought some & been able to take it back on without confiscation as technically it is your embarkation port