Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

A&L_Ont

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

If they pull into South Florida,  it's over.

She'll go back to PC empty.

That would suck.  I find it hard to believe that they would turn away revenue but stranger things could/would happen. Is your sailing still on for Wednesday?

7 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

The letter is signed #TeamNoSleep.  Tired, but still have a sense of humor. 🙂

I have a suspicion to who was involved in writing it. 🤔

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have a feeling that RC has enough clout to swing with their suppliers that they can accomplish what they want on short notice. If the roads are clear they can send the supplies down the highway a few hours. It will come down to open ports and docking space. 

On a side note if they dock somewhere else they still need to send the guests back by bus to PC. If people can go one way supplies can go another. 

If they count the second leg as a new cruise, can they sail from Miami to PC?

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

That would suck.  I find it hard to believe that they would turn away revenue but stranger things could/would happen. Is your sailing still on for Wednesday?

Email tonight says it is. Also said update tomorrow st 6pm, just like your letter.

Good day to kite surf in CB

20190901_215759.thumb.jpg.2c634c4f5bb7036b45ce1788fda47334.jpg

You ever try that?

Very popular recently 

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

If they count the second leg as a new cruise, can they sail from Miami to PC?

If they can arrive by Wednesday that's enough time to get to Labadee or Cozumel (again). I just don't think it's worth the trouble for RC to make it happen.

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Would we still not need a foreign stop?  I don’t know. Now you have me thinking. Hurry up Dorian. 

I believe you would..they would just bus everyone who didn't want to pay to fly straight home.  Back to PC has to be non-REV.

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Would we still not need a foreign stop?  I don’t know. Now you have me thinking. Hurry up Dorian. 

Here's a scenario.

Drop folks off in Miam on Wednesday 

Sail to Coco Cay for two days.

Market some 'Clean up excursions'. 🤣

Back in Miami on Saturday to drop you off

Ship sails empty to PC

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pratique said:

If they can arrive by Wednesday that's enough time to get to Labadee or Cozumel (again). I just don't think it's worth the trouble for RC to make it happen.

Not far enough away as I understand it

Edited by John&LaLa

I would bet this situation falls under one of the exceptons to the PVSA. 

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

When Rhapsody ended up in PC instead of Tampa last year, they bussed all the folks who would have boarded in Tampa over here. They weren't allowed to go to Tampa and pick them up

Or they could continue the current cruise until the ship is able to dock in Port Canaveral. Even if there are no more passengers still onboard by that point. Bussing thousands of people from PC and Orlando while it is still very windy and rainy with few flights if any happening on Wednesday is not a great scenario. If they were going to have a three night cruise, they might as well just have it go from PC, departing at some point on Thursday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I don't see it listed as an exception but if they don't take on new passengers then it might be considered the same sailing all the way through.

8 minutes ago, Pratique said:

They were already planning on Labadee and they have done it before in the past. I also hate to think about the folks that are headed to the port to get on Wednesday. They might not have been happy before but I’d hate to think about if this happened. 

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Email tonight says it is. Also said update tomorrow st 6pm, just like your letter.

Good day to kite surf in CB

You ever try that?

Very popular recently 

Watched it in Sarasota for years. Sometimes they sat on the beach for hours eating for the wind to pick up for 20 minutes of riding. 

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They would have to visit a distant foreign port.  One of the ABC islands 

That far away?  That’s more than a day each way. Labadee was their initial plan for the the Wednesday to Sunday. 

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Fingers crossed. I’d think if they’d get an exception with this Storm. 

That far away?  That’s more than a day each way. Labadee was their initial plan for the the Wednesday to Sunday.

Fingers crossed. I’d think if they’d get an exception with this Storm. 

That's only if they start and end the cruise at the same U.S. port, unless they are granted a storm diversion waiver. Otherwise I was thinking that they could return to South Florida, drop you off, then head up to PC empty. Which is why I don't think they will go through the hassle of it even if they can re-provision the ship. The trucks will probably be busy re-supplying the supermarkets. Just seems like a lot of logistics. All just speculation anyway....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

That far away?  That’s more than a day each way. Labadee was their initial plan for the the Wednesday to Sunday

Thinking about it further, as long as they did not take on any new passengers it wouldn’t matter if they stopped in Miami and some passengers left and then continued on to PC.  They would need a PVSA exemption for those disembarking in Miami.  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I believe you would..they would just bus everyone who didn't want to pay to fly straight home.  Back to PC has to be non-REV.

Gotcha. Free cruise for everybody. LOL

9 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

They could off load at POM or PE. and do a humanitarian effort to Freeport since the dry dock can accomadate oasis class. 

That would be a great thing to do, if we can’t stay aboard. 

Been quietly reading this thread... To say that I'm jealous of those on board would be an understatement.

Kudos though to the team for clearly being upfront and keeping you informed. Enjoy your extended trip!

Are they repeating shows still? ie: I assume they're fully treating this like any other regular cruise day.

• Like 1