Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

A&L_Ont

20 minutes ago, Pratique said:

The trucks will probably be busy re-supplying the supermarkets. Just seems like a lot of logistics. All just speculation anyway....

The grocery story suppliers would be a different food chain (😉 see what it did there) from the cruise line supplier. Logistics is what their supplier handles. Our business actually has a pandemic and emergency food supply with Sysco.  We always have a 2 week food supply in a local Sysco warehouse that can be delivered on a phone call. Those supplies do have a shelf life. And before they expire they are sold to the open market and our inventory is restocked. We pay an annual fee to have these goods sitting, hopefully to never be used. That is over and above our weekly food orders. 

The grocery store shelves may be empty but in our situation we have food for emergency situations.  I would tend to think the cruise lines would have a comparable deal with whomever their food supplier is. 

But as you sail it really is speculation.  I do love planning though, so I always have a few plans for any situation.  Now already thinking about travel home from Miami. 🤔

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thinking about it further, as long as they did not take on any new passengers it wouldn’t matter if they stopped in Miami and some passengers left and then continued on to PC.  They would need a PVSA exemption for those disembarking in Miami.  

That sounds like an acceptable answer. Otherwise why would they have us pay for an extension cruise in advance if it was not viable.

So in other words those hoping to board in PC can’t drive south and get on the ship, and it was returning to a different port for disembarkation.  

LOL, bridge tour tomorrow.  I’m gonna hold off on peppering them with questions. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

8 minutes ago, ryguy2008 said:

Been quietly reading this thread... To say that I'm jealous of those on board would be an understatement.

Kudos though to the team for clearly being upfront and keeping you informed. Enjoy your extended trip!

Are they repeating shows still? ie: I assume they're fully treating this like any other regular cruise day.

Yes, some shows are being repeated. Different times of the day, but the casts need to practice and be fresh. 

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

So in other words those hoping to board in PC can’t drive south and get on the ship, and it was returning to a different port for disembarkation. 

Think of all the angry calls they would get from people finding out they had to drive to Miami and then would be dropped in PC. lol

Thanks for the food supply explanation. I'm sure the food is sitting near PC waiting for the ship now, since it was originally supposed to be delivered today. It would be interesting to know what contingency plans they have with the suppliers to get it to a different port though.

So speaking of my moon photos from earlier tonight I have to share something I missed at my office this week. I proceed to get the following texts Thursday from my SIL who works for us.

Not sure why interesting things always happen when I’m away. Not sure who these people are who think that they can model on private property?

01B91440-8C57-4318-B037-DD82EF635E54.jpeg.27cae39ec963c5331cd4f32eda1ef72f.jpeg

3FA1970B-4E42-4A8B-A3D7-631393B60EAB.thumb.jpeg.2b480696ef9b1c45447e232781201faf.jpeg

67E37EB1-AB02-4E32-96ED-3C8F16E60B9B.jpeg.f928fff00ccb902d971a2527e53554e5.jpeg

E399CC51-B6CA-4A3B-93B0-85BB171313FA.thumb.jpeg.5cab97c7ddd251a016f6a9a2bee5a99d.jpeg

Well, she had magazines and other sundry items around her.  It’s not exactly a moon shot, as she has more material than some of the suits I've seen on the ship. As I said to my SIL, it’s a good thing the roofers weren’t there Thursday as nothing would have been accomplished. 🤣

On a positive note, there were no reported fender benders from rubber necking drivers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Think of all the angry calls they would get from people finding out they had to drive to Miami and then would be dropped in PC. lol

Thanks for the food supply explanation. I'm sure the food is sitting near PC waiting for the ship now, since it was originally supposed to be delivered today. It would be interesting to know what contingency plans they have with the suppliers to get it to a different port though.

It really is interesting, however some would be bored beyond belief. 

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It really is interesting, however some would be bored beyond belief. 

Not me lol. I've talked to the officers about provisioning the ship. Even though it seems like it would be routine from week-to-week there seems to be a lot of unique planning involved, especially outside of the U.S. They typically put the orders in two weeks ahead and sometimes have to do a lot of shopping around for what they want/need.

The 11 pm update from NHC is not looking good for PC on Wednesday. I think you will be getting a plan C tomorrow. I am curious if the communications you are getting are fleet wide or if the captain has some discretion..

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sure hope not. I’ll take the 50-50 over no second sailing. I think they’d keep those paying on board as we will off set some of the expenses. Not to mention what would the 47 Pinnacles on board say. LOL. Not to mention the 86 that were to board today. 

I’m sure that would make a difference. Lol

Weather Channel at 5am reported Dorian was sitting over Freeport and moving at 1 mph.  Still no turn to north as steering currents not available.  Entire East coast of FL under watch/warning.  John, Laura and Bella are under mandatory evacuation orders if I heard correctly.  Watch/warning is from Palm Beach north and then on to GA, SC, NC.  Only Mother Nature knows where Dorian is going at this point.  WC reported a drop in pressure and thus a slight drop in wind speed.  8am report will be out shortly.

Good morning.... live from the race to nowhere, at a practically slow rate.  

Ship location.

B9C3679F-996B-4258-B9F0-BF266158B02B.thumb.jpeg.b30a6fcf8401807a888d3396fb4670c4.jpeg

Judging by our proximity to Cuba we will becoming residents in the next 15 hours or so. 

23B5B2B0-93F3-4E65-AD41-5D8CF875BC46.thumb.jpeg.4861be48405050ee4f4123b7f0ae27ea.jpeg

Wave heights this morning. We will have smooth seas for a while. 

6D7DA55E-4EDC-485B-827E-4304F2B6D667.thumb.jpeg.c8a6f594b60e4d4b74fc3c65c33a1dd0.jpeg

Also noticed this.  Wednesday doesn’t seem likely. 🤔

8C4D70FC-D76B-4896-A06C-A690B82A1F68.thumb.jpeg.abef29989b596d441deab35857a2b5f1.jpeg

Especially when Dorian appears to be hugging the coast at 2pm on Tuesday.  It sounds as though they need a better part of a day inspect the port area before they can open it.  More so the under water inspection which need to be done in the day time.  Maybe the port will be open later in the day Wednesday?  Just my opinion.

We shall wait and see.

Tuesday we shall throw it to our reporter on the ground @John&LaLa and his trusty side kick Bella. I’m sure she has a cute yellow rain jacket in her wardrobe, right John.

FACB95AE-7D35-40F7-9714-B652C51D7757.thumb.jpeg.297542b3591793d501fba94964983a2a.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, timf2001 said:

It sounds like there's a good chance you could end up in Port Everglades or Miami.

I’d doubt they will pull in to Port Everglades on Wednesday. They’d have to bus many passengers up to Port Canaveral to their cars. Dorian will be off our coast on Wednesday. Barrier island is under mandatory evacuations. Unless they leave guest the option to stay on ship till Port Canaveral is cleared.  They can not start inspections of port & bridges going over to island until storm passes. Royal Caribbean  missed judge this one by not sticking to the original itinerary. I don’t see any way they dock Wednesday even Thursday may be tough depending on port infrastructure inspections. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kidless said:

I’d doubt they will pull in to Port Everglades on Wednesday. They’d have to bus many passengers up to Port Canaveral to their cars. Dorian will be off our coast on Wednesday. Barrier island is under mandatory evacuations. Unless they leave guest the option to stay on ship till Port Canaveral is cleared.  They can not start inspections of port & bridges going over to island until storm passes. Royal Caribbean  missed judge this one by not sticking to the original itinerary. I don’t see any way they dock Wednesday even Thursday may be tough depending on port infrastructure inspections. 

Port Canaveral was closed on Sunday.  Royal did the right thing considering all available information at the time. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Port Canaveral was closed on Sunday.  Royal did the right thing considering all available information at the time. 

Another goof....they closed because of a mandatory evacuation for barrier island on Sunday. The evacuation was pushed off to this morning. The hype created by this storm caused some to call decisions to soon. 

14 minutes ago, kidless said:

... Royal Caribbean  missed judge this one by not sticking to the original itinerary.  ...

It's generally easier and more accurate to make a decision with hindsight.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

They were going with the best information from the National Hurricane Center and their own weather folks that they had at the time.  It has to be a major challenge working all of this out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

1 minute ago, ricka47 said:

They were going with the best information from the National Hurricane Center and their own weather folks that they had at the time.  It has to be a major challenge working all of this out.

I like that they erred on the side of caution.  🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1