Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

A&L_Ont

Just now, mariefisher said:

I am jealous of your extended cruise.  We board Sunday, hopefully! Thank you for sharing your vacation. Can you possibly get me the email for the suite concierge? Enjoy the rest of your trip! Marie

You should be receiving an email from them about 5-6 days out. 

If not, this should be it.  Currently Jeremias and

Mohamed are working the CL. 

HM_Concierge01@rccl.com

Great job, Andrew, and family.  We are all enjoying your exciting voyage and wishing all within Dorian’s path the very best.

While all this is going on Grandeur has been going thru her own issues (see corresponding thread).  But I am home now safe and sound at least for part of the holiday weekend.  

Again, thanks, Andrew for taking the time to keep us all informed!  Katherine

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

It's PVSA for passengers, Jones Act for cargo.  Also, there may be exceptions in the law for emergency situations.

Same result.  But I hope you are right.  This from the web and from RCI:

The Jones Act (also known as the Passenger Services Act) prohibits ships of Non-U.S registry from embarking and debarking guests at two different U.S ports. Such travel would constitute point-to-point transportation between two U.S ports, which is prohibited on foreign flagged ships.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/jones-act

Edited by island lady

1 minute ago, island lady said:

The Jones Act (also known as the Passenger Services Act)  ...

I believe this should read: "The Jones Act (sometimes erroneously known as the Passenger Services Act

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You’ve never seen me run so hard to get a glimpse of juicy melons. 

0AD232A0-115F-4950-A7D7-F7FAEDCB1F1F.thumb.jpeg.51b479cd03697dbbc5e9ebb189986d98.jpeg

I couldn't let this one go without additional comment, but it seems like there should be a rule against quoting something that is 5 pages old.  @Yorkvillain...I need your guidance here.

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I couldn't let this one go without additional comment, but it seems like there should be a rule against quoting something that is 5 pages old.  @Yorkvillain...I need your guidance here.

Bob, I think Andrew would agree that there are no rules when it comes to juicy melons. 🍈 🍈 

Edited by Yorkvillain
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hi Andrew!

I have really appreciated reading your review. Love the pictures (but not too many) and how fast you've responded to questions from other thread-readers. I haven't booked my first cruise yet (soon though) but this is inspiring me to try my hand at this style of report for when I do! Keep up the good work!

Thanks Bob.

If there is further discussions to the Jones Act could you delete it for me. Especially since we talked about it last night on the thread.  Really no need to hash it out any further.

Whatever happens to us on Wednesday or Thursday will be what it is.  It might not even be relevant. Who knows. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Donniss said:

Hi Andrew!

I have really appreciated reading your review. Love the pictures (but not too many) and how fast you've responded to questions from other thread-readers. I haven't booked my first cruise yet (soon though) but this is inspiring me to try my hand at this style of report for when I do! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the nice words. You’ll discover after 30 minutes on the ship if cruising is for you or not. But at least you’re doing good research before you go on your first sailing. I hope you enjoy it.

21 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Bob, I think Andrew would agree that there are no rules when it comes to juicy melons. 🍈 🍈 

I’m good with any photos of fruit, well except for the obvious raisins. Juicy fruit, not dried junk. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Essential for my cheap vodka.

Thats all the storm ships you have. Lord bless you, you’d never survive a blizzard at my house. LOL. 

Too second Lady H, stay safe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current position at the noonish report. 

image.thumb.jpg.f128532a72e79d618df43703019c29cc.jpg

Moving at 8kts there are even freighters passing us. 

ECD51423-2E83-4E97-B379-B6CEA5B3BFB9.thumb.jpeg.f5a1ffbb3175a1a28ad7421b2cd2f1f8.jpeg

Seas are calm and there are a million seats....

E17B7A09-1A38-456C-854A-A4F6D9AB5EA5.thumb.jpeg.4e8ce5aaf3bf3b3ddc7058885e04558b.jpeg

that is unless you are a chair hog. That report coming shortly.  😉

Edited by A&L_Ont

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

It's generally easier and more accurate to make a decision with hindsight.

I would agree and did not say otherwise!!! Obviously I also agree they should err on side of caution. Does not change the fact they may or may not have miscalculated. One does wonder in the end will their mis-judgement and loss of $$$$ affect decision making the next time. Living in the hurricane zone all my life I know how unpredictable these storms can be and also how media tends to hype them. Even under Mandatory Evacuations on our barrier islands many will stay put! 

19 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thats all the storm ships you have. Lord bless you, you’d never survive a blizzard at my house. LOL. 

Too second Lady H, stay safe. 

London snow storms can be epic., I/ we know. Been there, stuck in London hotel. Should have just stayed home, but the sport meeting seem too important to pass up.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kidless said:

I would agree and did not say otherwise!!! Obviously I also agree they should err on side of caution. Does not change the fact they may or may not have miscalculated. One does wonder in the end will their mis-judgement and loss of $$$$ affect decision making the next time. Living in the hurricane zone all my life I know how unpredictable these storms can be and also how media tends to hype them. Even under Mandatory Evacuations on our barrier islands many will stay put! 

The Captain of the Port decides when a port opens and when it closes.  There are different conditions that are announced as a storm approaches.  The cruise lines have to abide by COTP decision.  Royal Caribbean did not have an option to try to bring any ship in early, the Coast Guard had already made their decision.  Norwegian thought they could get one ship in and got as far as Key West and were told to turn back.  Everyone can put blame on the cruise lines as much as they want but in the end, the Coast Guard is calling the shots.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

The Captain of the Port decides when a port opens and when it closes.  There are different conditions that are announced as a storm approaches.  The cruise lines have to abide by COTP decision.  Royal Caribbean did not have an option to try to bring any ship in early, the Coast Guard had already made their decision.  Norwegian thought they could get one ship in and got as far as Key West and were told to turn back.  Everyone can put blame on the cruise lines as much as they want but in the end, the Coast Guard is calling the shots.

Amen.

Did you hear that they sent some of their boats to the Daytona track for safe keeping.

54 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks Bob.

If there is further discussions to the Jones Act could you delete it for me. Especially since we talked about it last night on the thread.  Really no need to hash it out any further.

Whatever happens to us on Wednesday or Thursday will be what it is.  It might not even be relevant. Who knows. 🤷‍♂️

I didn’t bring it up. Lol