Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

A&L_Ont

9 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

Amen.

Did you hear that they sent some of their boats to the Daytona track for safe keeping.

We rode by the speedway this morning and only saw power trucks and tree trimmers. Must be hundreds. One Daytona is also loaded up as is Volusia Mall. Not sure what is in the infield. 

“Ownership has its privileges”, says D+ Member Owen.  And yes, his feet were very clean but whoever was there last left crumbs on the couch. 

LOL, Diamonds Members... can’t take them anywhere. 

785FB82E-9F79-42F2-B11D-3666ACC2738F.thumb.jpeg.3fa6633c41097784db64f9641ca87146.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We rode by the speedway this morning and only saw power trucks and tree trimmers. Must be hundreds. One Daytona is also loaded up as is Volusia Mall. Not sure what is in the infield. 

Very interesting. Thanks for the update. They were interviewing a USCG sailor and he said sending the big boats to Daytona for safety and something else with the smaller craft. All we worry about up here is blizzards and tornadoes. 

Just now, vettprincess said:

All we worry about up here is blizzards and tornadoes. 

Agreed. And Hurricane remnants upon occasion. 

I have a friend who works with Hydro One in Ontario. They should be mustering at different yards with his fellow coworkers getting ready to head to the states any time now. He has worked on the line recovery crews for a three decades. He has shared some interesting stories over the years. One of their biggest convoys was was around 50 trucks. Katrina was one of his most vivid trips. 

8 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

Very interesting. Thanks for the update. They were interviewing a USCG sailor and he said sending the big boats to Daytona for safety and something else with the smaller craft. All we worry about up here is blizzards and tornadoes. 

Maybe the big boats came up to Ponce Inlet and  into the intercostal???

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have a friend who works with Hydro One in Ontario. They should be mustering at different yards with his fellow coworkers getting ready to head to the states any time now. He has worked on the line recovery crews for a three decades. He has shared some interesting stories over the years. One of their biggest convoys was was around 50 trucks. Katrina was one of his most vivid trips. 

Unsung heroes after a hurricane.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Agreed. And Hurricane remnants upon occasion. 

I also had talked to crews lined up in the parking in a mall near me. They were on their way in 2017 to a variety of locations where the 2 hurricanes hit. So glad that there are states that have extra equipment to send for help. We are expecting severe weather here in the city tomorrow night. Maybe a tornado. Time will tell.

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So how many people left the ship already and does the ship feel less crowded  or you really can't tell that?

A fairly full house for iSkate.

Under 400 have left. Not sure how many will depart to today. 

• Like 1

I’m reading your post with interest.  My sister, brother in law and their granddaughter are on the ship with you.  You implied that people have the option to leave today.  Where are you ?  Their car is parked at the port and they need to drive back to NJ when you get back.  Granddaughter’s first day of school is Wednesday, which is not possible for her.  Where are you today?

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

“Ownership has its privileges”, says D+ Member Owen.  And yes, his feet were very clean but whoever was there last left crumbs on the couch. 

LOL, Diamonds Members... can’t take them anywhere. 

785FB82E-9F79-42F2-B11D-3666ACC2738F.thumb.jpeg.3fa6633c41097784db64f9641ca87146.jpeg

This should be captioned Owenship. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, hubbards said:

I’m reading your post with interest.  My sister, brother in law and their granddaughter are on the ship with you.  You implied that people have the option to leave today.  Where are you ?  Their car is parked at the port and they need to drive back to NJ when you get back.  Granddaughter’s first day of school is Wednesday, which is not possible for her.  Where are you today?

I hate to inform you, but we’re actually at sea. It was meant as a joke.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, hubbards said:

I thought so but wasn’t certain:).   Take care and celebrate the positive side of being on the cruise longer.  BTW, I live one hour from London.  Hope you can get a flight back without much delay.  Take care.

Cool, we’re about 30 minutes north of London.

We have flights booked for Sunday of next week. If all goes well we should be staying on board the ship for the short cruise after this one.

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That’s horrible.  Did you move to Grandeur?😂

You'd think. Around 9pm it gets way strong. We suspect they shut the free wifi off then as not much travel planning happens that late.  

Edited by A&L_Ont