Late disembarkation

nanazsun

Please help. I know the last time

we were on board Pursuit in April there was the option of staying on later in the public areas for a small fee. Do any of you know how late we can stay for this charge?  I seem to remember around $30 charge but don’t recall the time associated with that offer. We’ll be on the Pursuit in 12 days. Thanks 

I do not know about the latest time for departure but be aware that this is not allowed at certain ports, Venice and Athens are two off the top of my head, as we enquired about this as we had a late afternoon flight home. 

We were offered a sightseeing tour instead where our luggage would be left on the coach but decided against it as we didn't want to be hot after the excursion before the flight, so just caught a taxi to the airport and hung around instead as we had been to the port before and seen most of sights anyway.

Hopefully someone will come back to you about times soon.

On the Quest this past Wednesday in Tokyo, it was 1:30pm.  You had to disembark by 9:15am latest with everyone else, claim your bags, pass through customs, leave your bags with the port agent or store them in a locker in the terminal, then re-join the ship as a guest until 1:30pm latest. That was the full procedure. 

4 hours ago, nanazsun said:

Please help. I know the last time

we were on board Pursuit in April there was the option of staying on later in the public areas for a small fee. Do any of you know how late we can stay for this charge?  I seem to remember around $30 charge but don’t recall the time associated with that offer. We’ll be on the Pursuit in 12 days. Thanks 

I don't think there is a definitive answer and it's something you'll probably only find out when you are on the ship. My experience is $35 fee and being able to stay on anything from 12.30 to 2.30 depending on the port. You finish in Athens. My experience isn't consistent with Lynnewob's post. It was one of the easier ones and I have stayed on until 2.30pm. 

To be absolutely sure the only way is to ask at Guest Relations when you are on the ship. If you ask early in the cruise they might not be able to give you an immediate answer. You might have to wait a few days. 

Phil 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, scorpio123456 said:

Anyone know if you can have late checkout at Miami’?

Sorry but per Homeland Security/Transportation Safety Administration regulations, an "Extend Your Stay" option cannot be offered at any US port. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I don't think there is a definitive answer and it's something you'll probably only find out when you are on the ship. My experience is $35 fee and being able to stay on anything from 12.30 to 2.30 depending on the port. You finish in Athens. My experience isn't consistent with Lynnewob's post. It was one of the easier ones and I have stayed on until 2.30pm. 

To be absolutely sure the only way is to ask at Guest Relations when you are on the ship. If you ask early in the cruise they might not be able to give you an immediate answer. You might have to wait a few days. 

Phil 

Our experience is the same as Phil's (quoted).

Trish

It was also not permitted in Australia.

Generally it is permitted in Europe unless the next cruise is a charter or there are any marine inspections or sanitation issues requiring derogatory cleans.  The timings depend on the next sailaway time, I have had to disembark as early as 1300. 

I work on two plans for disembarkation day, one with and one without late departure and  confirm the arrangements once I get the onboard answer. 

1 hour ago, uktog said:

It was also not permitted in Australia.

Generally it is permitted in Europe unless the next cruise is a charter or there are any marine inspections or sanitation issues requiring derogatory cleans.  The timings depend on the next sailaway time, I have had to disembark as early as 1300. 

I work on two plans for disembarkation day, one with and one without late departure and  confirm the arrangements once I get the onboard answer. 

San Juan....any idea or expectation?

Thanks.

23 hours ago, uktog said:

Unlikely as it comes into US jurisdiction 

That is what I was wondering, too bad but not a huge issue as our flight is mid afternoon. We will be able to see and find out what happens to other disembarkers between cruises i.e. when we arrive back in SJ after the first cruise.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, nanazsun said:

Thanks for all your help. Since it seems to depend, I think we will just get off the regular time-I was able to find a day-use room in Athens so we can  wander the Plaka and rest before our late flight.

A day room seems like the best plan! 

How does one locate a day room? 

12 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

A day room seems like the best plan! 

How does one locate a day room? 

Azamara arranged one for us as we had booked our Air as well. This was in Montreal when we had completed our TA from Southampton on Quest  in 2016. We also had transport included in the package.

28 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Azamara arranged one for us as we had booked our Air as well. This was in Montreal when we had completed our TA from Southampton on Quest  in 2016. We also had transport included in the package.

Not relevant for the OP who is disembarking in Europe. I've only ever had a day room through the cruiseline if disembarking in the US or Canada with a late flight. With the way Azamara deal with their packages now they will avoid any hotel expense if they can. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden

38 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

You are very fortunate, we have often booked full packages all over the world with Azamara, never had a day room offered.

All they were ever interested in was selling us a final day tour with airport drop off.

Last time I had a day room included was on Celebrity in 2008. Sometimes guests buy cruise through agents and don’t realise the inclusion of a day room is an agent perk. 

Its a weakness of Azamara they don’t consider the flight they’ve put you on in the  timings. I fully understand they have to get you off the ship to do the turnaround but even people with an early afternoon flight are left at the airport around 10 and cannot check-in until about 12. It would be nice if they thought about mini city tours and also if they had an arrangement for day rooms particularly for guests flying back to Europe from USA where flights are typically night flights and there is little to do in Miami when encumbered with luggage. We get a day room through Hilton at the airport in Miami. 

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Last time I had a day room included was on Celebrity in 2008. Sometimes guests buy cruise through agents and don’t realise the inclusion of a day room is an agent perk. 

Its a weakness of Azamara they don’t consider the flight they’ve put you on in the  timings. I fully understand they have to get you off the ship to do the turnaround but even people with an early afternoon flight are left at the airport around 10 and cannot check-in until about 12. It would be nice if they thought about mini city tours and also if they had an arrangement for day rooms particularly for guests flying back to Europe from USA where flights are typically night flights and there is little to do in Miami when encumbered with luggage. We get a day room through Hilton at the airport in Miami. 

The previous Chief Blogging Officer, Bill Leiber worked so hard to garner views about this subject here and also how included flights work and gaining access by Azamara guests to the booking. He was committed to making these aspects part of what they were aspiring to achieve as a premium cruiseline and post it here for all to see. Sadly this is one of the things that has been lost in the new Azamara thinking. Pity.

Wherever possible I DIY. I just don't trust the Azamara offering these days. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, uktog said:

When we left the Quest in Miami 3 years ago we had an evening flight. We took the Azamara HOHO tour plus airport transfer offered by Azamara. It was great. The HOHO bus picked us up from the ship and took us to a shopping mall where all 3 routes stopped. Our luggage was stored in a lock up van for us and we agree a time (from a selection) that we wanted to go to the airport. At the appointed time we went to the van, retreived or luggage and got on the bus to the airport.

• Like 1

This unfortunately is no longer offered.  

It worked well for the flights between 1600-1800 but it was no good for those on the 2000-2200 Europe flights.

Dayroom's are now your only option - the scheduled excursions now get you to the airport around 1230 but you cannot check in for the BA flights until 1400.  I wish they were looking more closely at the flight times as was happening as described by Phil

There is a HOHO tour with airport drop off listed in the Miami excursions for the Journey    5 Nov Cruise, but the timing doesn’t look good - as you say it would drop you off very early.

There’s also a best of Miami tour with Brunch & Airport transfer which looks to be a bit better timing, but still looks like a fairly early drop off.

There is one other option if you have very late flights, but it works only if the ship docks the day before disembarkation.  It’s to book a flight for the last night of the cruise. We did it in Dubai and are doing it back from Rio. We shall have dinner then get changed and walk off the ship with our luggage. We only miss the last night’s show& breakfast, but have no hanging around with luggage.