Laundry Service

My DD, DGD, and I are going on a 4-day sailing on the Inspiration. We will be disembarking and then sailing on the Panorama. I searched and tried to find out about the laundry specials. Has any one sent anything out to be washed and folded using a bag special and if yes, how much was it? We are gold - so no free bags for us. Thanks in advance for the help! 

Hey, hope this is helpful. Carnival has laundry rooms each deck that has cabins. $3.25 each for washer and dryers, I think a buck for detergent. Also an iron and a board. I've used the laundry service a number of times, no problems. And it cuts back on the amount of clothing I packed. They also offer valet service wash and press. Try going to the Carnival web site and do a search, laundry service. It explains prices and other info. Have a great cruise, cheers🍹

It's MUCH cheaper to wash yourself. $3 to wash, $3 to dry. You can fit 6 of those bags Carnival charges $15 for in a single load. So that would be $90 for Carnival to wash or $6 for you to wash. Drop them off on your way to dinner, then switch them over to dry when you're done with dinner. 

Thanks everyone for your responses. I was looking for the bag "special"price. I did read about the machine at the end of each deck but I did not really want to use this method if there was a laundry special. My DD just surprised me with a 4-day cruise and 1-day land before our 7-day and of course I was wondering about laundry specials. She offered to take our laundry to the machines but I have been spoiled with valet laundry on other cruise lines and hoped we could get a few pieces inexpensively done before our 7-day along and my DGD who is leaving to enjoy a week with family. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

It's MUCH cheaper to wash yourself. $3 to wash, $3 to dry. You can fit 6 of those bags Carnival charges $15 for in a single load. So that would be $90 for Carnival to wash or $6 for you to wash. Drop them off on your way to dinner, then switch them over to dry when you're done with dinner. 

We are Platinum and did not do 6 bags in 2 weeks. even it were not free, no way am i doing laundry on vacation

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, fyree39 said:

Oh, Lord have mercy. Please don't drop your laundry in the washer then disappear for a 90 minute meal. You'll find your wet clothes sitting on a table (or worse) if someone is waiting for a machine. Now I know who to blame when the washers and dryers are all sitting filled with clothes, the cycle is complete, and no one around to claim said clothes.

I could agree 100% if we spent 90 minutes in the MDR. However, we're almost always out in less than 45 minutes. We inform our wait staff we don't want some long drawn out meal. That's not for us. We get our appetizers, meals and desserts then we're out of there. We don't sit in the MDR forever like some people do. 

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

I could agree 100% if we spent 90 minutes in the MDR. However, we're almost always out in less than 45 minutes. We inform our wait staff we don't want some long drawn out meal. That's not for us. We get our appetizers, meals and desserts then we're out of there. We don't sit in the MDR forever like some people do. 

How do you get the wait staff in the MDR to "speed up" just for you ? Unheard of . . .

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

I can see this happening on a port day, when the MDR isn’t too crowded. However, when a waiter’s (and their team) section is close to fill, they do their best to keep all tables on the same courses at the same time. This makes it a lot easier for them when they are going back to the galley to pick up food, since appetizers are located together, main courses are located together, etc. If a wait team makes special accommodations for one table, it usually results in slower service for other tables in the same section, especially these days with the MDR staff cutbacks. 

8 hours ago, glrounds said:

How do you get the wait staff in the MDR to "speed up" just for you ? Unheard of . . .

It's easy. We do YTD. We go when they open and sit down. We order everything as soon as we sit down. They bring the food out, we eat, and leave. I don't know if we've ever sat in any restaurant on the ship or at home longer than an hour. There's no reason it should take my family longer than an hour to eat a meal. 

6 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

It's easy. We do YTD. We go when they open and sit down. We order everything as soon as we sit down. They bring the food out, we eat, and leave. I don't know if we've ever sat in any restaurant on the ship or at home longer than an hour. There's no reason it should take my family longer than an hour to eat a meal. 

You're obviously confusing the MDR (main dining room) with the YTD (your time dining) service. Altogether different animals. I was responding to your MDR comment and as you can see from the previous poster this will only result in slowing up the whole process for everyone, which is why they wouldn't do it.

Just now, glrounds said:

You're obviously confusing the MDR (main dining room) with the YTD (your time dining) service. Altogether different animals. I was responding to your MDR comment and as you can see from the previous poster this will only result in slowing up the whole process for everyone, which is why they wouldn't do it.

Perhaps so. We always have YTD (your time dining) and eat in the MDR (main dining room). To us, YTD is a "time", not a "place". Hence why it's called your time dining. I guess I'm confused then. 

31 minutes ago, glrounds said:

You're obviously confusing the MDR (main dining room) with the YTD (your time dining) service

Which is served in the MDR, no confusion here. There are 2 MDR one for reserved seating and one for YTD

• Like 1

Linda the Book Lover had asked about the amount of laundry for one bag. As others have stated, if you carefully roll your soiled clothing when placing it in the bag (we've torn a couple while attempting this) you can fit enough in one outgoing to force Carnival to pack it into two for delivery!

laundry.jpg

Edited by chocolate melting cake
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chocolate melting cake said:

Linda the Book Lover had asked about the amount of laundry for one bag. As others have stated, if you carefully roll your soiled clothing when placing it in the bag (we've torn a couple while attempting this) you can fit enough in one outgoing to force Carnival to pack it into two for delivery!

My personal record is one bag out, three bags back😁

Some ships however have switched to plastic bags, which are smaller and hold less than the paper bags.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 11:47 AM, Linda the Book Lover said:

Thanks everyone for your responses. I was looking for the bag "special"price. I did read about the machine at the end of each deck but I did not really want to use this method if there was a laundry special. My DD just surprised me with a 4-day cruise and 1-day land before our 7-day and of course I was wondering about laundry specials. She offered to take our laundry to the machines but I have been spoiled with valet laundry on other cruise lines and hoped we could get a few pieces inexpensively done before our 7-day along and my DGD who is leaving to enjoy a week with family. 

If you change your minds, I would recommend you using the laundry on the first day or two of the seven day cruise.  I know for some it blasphemous to some to do laundry on cruise, but on extended trips, it is sometimes the only way to make the clothes suitcase space work out. Put a load in the washing machine, go get a drink, return and put clothes in a dryer.  If I am a little late and the load is done and someone put my load on a counter so-be-it.  Basic college dorm protocol.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, coevan said:

We usually bring clean clothes on the cruise. 

The OP is first doing a 4 day cruise and then a 1 day stay on land, then following it with a 7 day cruise.  So at a minimum they would need 12 days of cloths with at least one more day for the trip home.  I have done a simliar type trip and there would be no way I could pack that many clean  clothes  for that length of time without incurring exorbitant baggage fees.

Thus my suggestion to the OP that for the second cruise hit the laundry early during the cruise, before they get crowded towards the end of the cruise  (Been there, done that, see above).  It was just a suggestion to the OP, if DD insist on going the do it yourself route.

Edited by gatour
  • Like 1