Windstar Preminum Tequila

suzeshoes

Appalled at the abysmal Tequila selection.  Have contacted Windstar and they say they are "unable to locate" other tequila.  Keep sending queries to the powers that be, but so far no one addressing this.  Shocked that there are premium spirits in all other categories except Tequila.  And no Mezcal??!!!.  Very sad indeed.

That's a strange response.  Now I could see it being the case in parts of Europe where Tequila isn't as much of a "thing," but in the Caribbean they should have no problem provisioning with any number of brands.  I wouldn't expect them to carry 20 different labels, but I'd think there's be a market for a couple more premium brands.  

That said, I think their wine list is fairly abysmal as well.  Mostly plonk--nothing more than mediocre at best.  Given their list I really wish they'd allow us to bring a higher wine allowance on board, even if they want to charge a corkage for every bottle, whether we drink in the cabin or dining room.

The vodka list has nothing I'd consider a super premium label.  

Whoever their beverage manager is doesn't seem to understand their clientele.  I think most of us would gladly pay more for better quality.  

31 minutes ago, suzeshoes said:

Yes, better tequila is readily available.  At least with wine you may bring on a few bottles with labels you prefer....I don't think they will allow this with tequila.  I've asked three times and no one replies.

Three bottles for two people on a 10 day cruise.  A bottle a night at dinner and then...

"Premium Tequila" fits into the same category as 

- "Premium" American Beer

- Bacon flavoured vodka

- "Formal" blue jeans

- "Dress" Running Shoes

- "Formal" baseball caps

- "Fine Dining" Restaurants with pink tablecloths

- "Bottomless salad bowl" at Olive Garden

- "Dress" Polo Shirts

- Clip on ties

- Shirt pocket protectors

- Underwear for the deaf

- Facial piercings

- Tattoos

• Haha 1

In all due respect...….after about 2-3 drinks the quality of the tequila does not matter. Speaking from someone that has been drinking tequila before you were born in Tequila, Mexico. Great tequila is fantastic though.

On 8/27/2019 at 7:35 PM, Donald said:

"Premium Tequila" fits into the same category as 

- "Premium" American Beer

- Bacon flavoured vodka

- "Formal" blue jeans

- "Dress" Running Shoes

- "Formal" baseball caps

- "Fine Dining" Restaurants with pink tablecloths

- "Bottomless salad bowl" at Olive Garden

- "Dress" Polo Shirts

- Clip on ties

- Shirt pocket protectors

- Underwear for the deaf

- Facial piercings

- Tattoos

The list was very entertaining.

Businesses such as a cruise line have contract with outside suppliers. If there is enough demand they will ask the suppliers but they don't want to be stuck with extra bottles (I have no idea for price as I don't drink tequila). Not as much an issue when you have 5ooo passengers on board.

On 9/2/2019 at 6:35 PM, drneal said:

No one checks your bags when you get on the ship and they don't check when you come in from port.

Bring all the Mezcal you like.  

I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss their search. Once we came in with 3 bottles in carry-on and they wanted to take one away.  Had to argue with the hotel manager to keep it. They also search your bag regularly when you come back at end of day.  Best way to bring it in would be to put it in your suitcase. They X-ray the bags but they don’t take it out

On 9/2/2019 at 6:35 PM, drneal said:

No one checks your bags when you get on the ship and they don't check when you come in from port.

Bring all the Mezcal you like.  

When we sailed on the Surf in 2012. all bags went through x-ray getting on the ship in each port.

While they X-Ray your suitcases (and may see you are taking on bottles of wine/liquor/favourite Tequila), this is done remotely from embarkation and as such they don’t make you take it out. So you keep it in your room, pour yourself a drink before heading out and take it to the lounge. Many people do that. They will allow a one bottle of wine per person so that could be in hand baggage.  Cheers.