Dinner Attire for Woemen

carlsbadguy

Usually  nice slacks & top or skirt for women  or dress if  she prefers

No Jacket or tie required for men  nice slacks &  collared shirt for men

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005474533-Is-there-a-dress-code-

many threads on dress codes here  just use the search function top right 😉

3 hours ago, Jancruz said:

I always say think Chicos or J.Jill both have exactly the right clothes..

Jancruz1

I've gotten increasingly fond of J. Jill in the last couple of years.  And not just for travel.  Now that I'm retired the TYPE of clothes I need/want is different.  They're stylish without being 'too young.'  And I feel a little special when I wear some.  I bought this recently:  I not really a poncho. Stitched down the sides.

Image For Linen-Knit Fringed Poncho from JJill

• Like 1

Only comment I'll add is that on our last cruise in August, it was very apparent that many did not follow the dress code in all restaurants.  Examples: GDR - jeans or, sloppy slacks and lumber-jack style shirts for men and women in what would be best referred to as one-step above beach wear - not country club casual or elegant casual resort wear as O's recommends. Jackets for men are optional but my husband feels more comfortable wearing one with an open shirt especially for Speciality restaurants and on past cruises most men did wear them. Hopefully, this cruise was the anomaly.

WestEast;

Just off the Nautica. On every cruise there are individuals that desire to dress as shabbily as possible in every venue. An unfortunate fact of nature. The normalizing factor is supposed to be the venue hostess or maitre de. On the Nautica, in the GDR, we had a wonderful hostess that we have sailed with several times. She stops and turns around cruisers that attempt to undercut the dress codes. Meanwhile, other hostess in the other venues choose to abrogate those responsibilities and ignore the dress codes. I have seen other patrons openly challenge both the hostess and restaurant manager over their decision to not enforce the codes. Slobs will always be slobs, it is up to those personnel to enforce the policies and codes.

On a personal note, I use the mid cruise and end of cruise comment cards to recognize employees, by name,

that provided exceptional service. I also use them to identify employees, by name, that choose to ignore their responsibilities and job functions. When the hostess/ maitre de/restaurant manager choose to allow entry to individuals clearly outside of the dress codes, it goes into the report with those employees listed by name. I believe if this was done more often more of those employees would opt to perform their duties. 

• Like 4

Personally,  I couldn't care less what anyone else wears.

We've only been on 6 Oceania cruises, so I'm not an expert. DH never brings a sports jacket and those men who wear them have been in the minority.

I wear a skirt or dressy pants with a nice blouse. Because I get cold easily, I always have a shawl in my purse.

• Like 1

I try not to judge the attire of others either BUT ... when people are clearly violating the recommended "rules", I do object.  It's easy enough to have casual dress that doesn't have holes in it.  (No, I don't go up to the table to complain.)

On our last Riviera cruise we were surprised when the people at the table next to us in Polo got up to leave and they were wearing jeans with holes in them.  Not more holes than fabric, but still ...not what we expected to see in Polo.

Jackets are generally NOT required, so that isn't a problem.  Even in the specialties and La Reserve, while many gents do have on jackets, many do not.  NOT a problem.

I've quoted this story before (but not here, I don't think).  We shared a table with another couple on the first night in the GDR a few years ago.  The other gentleman had on a suit and tie, and he asked about the dress code ...no doubt because he didn't see many men wearing suits and a tie!  So I told him ...

We saw him the next night in one of the specialty restaurants and he no longer had that suit and tie ... yes, he was dressed!  Just not so formally.  I think that night he had a sports jacket and a nice shirt.  (Couldn't see his pants since he was seated at the table ... but I assumed he was wearing same.) 

• Like 3

On 8/24/2019 at 8:33 PM, clo said:

I've gotten increasingly fond of J. Jill in the last couple of years.  And not just for travel.  Now that I'm retired the TYPE of clothes I need/want is different.  They're stylish without being 'too young.'  And I feel a little special when I wear some.  I bought this recently:  I not really a poncho. Stitched down the sides.

Image For Linen-Knit Fringed Poncho from JJill

Perfect Day Wear...

• Like 3

Last November we sailed on Marina in the Med. It was a little chilly at times. I packed mostly wrinkle free,  long sleeve, nice dresses and if it was cold, I wore them over  black nice leggings with booties. It was a dressy but fun, comfortable choice. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORV said:

J Jill stock is up 13% today, must be due to the influencers here. 🤑

Could be because I dropped some major $ there last weekend. 🤑 Went to return some items bought on line that didn’t fit and ended up doubling my spend. I’ve lost weight, but there is some major size inflation going on.

• Like 1

I think for those that want to see what appropriate cruise attire for different restaurant venues looks like:

I recommend going to the Crystal Board and look back at Keith1010 trip reports. His wife, Ann Marie always looks appropriate whether casual or dressy. Just an FYI

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I think for those that want to see what appropriate cruise attire for different restaurant venues looks like:

I recommend going to the Crystal Board and look back at Keith1010 trip reports. His wife, Ann Marie always looks appropriate whether casual or dressy. Just an FYI

I thought  the photos  he took were just great

Plus on the Crystal website  they more or less spell out what is acceptable 

I have always said Oceania should have picture of what is acceptable according to their  guidelines & put 

image.png.3c34374ab70b256bd1fed9c16d2d3d6c.png

Over photos of not acceptable clothing 

• Like 1

OK, not a fashionista, but a basic question.  We received our documents today for an upcoming cruise.  In them, it states no sandals in venues for evening.  Inquiring for my wife, sandals seems to be potentially an ambiguous term.  Photos shown above seem to be sandals to me, but is it really just referring to "beach ware" type sandals or could they possibly turn her away for having open toed/exposed foot shoes?  Forgive my fashion ignorance, but I don't want her to be upset as many of her foot ware choices are "open toed" and what I would consider sandals, yet nowhere in what I would think of as casual. Non-issue?

10 hours ago, buggins0402 said:

Could be because I dropped some major $ there last weekend. 🤑 Went to return some items bought on line that didn’t fit and ended up doubling my spend. I’ve lost weight, but there is some major size inflation going on.

So did I.. shop on line and love getting those packages..

Jancruz1

1 hour ago, ropomo said:

OK, not a fashionista, but a basic question.  We received our documents today for an upcoming cruise.  In them, it states no sandals in venues for evening.  Inquiring for my wife, sandals seems to be potentially an ambiguous term.  Photos shown above seem to be sandals to me, but is it really just referring to "beach ware" type sandals or could they possibly turn her away for having open toed/exposed foot shoes?  Forgive my fashion ignorance, but I don't want her to be upset as many of her foot ware choices are "open toed" and what I would consider sandals, yet nowhere in what I would think of as casual. Non-issue?

Non issue. As you guessed, the unacceptable sandals are beach wear, especially flip flops. Dress sandals are fine. 

Donna

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ropomo said:

no beach type

dress sandals  are just fine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

no beach type

dress sandals  are just fine

It's always nice to see succinct and accurate answers to a poste'rs inquiry.  Thank you Lynn and Toranut97.  This discussion on the Regent Board went on and on and on with pictures of dress sandals and discussions on the various types of and names for sandals.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 1985rz1 said:

It's always nice to see succinct and accurate answers to a poste'rs inquiry.  Thank you Lynn and Toranut97.  This discussion on the Regent Board went on and on and on with pictures of dress sandals and discussions on the various types of and names for sandals.

LOL

Oh we have been down that route on this forum as  well 😁