Ships with Princess Live!

Coffeeluvr05

Those of you who have cruises on a ship with the princess live venue:

is trivia only offered in princess live or live or is it still done in one of the lounges? 

We really like kicking back in one of the lounges in a comfy spot to do trivia or watch some of the other on board activities and the princess live venue does not look inviting or very comfy at all. I don’t see myself wanting to spend time in there. 

31 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Those of you who have cruises on a ship with the princess live venue:

is trivia only offered in princess live or live or is it still done in one of the lounges? 

We really like kicking back in one of the lounges in a comfy spot to do trivia or watch some of the other on board activities and the princess live venue does not look inviting or very comfy at all. I don’t see myself wanting to spend time in there. 

The Regal does Trivia in Princess Live. Sorry, don’t remember if they have it anywhere else on board. (We will be boarding her again on the 28th in the Baltic) so can get back to you.  We do however enjoy events in the Explorers Lounge more. 

• Like 1

On the Epic Royal South America repositioning cruise morning trivia was in Club 6 and evening was in Princess Live. Maybe a time or 2 or 3 evening was in the Vista Lounge in the aft.   Club 6 is a bit awkward and I am not a fan of Princess Live, BRING BACK THE EXPLORERS LOUNGE AND CLUB "CON"FUSION.

Edited by hpeabody
  • Like 1

Princess Live is a misguided and poorly thought out idea that is only on Royal Class ships. Trivia on the Royal was held in three venues, Princess Live, Vista Lounge and Club 6. None of these venues work well for trivia and Princess Live is the worst. Assume that the Regal does the same. I don't know about the Majestic, since it does not have a Club 6 area.

Princess Live on these ships is the most passenger unfriendly, uncomfortable  and least useful lounge I have seen on any ship. Maybe the Sky and Enchanted will have a reconfigured Princess Live area. We will see once the ships sail.

The deck plans for the Sky and Enchanted are on the website.  Unfortunately Princess Live! still exists.  We find it to be most uncomfortable and avoid it like the plague.  Someone at Princess is obviously enamored with it as it survives on royal class ships.  

I also noticed that Club 6 has been replaced by Take Five.  I am not sure if it will host the disco but I sorely miss Skywalkers both for the late night disco and the 180 views.  On the Enchanted the wine bar Vines is replaced by the Salty Dog Gastropub which is a step in the wrong direction IMO.  

14 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

The deck plans for the Sky and Enchanted are on the website.  Unfortunately Princess Live! still exists.  We find it to be most uncomfortable and avoid it like the plague.  Someone at Princess is obviously enamored with it as it survives on royal class ships.  

I also noticed that Club 6 has been replaced by Take Five.  I am not sure if it will host the disco but I sorely miss Skywalkers both for the late night disco and the 180 views.  On the Enchanted the wine bar Vines is replaced by the Salty Dog Gastropub which is a step in the wrong direction IMO.  

I miss sky walkers too....loved being able to sit inside and see the beautiful views from up top and a bar. 

Princess Live! seems to have been designed to be like a classroom--no idea why since they don't do lectures in there, but things like trivia involving teams.  It's extremely awkward for that, unlike Explorers on the older ships where teams can easily collaborate around a table.  FWIW, some of the newer Celebrity ships have a similar space (on Eclipse, etc) and they used it appropriately for lectures.