Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Cya@Sea

Uber or Taxi from Fort Lauderdale airport?

Recommended Posts

Trying to figure out which is better? Uber or Taxi from FLL airport to Hilton Marina on 17th? Thank you for any help you can offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taxi stands are near most exits, Uber can only pick up in one location, between terminals. Uber is cheaper, but you'll have to get to the pick-up point. If you don't feel like walking, a taxi is the way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CineGraphic said:

Taxi stands are near most exits, Uber can only pick up in one location, between terminals. Uber is cheaper, but you'll have to get to the pick-up point. If you don't feel like walking, a taxi is the way to go.

Thank you so much. Think we will do the taxi, after doing a red-eye flight. I won't want to wander around to find location for Uber pickup. Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the hotel offer a shuttle?  We stay at 17th Street hotels, and always just call them for their shuttle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Likely that the hotel has a shuttle.  

If you call they'll give you an answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Does the hotel offer a shuttle?  We stay at 17th Street hotels, and always just call them for their shuttle.

 

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Uber 🙂

Unfortunately the hotel doesn’t have a shuttle. 

 

1 hour ago, thinfool said:

Likely that the hotel has a shuttle.  

If you call they'll give you an answer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely an Uber. Uber isn't too far from where the taxis are. It's worth the very short walk to save money and be in a much cleaner vehicle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

Definitely an Uber. Uber isn't too far from where the taxis are. It's worth the very short walk to save money and be in a much cleaner vehicle. 

Totally agree!  We did taxi once from FLL to hotel.  Our experience was the car windows barely worked, the cab smelled like 100 air fresheners gone bad,  the seats were sticky-dirty and I asked the cabbie one simple question and his reply was offensive.  Ever since we've used Uber/Lyft or hotel shuttles.   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Paulinda said:

Totally agree!  We did taxi once from FLL to hotel.  Our experience was the car windows barely worked, the cab smelled like 100 air fresheners gone bad,  the seats were sticky-dirty and I asked the cabbie one simple question and his reply was offensive.  Ever since we've used Uber/Lyft or hotel shuttles.   

 

 

That is what happened to us in May, the taxi was disgusting. We are flying jetblue and wasn't sure if it would be that bad of a walk to pick up area. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...