“LIVE” From Allure of the Seas 8/25-9/1....Third time’s a charm?

Hi Niksmom 😊 we are neighbors, I’m the decorated door. We are a little bummed out with the itinerary change but beats sailing into a storm. I just finished loosing at the roulette table so it’s back in the CLS for me. See you around the ship and great review so far. Happy safe sailing 🤗

• Like 1

Chris, I had that loading issue briefly yesterday on Safari. I also had a shirt period of time to where it would reload photos from my prior post. Seems OK today. 

Please say say hi to Dexter for us.  He would get a kick out of that. Also, eat a patti for me in Jamaica.  Enjoy you sea day, as we take in our Perfect Day. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

Chris, I had that loading issue briefly yesterday on Safari. I also had a shirt period of time to where it would reload photos from my prior post. Seems OK today. 

Please say say hi to Dexter for us.  He would get a kick out of that. Also, eat a patti for me in Jamaica.  Enjoy you sea day, as we take in our Perfect Day. 

I think I’m back up and running as well. Can’t wait to hear about your day in Cococay. [emoji847] and I will look for Dexter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review, and gorgeous cabin!  Can’t wait to hear more!  We get on the Allure Sunday, assuming it is not postponed due to the hurricane.  I had a question on the Diamond Lounge flyer.  It sounds like the Happy hour will not be in the diamond lounge at all...it will only in Blaze?  Is that correct?  The Allure diamond lounge is my favorite, and was hoping for one last happy hour hoo-rah in it before dry dock.  I’m wondering if this is your cruise specific due to the number of diamond, d plus and pinnacle on your particular cruise., or if it is what we can expect next week, as well..?

That’s what it looks like. [emoji853] Generally don’t visit the D/D+ lounges on oasis class ships because if the interior locations, Allure bring the exception. I’ll try and stop by and inquire this week

Interesting observation at the G muster stations. Both Deck 7 aquatheatre cabins had people sitting on the balcony’s during muster. But none of the other AQ’s were occupied?

891e114c070db66a9e0452d69885d4ca.jpg

b208640a2c166add4a08420f7d39b6d2.jpg

Muster was ridiculously painful yesterday. In addition to it being hotter than Hades, the big screens on either side of the aqua theatre are being replaced, so no video-they instructed guests to watch the video in their stateroom and played the audio only on the silly “spy” video. Of course no one was listening, and pretty confident no one will watch in their cabins, so I can only hope there are a bunch of repeat cruisers on this sailing, or in the event of an actual emergency it would likely be chaos in the G’s

Thinking I will actually note this in my guest survey. They should have just verbally spoken to the correct procedures, like back in the good old days when we lined up outside with our life jackets on [emoji24]

a4f9b81440ec33c59bb9ebbf193c32fb.jpg

Dinner last night at Sabor.... kind of sad these are being phased out. The bacon wrapped jalapeño chicken bites are outstanding. Frankly, wasn’t particularly impressed with Playmakers on symphony. Pretty standard bar food

db442be2974f1c5a8fad5dab06a38058.jpg

5f231ba4092dec3003e18716b16826f6.jpg

ed5c5c47532ddc174181699b4381a35f.jpg

Not pictured is the Cafe Con Leshe dessert, which was also outstanding.

• Like 1

Also of note, or maybe not if this is business as usual on Allure....

If you purchased the Key on Symphony, lunch was in Chops on Deck 8. Recall seeing a very long line on boarding day there. When we were in the boarding area on day 1, they announced the Key’s would be having a “Chops” lunch served in the MDR.

Since we are D+, we would never purchase the key, but this carry on bag drop off benefit would be great, particularly because boarding happens so early

c7704207c6478fff3f12faa9d460285d.jpg

46 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

Dinner last night at Sabor.... kind of sad these are being phased out. The bacon wrapped jalapeño chicken bites are outstanding. Frankly, wasn’t particularly impressed with Playmakers on symphony. Pretty standard bar food

db442be2974f1c5a8fad5dab06a38058.jpg

5f231ba4092dec3003e18716b16826f6.jpg

ed5c5c47532ddc174181699b4381a35f.jpg

Not pictured is the Cafe Con Leshe dessert, which was also outstanding.

I agree about Sabor. Sorry to see it go. El Loco Fresh is ok, but I’d rather have a sit down restaurant than a buffet-style. Obviously they did not ask my opinion. We will have one more Sabor shot on Harmony next summer. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

Breakfast in the Wipe Out Cafe this morning

Nothing beats the unobstructed, ”slide-less” view on Allure emoji3590.png

38392bb149c818866745f5a56a8491fe.jpg

Soon it will look like this 😓

FC57165C-5EC1-49D2-8F28-A554EB131836.jpeg

There are 4 semi private nooks. As of this 10 am this morning, 3 of the 4 are occupied. Not bad for a sea day

512d4b8239b936d6ecdc3e11a18c9c5f.jpg

The problem with these spots is it’s a tad like being in a fish bowl, since your view is of the solarium people looking up

dc1c4a6106d753c3f65dc8c0c677a3a2.jpg

327fb65a761b320884db718290ec1d2d.jpg

Soon it will look like this [emoji29]
FC57165C-5EC1-49D2-8F28-A554EB131836.thumb.jpeg.0e86d7d42e3d0f19e783e66103a7826d.jpeg

Ugh, I know. [emoji20] sad, because the slide really detracts from one of my favorite spots and ship views. The bartender up here told us they would be installing a hot tub up here as well during her renovation.

• Like 2

Just opened Snapchat, to send a note off to my college student (preferred means of communication if you want a timely response) and it appears my location finder and activity portrayed by my bitmoji is accurate [emoji23][emoji24]

425e3d8f5234447007430890e1bcacc4.jpg

• Like 3