Anyone else on Fiji to Bali in April 2020

SWFLAOK

Back in April we were able to get a cabin on  this cruise which is something only done every 3 years. It's a birthday cruise for me, and I was really looking forward to it. While we had to pay a deposit at that time, we have not been able to get any other information since then. We need to book airfare to get to the West Coast, and we have been unable to get PG to give us any information about the pre and post cruise hotels, nor any information about airfare or flights booked through PG cruisesI. Air Fiji has a great sale going on right now, and they're booking through May 31, 2020.

Is there anyone else on this cruise? Do you have airfare, and is it through PG cruises or on your own. I'm thinking this delay has something to do with the change of ownership since we've never had this problem before on 3 other cruises. We'll be on a PG cruise in September, and we're thinking of cancelling our April cruise while we're onboard if they can't confirm our flights and hotels at that time. We want to make other plans if we can't count on our April cruise on Paul Gauguin.

Our TA was calling PG cruises quite a few times per week, and they recently asked her to stop, and promised her that there were blocks of airline ticket booked, as well as pre and post hotel rooms. Not all airline seats are the same, so I really don't want to wait until the last minute Okay,  it's still over 7 months off,  but I'm a worrier. I'll try to be patient, but I might still see what I can find out onboard in a few weeks.

I wonder what you would find out on board as opposed  to the Corp office with the entire admin staff right there  ....I honestly don’t remember how far out we got our tickets confirmed but if it is a big deal, and I get that it is, calmly call the office yourself explain your concerns and ask when they will issue airlines and seating..the Fiji cruise I would assume requires even more logistics including small airlines..or get a different TA who knows the PG and is results oriented  ..good luck..I can’t believe the PG admin staff can’t assist you ..

Our TA contacted us today to say that we should hear something from PG cruises in the next week or so. We were told which airlines we would most like be on, and that the usual pre and post hotels will be the same as expected. Then we'll need to make flight arrangements to the west coast.

On Sunday, we cancelled our flights to SFO on Saturday and rebooked with points for Thursday to avoid TS Dorian in FLL, and added 2 extra days to our California roadtrip to LAX for our Sept 5 flight to Tahiti for our Sept 7 PG cruise. We now have some Jet Blue credits for our flights to California in April. We just need to know our Fiji and Bali flights so we can book our connections from Florida. At least we shouldn't have to worry about hurricanes in April.

This is the one we did two years ago.   We use PG's Business Class which was very nice on Fiji air from LAX to Fiji (full lay down seats) and also Cathay Pacific from Bali to Hong Kong with the long flight to LAX with fully lay down seating.  Both long flights were on new aircraft.  Fiji used to lease 747s and I had picked out our seats in the upper section but they bought new aircraft.  I know you can get from Bali to Sydney on Quantas and thus east.  It may be too soon but have your TA ask or call yourself.