Travel iron

KVoneil

No allowed due to fire hazard.  Your iron will be detected during your luggage scan and confiscated. If found in your hand carry bag, you most likely will have to say good-bye to it there.  If found in your checked luggage, you probably will be able to claim it at disembarkation.

Confirming the ferry-watcher's answer.

And no self-service laundry on Celebrity.

What we do to get travel wrinkles out......

There's a retractable clothes line in your bathroom's shower - pull it from the wall on one side & clip it to its hook on the other side.

Hang shirts etc on hangers on the line, turn the shower on (making sure it's not directed at the clothes), and close the shower curtain.

The wrinkles will steam out in about 10 minutes.

JB :classic_smile:

• Like 4

10 hours ago, John Bull said:

Confirming the ferry-watcher's answer.

And no self-service laundry on Celebrity.

What we do to get travel wrinkles out......

There's a retractable clothes line in your bathroom's shower - pull it from the wall on one side & clip it to its hook on the other side.

Hang shirts etc on hangers on the line, turn the shower on (making sure it's not directed at the clothes), and close the shower curtain.

The wrinkles will steam out in about 10 minutes.

Celebrity S class do not have a clothesline in the shower.  EM

3 hours ago, donaldsc said:

So bring a rope.

DON

Well you certainly could. The problem is is finding 2 sturdy objects at the right height to tie the rope to. We found rope to be unnecessarily bulky and heavy. But household twine, doubled up, plus a couple of magnetic hooks from home Depot (ours are rated to hold 40 lb each) that stick to the cabin walls, would hold nicely.

1 hour ago, mom says said:

Well you certainly could. The problem is is finding 2 sturdy objects at the right height to tie the rope to. We found rope to be unnecessarily bulky and heavy. But household twine, doubled up, plus a couple of magnetic hooks from home Depot (ours are rated to hold 40 lb each) that stick to the cabin walls, would hold nicely.

But would they stick to the walls of a shower cubicle?

Cos bathrooms are usually pre-constructed unitary compartments of plastic or fibreglass

4 hours ago, John Bull said:

But would they stick to the walls of a shower cubicle?

Cos bathrooms are usually pre-constructed unitary compartments of plastic or fibreglass

No, we don't put it IN the shower- too much risk of the clothes getting wet.  We run the line outside. Or if we're  doing laundry in the sink, we'll  run the line in the cabin.

On 8/25/2019 at 8:55 AM, John Bull said:

Not directing the water at the clothes!  That explains why I always felt wet!  😀😀😀

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone suggest Downy Wrinkle Release Spray. That's my standby for travel. One trip  forgot to tighten the cap and put the bottle in a Ziplock bag and it leaked all over my bag. So I used my super-lazy getting-ready-for-work method (because 7:00 a.m. is too early to pull out the iron and ironing board for a last minute touch up). I put on the wrinkled item of clothing, make my hands damp, rub them on the wrinkles, then dry with the hairdryer. Easier then putting up a clothes line, hanging all the clothes in the bathroom, running the shower, then waiting for everything to dry.

On 8/25/2019 at 9:06 AM, KVoneil said:

New to cruising.  Am I allowed to bring a travel iron in my luggage.  Cruising with Celebrity Cruises in November

Suggestion for the wrinkles. Downey wrinkle releaser spray or what we do. Hang the garment or garments in the bath room when you take a hot shower. Keep them separated from one another. Leave them in there for a few hours. No more wrinkles.

29 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Not only is it a safety issue but an electrical load issue.  Imagine everyone turning their irons on right before dinner.

................ and that's the safety risk.

Wiring in the cabins isn't designed to carry a heavy load. 

In theory an overload will trigger a safety circuit-breaker. But if it doesn't ........................... :classic_ohmy: