Travel iron

KVoneil

55 minutes ago, denmarks said:

Downy has a spray that is supposed to release wrinkles.

It's called wrinkle release, but IMO it's more like a wrinkle relax. It depends on the type of fabric and how badly creased it is. Some light wrinkles may disappear. Others may just be a bit less obvious. Using your hands to smooth the fabric while it is damp helps.

43 minutes ago, Kate P.C said:

Not allowed and there is no need.You have laundry facilities that have iron and ironing board.

Incorrect. The OP is sailing on Celebrity. There are no self laundry facilities on any X ship. They can send anything out to be laundered or pressed for a fee.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, mom says said:

Incorrect. The OP is sailing on Celebrity. There are no self laundry facilities on any X ship. They can send anything out to be laundered or pressed for a fee.

Sorry, I didn't know. Princess has laundry facilities and you can also send your clothes to be washed with your cabin steward for a fee. Bu tI k now for a fact that travel irons are not allowed.

On 9/3/2019 at 7:48 PM, littlecruise said:

Bring clothes that do not require ironing. 

This is my method.   Buy prudently.

You can also make your own wrinkle release.  A bit of liquid fabric softener, mixed with water, in a dollar store spray bottle.  

Hanging in the bathroom with the shower running hot also works.

Packing to avoid wrinkles (folds are not wrinkles) helps.  I use Eagle Creek Pack-It for shirts.

On 9/16/2019 at 5:09 AM, SRF said:

This is my method.   Buy prudently.

You can also make your own wrinkle release.  A bit of liquid fabric softener, mixed with water, in a dollar store spray bottle.  

Hanging in the bathroom with the shower running hot also works.

Packing to avoid wrinkles (folds are not wrinkles) helps.  I use Eagle Creek Pack-It for shirts.

I agree on how you pack matters. I tried rolling my clothes, as it was supposed to save space, and that made horribly wrinkled clothing.  I looked at a few YouTube videos on how to pack with making the least wrinkles. One of the best suggestions I saw was to fold as few times as possible, basically just layering clothes on top of each other especially short sleeve tops, maybe with two or three folds (including sleeves). On the first day of our cruise this past June, we hung everything up we wanted the wrinkles out of in the closet and sprayed with the Downy Wrinkle spray and smoothed out the wrinkles. This does dampen them a bit so it was nice to just do it all at once, let it have time to work and dry and be pretty done with wrinkles for the whole trip. I would definitely do this method again. I'll have to try the homemade version when I run out.  Thanks SRF for the tip! 1 little travel bottle of spray is usually more than enough for us, although it is nice to have 2 so we can both do our clothes at once and be done with it! I even use it at home, I hate to iron, but as others said, it depends on how badly the clothing is wrinkled. Happy Cruising to all!

Edited by FunnyPeople
Bad grammer, typo, confusing sentence

On 9/8/2019 at 5:22 PM, dkjretired said:

Not only is it a safety issue but an electrical load issue.  Imagine everyone turning their irons on right before dinner.

I tried to imagine it --- and all that came back was paninis!  😀😀

On 9/22/2019 at 10:15 PM, FunnyPeople said:

I agree on how you pack matters. I tried rolling my clothes, as it was supposed to save space, and that made horribly wrinkled clothing.  I looked at a few YouTube videos on how to pack with making the least wrinkles. One of the best suggestions I saw was to fold as few times as possible, basically just layering clothes on top of each other especially short sleeve tops, maybe with two or three folds (including sleeves). On the first day of our cruise this past June, we hung everything up we wanted the wrinkles out of in the closet and sprayed with the Downy Wrinkle spray and smoothed out the wrinkles. This does dampen them a bit so it was nice to just do it all at once, let it have time to work and dry and be pretty done with wrinkles for the whole trip. I would definitely do this method again. I'll have to try the homemade version when I run out.  Thanks SRF for the tip! 1 little travel bottle of spray is usually more than enough for us, although it is nice to have 2 so we can both do our clothes at once and be done with it! I even use it at home, I hate to iron, but as others said, it depends on how badly the clothing is wrinkled. Happy Cruising to all!

You are weclome.

The Eagle Creek Pack-It both helps you folder your clothes evenly (and 3 folds for shirts), then it keeps them from moving around, and getting wrinkled when things shift.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2019 at 10:48 AM, SRF said:

The Eagle Creek Pack-It both helps you folder your clothes evenly (and 3 folds for shirts), then it keeps them from moving around, and getting wrinkled when things shift.

Will second the recommendation for the Pack-It Garment folder. I used it for dress shirts while travelling in Europe for a couple weeks and it did a great job of minimizing wrinkles despite changing hotels every other day and never getting to fully unpack/hang everything. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 9:41 AM, Ferry_Watcher said:

No allowed due to fire hazard.  Your iron will be detected during your luggage scan and confiscated. If found in your hand carry bag, you most likely will have to say good-bye to it there.  If found in your checked luggage, you probably will be able to claim it at disembarkation.

The biggest danger that any cruiseship faces is fire and so for that reason they will not allow anything that would increase risk a fire to be brought on board.  Irons are forbidden.  They usually do have irons that have met their approval that they will loan passengers to press their clothes or you can send your laundry to be pressed by the staff but this could conceivably be a very pricey option.

1 hour ago, Jana60 said:

They usually do have irons that have met their approval that they will loan passengers to press their clothes or you can send your laundry to be pressed by the staff but this could conceivably be a very pricey option.

The OP was sailing on Celebrity. They do not loan irons. This may be possible on another line that doesn't have guest laundry rooms, but not on all.