Favorite Things to Do in Nassau (without excursions)

jessmarieislove

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2019 at 6:45 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

We were recently at this cruise port and when we came back from day at blue lagoon we walked over to the main street.   I did not like the "vibe" nothing like other Caribbean islands.    I walked into corner souvenir shop for a new tank top while my DH wanted to check out fat Tuesdays bar as his son used to work at fat Tuesday back at home.     When I walked out of the shop I was approached by 2 police officers who asked if I was alone I said No my husband is just down the block they told to Do Not walk alone, either go back to cruise terminal or find him immediately and stay with him.    They really scared me so I found him immediately and he didn't like hearing that so we went back to the ship.     We have future cruises that will be stopping here.   I will either remain on the ship or do another excursion to Blue Lagoon as that beach and island with all the sealife is beautiful!      

I’m surprised about this. I walked alone with a rollator and no one warned me or bothered me. Store keepers were very friendly and helpful. A lot of tourists were out and about shopping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/26/2019 at 12:32 PM, Tapi said:

I’ve been to Nassau more times than I can count over a 25 year span, so for our last cruise that stopped there, I planned on staying on the ship thinking that I’ve seen and done it all. Thankfully, my brother in law convinced the group to get a boat for the day and explore beyond the usual spots. It was, without a doubt, one of the most amazing days I’ve ever had in Nassau. We went to secluded beaches, and went swimming surrounded by turtles. I developed a completely new appreciation for Nassau. Here are some photos: 

E9614DB0-9CC7-4548-A1F2-D2CFE5B28D3C.jpeg

3233B8AE-A20E-44CF-A2E1-65D226498B19.jpeg

77814222-5CF5-493D-9935-16A7D2A3A525.jpeg

7233265E-B20D-40F4-984E-6D2FEC3F0099.jpeg

1AC1CF1D-677F-4DCF-8F57-E9080004DDAB.jpeg

where did you rent the boat from?

.  this would be perfect for our trip in Dec. thanks 

27 minutes ago, mistygr said:

Hi. We used Bay West Adventures. We did the half day private tour. 

Here’s a link to their website.

https://www.baywestadventures.com/our-services

2 hours ago, mistygr said:

I checked into Bay West Adventures. If you do not cancel within 24 hours of departure there is no refund.For me, that's too risky. Any cruise can miss a port for different reasons. For us, we won't book a private tour unless there is a refund guaranteed if the ship doesn't make it to the port.

• Like 1