Bad idea to do iFly on Day 1 Leaving from NJ in December

I'm taking the Anthem in December. Signed up for iFly on Day 1. Is that a bad idea?  From the pictures I've seen, people are waiting outside to get in. Would that mean waiting outside in the snow or cold weather? Can't image that RCL would have people do that. Trying to decide if I move my iFly time to a little later in the week.

Just my opinion, but I would definitely try to move it to later in the week, when you are in a warmer climate.  When we did it, you wore your regular clothes with a jumpsuit type thing over it.  Even with a thick underlayer, I would have been cold in NJ in December.  We sailed Anthem in March of 2017, and our first day sailing down and our last day sailing back were both pretty chilly.  It would only be worse in December.  If you can move it, I would.

Enjoy your cruise!  We loved Anthem so much that we are sailing on Ovation next year!

• Thanks 1

Just now, LibrarianBecky said:

Just my opinion, but I would definitely try to move it to later in the week, when you are in a warmer climate.  When we did it, you wore your regular clothes with a jumpsuit type thing over it.  Even with a thick underlayer, I would have been cold in NJ in December.  We sailed Anthem in March of 2017, and our first day sailing down and our last day sailing back were both pretty chilly.  It would only be worse in December.  If you can move it, I would.

Enjoy your cruise!  We loved Anthem so much that we are sailing on Ovation next year!

Thanks. I think your response is going to be a consistent theme. In my head I can see a blizzard with people on the deck looking unhappy while they wait to get in.

48 minutes ago, chiguypaul said:

From the pictures I've seen, people are waiting outside to get in. 

You will be fine, no real waiting outside, but anyone trying to view/take pics of you outside the tube, might be chilly.

• Thanks 1

The person actually doing the I-Fly is inside getting ready, then outside in the tube. I had no issues doing it in November and January.  My DH was a little cold taking pictures, but all went well.  I figured if for some reason it got cancelled day 1, I still had many days remaining to try to get another slot vs waiting till later in cruise when any cancellation would definitely cause issues.  Just our experience.  Have a great cruise.

• Thanks 1

December could be snowy or simply cool outside.

This was December 2017:

8LvjW2j.jpg

Note what people were wearing.  It wasn't T-shirt weather but it wasn't cold. 

I did it a few days later in the heat.  You go inside to get your jumpsuit on and sit through training.  Once up near the flight chamber I was sweltering hot sitting in the sun in my jumpsuit waiting my turn.  I wished I had done it on a cooler day.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have never had a problem with iFly on the first day.  In April it was really windy but that did not affect flying either.  You are not really out in the weather that long.  They take you out, up a flight of stairs and then you go inside the tube.  I would go with you keeping Day 1 as they do occasionally cancel and you will still have plenty of time to reschedule.  I know we did day one and they the husband and son went back many times to take any place that was not filled.  Drove our genie silly trying to get them extra slots.  You will enjoy the experience.  We love Anthem and will be back on her in November and then we also are going to Alaska on Ovation.