Wellington NZ - shuttle location

roothy123

I'm confused by info I've collected on where the port shuttle takes cruise passengers.  If possible, could someone report where they were dropped/picked up, and how long ago that was?  I think the location is at the Michael Fowler Center, which has a tourist info site (i-SITE) and is about a 5 minute walk to Parliament buildings like the Beehive.  But I've also read something about Lambton Quay, Brandon, etc., so I can't tell if those are all the same basic location or something separate.  Also, if you walk down to town from the rack railway (cable car), where would you likely end up in relation to the shuttle stop?

I'm assuming that all cruise ships dock in the same location, and that the same shuttle and route are used for all cruise lines/ships, but of course, I could be wrong. 

Any help would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, roothy123 said:

I'm confused by info I've collected on where the port shuttle takes cruise passengers.  If possible, could someone report where they were dropped/picked up, and how long ago that was?  I think the location is at the Michael Fowler Center, which has a tourist info site (i-SITE) and is about a 5 minute walk to Parliament buildings like the Beehive.  But I've also read something about Lambton Quay, Brandon, etc., so I can't tell if those are all the same basic location or something separate.  Also, if you walk down to town from the rack railway (cable car), where would you likely end up in relation to the shuttle stop?

I'm assuming that all cruise ships dock in the same location, and that the same shuttle and route are used for all cruise lines/ships, but of course, I could be wrong. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Only small ships will possibly dock elsewhere,  at Queen's Wharf which is closer to the central business district. We didn't use the shuttle as we had booked a ship's excursion. There are two places the shuttle will drop you off. This is from the Wellington NZ website - 

https://www.wellingtonnz.com/discover/plan-trip-to-wellington/travel-to-wellington/visit-by-cruise-ship/

'Cruise shuttles will drop you off at the north end of Lambton Quay, opposite the Beehive, or Wakefield Street, close to the i-site Visitor Information Centre.'

If you walk down from the cable car, the route will take you to the  shuttle stop at the north end of Lambton Quay.

Have you looked at the cable car website?

https://www.wellingtoncablecar.co.nz/English/What-To-Do.html#AttractionsMap

Leigh

• 1 month later...

We are in Wellington from 8am to 5pm on a Friday in December.  We are planning to take the shuttle to the first stop, walk to the cable car entrance, take the cable car to the top, walk down through the botanical gardens and then catch the shuttle to the I-site stop and go through Te Papa.   Does this sound feasible in the hours that we have?  I realize Te Papa is 6 floors and we'll only cover a minute amount but just wondering if the cable car and shuttle stops are planned correctly.  Of course if it's rainy when we arrive then we'll skip the gardens walk and take the tram back down.  

Thanks for any and all advice!  Never been to Wellington before so want to cover as much ground as possible in a short day!