Tour operators at the Santa Barbara port?

Good morning!  Would anyone happen to have any experience with booking wine/brewery/food tours with Operators right at the pier/Visitors centre?  Does anyone know if there actually are Operators that come to the pier to sell their tours?  We will be there October 19, 2019 on Celebrity Eclipse.  Thanks in advance!

We've been to Santa Barbara numerous times over the years,  the last time being this past February as we live in Long Beach and love to take the easy local 4 nighters.  Honestly I do remember there are many local people helping as you walk off the pier but it was raining this last time and it was scaled down.  We've only walked up state street and around when we go so I can't speak to tours.  I would search wine tours Santa Barbara and find out for yourself.  The city does a nice job when a ship is in town.  The Ronald Reagan Ranch museum is just up State Street on the left and makes a fun and interesting stop.

I agree to pre-book something.  SB isn't much of a major cruise port.  So anything that's gonna be available will be "pop up" when the ship is in town.  I was just there two weeks ago for work and stayed near the visitor center.  There was no ship in town and I saw a few sidewalk signs advertising tours. 

Personally, if you are into wine, SB is well known for its wines.  I would find a wine tasting tour and book it.    

• 5 months later...

We were in Santa Barbara a few days prior to our Mexican cruise in January.  That town is pretty upscale and I do not remember seeing much in the way of pop up tour operators.  I think your best bet would be to rent a car and tour around yourself.  They have a great pier Stearns Wharf there that you can drive the car onto.  Also,  down the road is Ventura another lovely pier there.  Lovely beaches and hillside as well.  Loads of thrift stores and antique stores in Santa Barbara.  Also, the lovely Mission.  You can even go to Monticitto.  Have coffee at the Starbucks.  Ophrah might pop by.