Any Disney park from Port Canaveral?

Has anyone gone to Disney from the port? We are arriving on a Tuesday 1st week in December transportation says leaves at 12:30. Interested in doing just Epcot. Can it be done? No kids just me and my husband.Going on the rides is OK but we are interested in walking around the countries too. Thoughts?

Edited by smokeykat

14 minutes ago, smokeykat said:

... transportation says leaves at 12:30. 

Who is providing transportation? 

At what time does the ship dock & when does it leave again?

Epcot only, without the rides, can easily be a half day.

You'll get there around two and leave about seven of so. It's doable but is it worth it. Remember it gets dark about five, and it starts to get cooler about four. You would have to carry some warmer clothes around just in case.

Edited by mets123
Spelling

4+ hours is plenty of time to see the world showcase and go on a few rides, too.  Book fast passes for the rides you would want to do. Nemo doesn't require a fast pass and ends at a really nice aquarium.  Overall epcot can be done in a half day rather easily. Whether it's worth the cost is up to you. 

We are considering using ship transportation to Disney also but going to Disney Springs instead of a park.  There are many new restaurants there and it does not require park admission since it is such a short time there. Also I just saw there will be a new cirque show coming.  Maybe that could work into your time frame. 

6 minutes ago, wildernesslady said:

We are considering using ship transportation to Disney also but going to Disney Springs instead of a park.  There are many new restaurants there and it does not require park admission since it is such a short time there. Also I just saw there will be a new cirque show coming.  Maybe that could work into your time frame. 

Our Anthem cruise has an excursion (I e. Transportation) to Disney Springs, but it is combined with the outlet mall as well so only a couple hours at Disney Springs. Is it easy to take main Disney World transportation excursion and then get yourself to and from Disney Springs from there?

OP  we are on same timing as you. Would love to go to Disney park itself but we'll probably pass as the park tickets are very expensive for the few hours (we're a family of 4,). Can still see you getting a lot done though, especially if rides aren't a priority.

Edited by LuCruise

1 hour ago, snowglobe said:

Who is providing transportation? 

At what time does the ship dock & when does it leave again?

Epcot only, without the rides, can easily be a half day.

Will book the excursion transportation from Royal. The excursion says 12:30 the bus leaves and cruise departs at 9pm

A friend just mentioned Fast Pass. Does anyone know how a fast pass works and if you can get this for one day only? She said it is only available for 3 rides. 2 top ones and another is this correct?

Thanks

Edited by smokeykat

9 minutes ago, smokeykat said:

Will book the excursion transportation from Royal. The excursion says 12:30 the bus leaves and cruise departs at 9pm

A friend just mentioned Fast Pass. Does anyone know how a fast pass works and if you can get this for one day only? She said it is only available for 3 rides. 2 top ones and another is this correct?

Thanks

You are allowed 3 fast pass per day...once those are used you could book 3 more (unlikely to happen in your short time frame as they do not allow overlap). They are booked based upon availability. Usually the popular attractions are hard to get. Soarin and Test Track are two of the most popular ( at this point). The Soarin line tends to move quickly.  Test track has a single rider line, save yourself valuable time by choosing this route. If someone in your party is handicapped, you can get pre-determined times to show up for each ride. Hope this helps.

19 minutes ago, smokeykat said:

Thanks

once you buy your tickets, you can reserve your fast pass (30 days in advance) through my disney experience. have a great time!

Edited by nalatrixie74

I thought they stopped the benefit of giving a time to a family if one person had special needs.....too many people were abusing the system.

Glad to hear it is still an option.

We will be in Disney on a land vacation in 7 weeks.  

Thankful we do not need this service, but glad it can benefit those in need.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by Lionesss

7 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Our Anthem cruise has an excursion (I e. Transportation) to Disney Springs, but it is combined with the outlet mall as well so only a couple hours at Disney Springs. Is it easy to take main Disney World transportation excursion and then get yourself to and from Disney Springs from there?

I’m hoping someone will answer this one! We’d like to go to Disney Spring too on our Oasis sailing but not at all interested in the outlets. Our last NCL cruise had an only Disney Springs excursion, and we enjoyed it very much (so did my credit card company! 😆😆😆).

32 minutes ago, cooncat_mom said:

I’m hoping someone will answer this one! We’d like to go to Disney Spring too on our Oasis sailing but not at all interested in the outlets. Our last NCL cruise had an only Disney Springs excursion, and we enjoyed it very much (so did my credit card company! 😆😆😆).

It is a very close distance...less than 5 miles from the Outlets to Disney Springs. Take an Uber or Lyft for a couple bucks.

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I thought they stopped the benefit of giving a time to a family if one person had special needs.....too many people were abusing the system.

Glad to hear it is still an option.

We will be in Disney on a land vacation in 7 weeks.  

Thankful we do not need this service, but glad it can benefit those in need.

Thanks for the info.

You will have to register for it at one of the customer service kiosks in the park. They can go ahead and book times for your rides if you know your schedule. 

I did this a few years ago while sailing on the Anthem and had a blast. I think we had about 6 hours at the park. I used the RCCL transportation. We went to MK for the day and had a fun laid back day.  This was around Thanksgiving so the park was decorated with Christmas lights and decor.  We strolled thru the park at leisure and rode the easy to get on rides. Went to all our favorite snack places for a Dole Whip, mickey bar, Waffle with nutella and fruit, etc.  One of the best one day excursions I've had. If you're into Disney I would do it. It's a $150+ excursion that's pricey but to spend the day with the Mouse, "PRICELESS". Now that I think about it, I've spent more than $150 for an excursion that lasted about 2 hours.  So a 4+ hour excursion is worth it to me. 

If it's your first time to Disney, I don't think I would do it.  You will be overwhelmed and frustrated.  If you're familiar with Disney I would go for it. 

8 hours ago, rolloman said:

You are allowed 3 fast pass per day...once those are used you could book 3 more (unlikely to happen in your short time frame as they do not allow overlap). They are booked based upon availability. Usually the popular attractions are hard to get. Soarin and Test Track are two of the most popular ( at this point). The Soarin line tends to move quickly.  Test track has a single rider line, save yourself valuable time by choosing this route. If someone in your party is handicapped, you can get pre-determined times to show up for each ride. Hope this helps.

You are allowed 3 fast passes but only one can be for a tier 1 attraction.  Believe Soarin and Test Track are both tier 1's.  Once you use your 3 fast passes you can book an additional one on Disney app subject to availability.  Use that one, book another one, keep repeating process.  Singles line is also great option.  Check Disney web site for details.

10 hours ago, smokeykat said:

We are arriving on a Tuesday 1st week in December transportation says leaves at 12:30. Interested in doing just Epcot. we are interested in walking around the countries too. Thoughts?

Know that Disney is redesigning Epcot and things are closing.

See this link for a short list of soon-to-close areas (before your arrival date).

Many Restaurants and Shops Set to Close for Epcot Redesign

I'm sure a search will turn up more.

Steve

58 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

You are allowed 3 fast passes but only one can be for a tier 1 attraction.  

Sorry this is just not true ( tier 1 attractions???).  There are certain rides which do not offer fast passes such as Avatar, Slinky Dog. Other than these restricted rides, if a ride is on the available list and you have no other fast pass booked at the same time, it is open as a choice.

From the Disney World Web Site:

FastPass+ – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.

What is Disney FastPass+ service and how does it work?

A.

Disney FastPass+ service allows you to reserve access to select Walt Disney World theme park attractions, entertainment and Character Greetings in advance. There is no additional cost to use FastPass+ service―it is included with your theme park admission.

You can begin making your FastPass+ selections at 7:00 AM Eastern Time up to 30 days in advance of your visit. If you are staying at a Disney Resort hotel, you can make your FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in for the entire length of your stay. Please be aware that if you cancel your Disney Resort hotel reservation, any FastPass+ selections that were booked more than 30 days prior to your planned arrival are subject to cancellation.

Once you’ve registered online and linked your park admission, you can select from a list of experiences and times for your designated party. At the park, check in at FastPass+ entrances during the indicated time, with little or no wait. FastPass+ selections may also be made same-day at a FastPass+ kiosk in the theme park or using the My Disney Experience mobile app, depending on availability.

For a single theme park per day, you can make up to 3 FastPass+ selections in advance either online or using the mobile app and you may change or cancel your selections any time. You can also get assistance from the Lobby Concierge at your Walt Disney World Resort hotel or at a FastPass+ kiosk in any of the parks.

Note that kiosks allow FastPass+ selections only for the park where the kiosk is located, but you can view and cancel any of your FastPass+ selections, regardless of location.

Once you redeem your initial set of FastPass+ selections (or the last arrival window has passed), you can make another FastPass+ selection for the same day at an in-park kiosk or on your mobile device, up to park closing. After you redeem the additional FastPass+ pick, you can return to a kiosk to make more selections (one at a time), subject to availability.

If your ticket includes a Park Hopper Option, after you use your initial FastPass+ selections at the first park, you’ll be able to make additional FastPass+ selections (one at a time) at a kiosk or using the mobile app at the second park you visit that day, up to park closing.

For a greater range of choices, we recommend you make FastPass+ selections early. If you prefer to be spontaneous, all attractions and Character Greetings provide standby entrances so you can decide as you go.

Valid theme park admission required. FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make and available arrival windows are limited. Certain MyMagic+ features and benefits require online registration.

Edited by rolloman

47 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Sorry this is just not true ( tier 1 attractions???).  There are certain rides which do not offer fast passes such as Avatar, Slinky Dog. Other than these restricted rides, if a ride is on the available list and you have no other fast pass booked at the same time, it is open as a choice.

FastPass+ – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.

What is Disney FastPass+ service and how does it work?

A.

Disney FastPass+ service allows you to reserve access to select Walt Disney World theme park attractions, entertainment and Character Greetings in advance. There is no additional cost to use FastPass+ service―it is included with your theme park admission.

You can begin making your FastPass+ selections at 7:00 AM Eastern Time up to 30 days in advance of your visit. If you are staying at a Disney Resort hotel, you can make your FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in for the entire length of your stay. Please be aware that if you cancel your Disney Resort hotel reservation, any FastPass+ selections that were booked more than 30 days prior to your planned arrival are subject to cancellation.

Once you’ve registered online and linked your park admission, you can select from a list of experiences and times for your designated party. At the park, check in at FastPass+ entrances during the indicated time, with little or no wait. FastPass+ selections may also be made same-day at a FastPass+ kiosk in the theme park or using the My Disney Experience mobile app, depending on availability.

For a single theme park per day, you can make up to 3 FastPass+ selections in advance either online or using the mobile app and you may change or cancel your selections any time. You can also get assistance from the Lobby Concierge at your Walt Disney World Resort hotel or at a FastPass+ kiosk in any of the parks.

Note that kiosks allow FastPass+ selections only for the park where the kiosk is located, but you can view and cancel any of your FastPass+ selections, regardless of location.

Once you redeem your initial set of FastPass+ selections (or the last arrival window has passed), you can make another FastPass+ selection for the same day at an in-park kiosk or on your mobile device, up to park closing. After you redeem the additional FastPass+ pick, you can return to a kiosk to make more selections (one at a time), subject to availability.

If your ticket includes a Park Hopper Option, after you use your initial FastPass+ selections at the first park, you’ll be able to make additional FastPass+ selections (one at a time) at a kiosk or using the mobile app at the second park you visit that day, up to park closing.

For a greater range of choices, we recommend you make FastPass+ selections early. If you prefer to be spontaneous, all attractions and Character Greetings provide standby entrances so you can decide as you go.

Valid theme park admission required. FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make and available arrival windows are limited. Certain MyMagic+ features and benefits require online registration.

You can absolutely get fast passes for the Avatar/Pandora attractions as well as Slinky Dog.  So you are both wrong 🙂

I don't know anything about "tier 1", the ONLY restriction I've ever come across is that they won't let you book multiple attractions in the same "land" for the newest lands.  For example, you can only book 1 attraction in the new Toy Story Land at Hollywood Studios.  And you cannot book both Navi River Journey and Flight of Passage in Pandora for the same day.  I'm not aware of a restriction on Soarin and Test Track, however, but I can't recall trying that combination.  

I was at EPCOT 2 days ago and the construction is minimal at the moment at least.  Just some stuff near the front of the park.

Edited by BNBR

2 hours ago, rolloman said:

Yes Epcot does have tier 1 and tier 2 rides. This does affect how you can book fast passes. 

https://www.mousehacking.com/blog/epcot-fastpass-strategy

Avatar and slinky dog absolutely do offer fast passes. But neither attraction is at Epcot. 

And I would absolutely disagree that Epcot can be done in half a day. Epcot is huge and it takes a decent amount of time just to walk the world showcase even if you didn’t stop to look at anything. 

I live in Orlando and IMO 4 hours in a park is a waste. You will be clock watching the entire time and even at slow times the parks are packed. You won’t really get to do anything before you have to leave. 

49 minutes ago, ThelovelyRach said:

You can do it. First  week of December there are less crowds.

We go frequently in early December. The parks are still packed. There is no down time anymore as more and more people travel at off peak times. 

We went over the Xmas holidays in 2017.  Talking to some people in lines, the week before was MUCH less crowded.  Very short lines.

And the time before that, I went with a friend who lived in the area.  For Disney Studios, we left early as we had done everything, some things twice.  This was mid-Dec.

Edited by SRF