Suggestions for a day in FLL

dogdoc2002

My wife and I are sailing on the Sky Princess in December. We're flying in the evening before the cruise, so we're up for suggestions on "must do" activities/places to eat that night, but are in particular looking for activities to do on a Saturday as we're doing back to back cruises and will have a fair portion of the day available to explore. Neither of us have been to FLL before so we're open to almost anything, but in particular enjoy kayaking/hiking/nature type stuff.

Thanks!

dogdoc2002

Start your research at www.sunny.org.  The deservedly (in my opinion) popular water taxi (www.watertaxi.com) is highly recommended for both transportation and sightseeing.  In December, I'd  encourage you to take the water taxi at night to see all the mansions and yachts decked out in incredible holiday decorations.  If you happen to be in Fort Lauderdale on the night (Saturday, December 14 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm) of the Fort Lauderdale Winterfest Boat Parade (https://winterfestparade.com/), don't miss it!

• Like 1

Hi! Fort Lauderdale as the "Venice of America" with all its canals requires a boat trip. Water taxi, but also Riverfront Cruises offer narrated canal tours, not to forget the famous Jungle Queen!  https://www.junglequeen.com/

Vor old and young explorers there is the MODS (Museum of Discovery and Science) with the largest 3D IMAX screen in southern Florida. What about a rental car and a trip to the Everglades National Park? Shop til you drop at the Sawgrass Mills Factory Outlet, this is my favourite of all shopping malls. It will be your favourite, too, after having been there. About 30 minutes from FLL, in Sunrise. Las Olas Boulevard for fine dining and shopping... the options are endless... oh, forgot to mention the nice beaches...

We did a Segway tour and got to see the residential part of Fort Lauderdale and hear some interesting stories about the city. We like touring on foot but prefer Segway if we are short in time. We only had one full day in Fort Lauderdale before a cruise. Segway tour is pricey but we enjoyed each time (Paris, Barcelona and Fort Lauderdale). 

https://www.segwayfortlauderdale.com/specials/

We booked the special with the hoagie but it’s too far from where we stayed. So the tour company gave us a $10 discount per person. The guide was energetic, humorous and knowledgeable. We had a wonderful time!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...