Laundry Charges

Spanky My

Laundry service on Windstar is excellent.  They offer per item or unlimited. At $8 pp per night for unlimited, we always buy the unlimited laundry. Returned ironed on hangers. On longer cruises, 14 nights or longer, laundry is free. It allows me to pack light and save on extra luggage fees.  Best part is that the laundry is done everyday.  At the end of the cruise, I pack mostly clean clothes.  Unlike after most cruises, I don’t need to do laundry when I unpack. 

When I looked at the prices, they weren't bad - less than at a typical hotel. Usually, we get the laundry service like Redtravel. When we did Spanish Serenade, it was a really good deal since we spent 4 days before in Lisbon and 3 days after in Barcelona so it was great to get everything washed from the pre-sail stay and leave with clean clothes for the after-sail part of our trip.

On Star Collectors, laundry service is included.

Sometimes they have a deal where they will do a bag of laundry for a fixed price. IIRC, they offered that for $25 on one of my cruises, but I had the laundry package so didn't pay much attention. 

@Redtravel, they haven't been consistent about including it on non-Star Collector cruises that were 14-nights or longer. for 2018, I originally booked the 13-night Japan to Alaska cruise and 14-night Alaska cruise as separate cruises and, when I asked they said laundry wouldn't be included for either one. They added a Star Collector covering the two cruises but I'd booked the two component cruises each was on 7-for-7 with a total price less than the Star Collector. Fortunately, the Star Collector eventually went on sale for an even better fare and I was able to switch to that.)

Ok Folks I got this from Windstar on Laundry

WASHABLE ITEMS ONLY
MEN CT EACH AMOUNT Sport Shirt  3.75 Dress Shirt  4.75 Handkerchief  1.00 Socks, pair  1.80 Pajamas  5.00 Pajamas, silk  5.50 Sweatshirt  4.30 Undershirt/T-shirt  1.80 Undershorts  1.80 Bermuda Shorts  3.75 Sweater  4.75 Vest  2.80 Slacks/Jeans  5.50 Suit  7.00 Jacket  5.50 Swimsuit  3.25
TOTAL $
WOMEN CT EACH AMOUNT Blouse  3.75 Blouse, silk  4.75 Skirt  4.75 Slacks/Jeans  4.25 Bras  1.75 Panties  1.75 Sweatshirt  4.30 Handkerchief  1.00 Dress  7.50 Pajamas  5.00 Pajamas, silk  5.50 Bermuda Shorts  3.75 Socks, pair  1.80 Swimsuit, Bikini  3.25 Sweater  4.75
TOTAL $
Special Instructions Special Instructions
PRESSING SERVICE
MEN CT EACH AMOUNT Sport Shirt  Dress Shirt  1.75 Undershirt/T-shirt  .60 Undershorts  .60 Bermuda Shorts  Vest  .90 Slacks/Jeans  Suit  2.25 Jacket  1.75
TOTAL $ Special Instructions Special Instructions
WOMEN CT EACH AMOUNT Blouse  Blouse, silk  1.75 Skirt  1.75 Slacks/Jeans  Undershirt/T-shirt  .60 Dress  2.25 Bermuda Shorts  
TOTAL $
In case of loss or damage, liability is limited to ten times the price charged for laundering of said article. Not responsible for shrinkable, fastness of colors, zippers or for articles left in clothing. Unless itemized list is sent with LAUNDRY, our count must be accepted as correct. Any claims must be accompanied by this list and must be made within 36 hours.
SORRY, DRY CLEANING IS NOT AVAILABLE.
GRAND TOTAL $

• 3 months later...

I love not doing laundry.  I prefer that a ship not have guest laundry facilities. Being on vacation, I love just relaxing.  Windstar’s laundry service is excellent.  When I am on a ship that has guest laundry facilities, I am tempted to do a load of wash.  

We were on QM2 6 years ago. The laundry rooms were on each deck.  People were fighting over machines, throwing laundry out of washers or dryers onto the floor if the person it belonged to wasn't instantly there and fights over the ironing boards! This week we decided against a river and land cruise because laundry was offered once in 27 days! One of the very best things on Windstar is the laundry service! 

11 minutes ago, sb44 said:

We were on QM2 6 years ago. The laundry rooms were on each deck.  People were fighting over machines, throwing laundry out of washers or dryers onto the floor if the person it belonged to wasn't instantly there and fights over the ironing boards! This week we decided against a river and land cruise because laundry was offered once in 27 days! One of the very best things on Windstar is the laundry service! 

Agree 110%!

It is one of the things that really endears us to Windstar!  

A tip--if you have items you want to be sure won't be lost or don't want dried, bring a mesh laundry bag and tell them on the slip not to fold the items in the bag or not to dry them.  I have a "thing" about people touching my underwear (so does Taylor Swift LOL!), so I put it along with small items like no-show socks or headbands) into the mesh bag to be sure nothing went missing.  Worked like a charm and they completely respected my wishes.

There are a few things I prefer to wash by hand so I bring a microfiber long hair towel to roll wet items before I hang them to dry. It take out huge amount of moisture so drying is quicker. I also use it after I rinse bathing suits. Mine is Aquis from Amazon. Things don't dry as quickly on the Surf as the motors. I think different ac systems and we're on Surf a lot so I've developed my own little quirky routines and things I bring! 

• Like 2