Cruise Critic Community
Spanky My

Laundry Charges

Anyone know what the prices are for having Laundry washed and dried ?

Laundry service on Windstar is excellent.  They offer per item or unlimited. At $8 pp per night for unlimited, we always buy the unlimited laundry. Returned ironed on hangers. On longer cruises, 14 nights or longer, laundry is free. It allows me to pack light and save on extra luggage fees.  Best part is that the laundry is done everyday.  At the end of the cruise, I pack mostly clean clothes.  Unlike after most cruises, I don’t need to do laundry when I unpack. 

When I looked at the prices, they weren't bad - less than at a typical hotel. Usually, we get the laundry service like Redtravel. When we did Spanish Serenade, it was a really good deal since we spent 4 days before in Lisbon and 3 days after in Barcelona so it was great to get everything washed from the pre-sail stay and leave with clean clothes for the after-sail part of our trip.

On Star Collectors, laundry service is included.

Sometimes they have a deal where they will do a bag of laundry for a fixed price. IIRC, they offered that for $25 on one of my cruises, but I had the laundry package so didn't pay much attention. 

@Redtravel, they haven't been consistent about including it on non-Star Collector cruises that were 14-nights or longer. for 2018, I originally booked the 13-night Japan to Alaska cruise and 14-night Alaska cruise as separate cruises and, when I asked they said laundry wouldn't be included for either one. They added a Star Collector covering the two cruises but I'd booked the two component cruises each was on 7-for-7 with a total price less than the Star Collector. Fortunately, the Star Collector eventually went on sale for an even better fare and I was able to switch to that.)

Ok Folks I got this from Windstar on Laundry

WASHABLE ITEMS ONLY
MEN CT EACH AMOUNT Sport Shirt  3.75 Dress Shirt  4.75 Handkerchief  1.00 Socks, pair  1.80 Pajamas  5.00 Pajamas, silk  5.50 Sweatshirt  4.30 Undershirt/T-shirt  1.80 Undershorts  1.80 Bermuda Shorts  3.75 Sweater  4.75 Vest  2.80 Slacks/Jeans  5.50 Suit  7.00 Jacket  5.50 Swimsuit  3.25
TOTAL $
WOMEN CT EACH AMOUNT Blouse  3.75 Blouse, silk  4.75 Skirt  4.75 Slacks/Jeans  4.25 Bras  1.75 Panties  1.75 Sweatshirt  4.30 Handkerchief  1.00 Dress  7.50 Pajamas  5.00 Pajamas, silk  5.50 Bermuda Shorts  3.75 Socks, pair  1.80 Swimsuit, Bikini  3.25 Sweater  4.75
TOTAL $
Special Instructions Special Instructions
PRESSING SERVICE
MEN CT EACH AMOUNT Sport Shirt  Dress Shirt  1.75 Undershirt/T-shirt  .60 Undershorts  .60 Bermuda Shorts  Vest  .90 Slacks/Jeans  Suit  2.25 Jacket  1.75
TOTAL $ Special Instructions Special Instructions
WOMEN CT EACH AMOUNT Blouse  Blouse, silk  1.75 Skirt  1.75 Slacks/Jeans  Undershirt/T-shirt  .60 Dress  2.25 Bermuda Shorts  
TOTAL $
In case of loss or damage, liability is limited to ten times the price charged for laundering of said article. Not responsible for shrinkable, fastness of colors, zippers or for articles left in clothing. Unless itemized list is sent with LAUNDRY, our count must be accepted as correct. Any claims must be accompanied by this list and must be made within 36 hours.
SORRY, DRY CLEANING IS NOT AVAILABLE.
GRAND TOTAL $