Ultimate World Cruise 245 days and all the parts. Ongoing review, questions, opinion

Jim Avery

Unfortunately, we already have 2021 planned. Winter in Indio, CA then 8 - 10 weeks in Maui. We also must be in BC for at least 5 months per year to maintain our medical coverage, so doesn't leave any time for a cruise. 😢

Hi, Clay.  I see we all made it back fro Barcelona after out fine TA crossing.

We are considering the Viking Hong Kong to Alaska for 2021. 

We, like Jim and several others, are closing the loop after the Inaugural WC.

Flying AA from RDU at 1800 today. Any else here on that flight?

We will try to post some interesting pictures as we head towards LA. 

Tom and Sylvia 

Hi Tom, looking forward to seeing you and Sylvia on our "Waterfront Home" the Viking Sun.  Also counting on your input here as you are very good with your travel tales.  Maybe you can be the official photographer?🍸

• Like 1

Bon voyage, Buen Viaje, happy cruising!  Another armchair sailor here.  Like CCWineLover especially interested  on your tall tales of the BA to Santiago segment.  Ours on the Jupiter is less then five months away.  Will be watching the Sun web cam and your weather conditions.  Safe travels.

2 hours ago, Tom.in.nc said:

Hi, Clay.  I see we all made it back fro Barcelona after out fine TA crossing.

We are considering the Viking Hong Kong to Alaska for 2021. 

Tom and Sylvia 

Yes we made it back to RDU about 10 days after disembarking and spending time there and in Rome. We have spent the time sense on a long slow road trip-only took 81 days from Danville, Va to get to the Pacific!  We leave Vancouver next Friday on X headed for Tokyo. After a few days there we will fly to China and eventually board Orion in Oct 4th headed to Hong Kong (at least that’s where we are scheduled to disembark 🤞  

This will be our first Viking trip with more than one or two ports so hoping we hate it as we can’t afford them on a regular basis! 😂  if you want to see our opinion about Viking in Asia, feel free to follow the link in my signature to the blog. 

Have a GREAT cruise, I am so envious!

Edited by Clay Clayton

We are joining in LA. So glad you’ve taken this on, Jim. Looking forward to following along. We did b2b Amsterdam to London, via Norway, with Vicki as our cruise director. She was wonderful, I’m sure you will enjoy her humour as much as we did. 

23 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Just checked the AIS tracking and they are underway. As of 10:00 (PDT) they have completed the river transit and are now in the Thames Estuary, approaching Southend Pier.

Yes indeed.  Following along on the webcam shots as well.  Looks like a nice getaway afternoon/evening!

• Like 1