Ballet on X, really.

dolittle

I just saw on one of X s room channel that they have a deal to bring Ballet to some of their ships. Hate to be a wet blanket but sounds like a real bad idea to me. It is just not popular entertainment never has been and never will be. What do you think.

I would agree.  It's not anything I would be interested in watching.  But I'm sure there are many that would enjoy it.  Every show doesn't have to be to my liking.  I always find something entertaining each evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love the idea..even if presented in a limited scope.  Wide range of options...very excited but  disappointed it's not set for our Summit cruise.

Good  ballet is sold out well in advance..even the most expensive seats!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 10

30 minutes ago, dolittle said:

I just saw on one of X s room channel that they have a deal to bring Ballet to some of their ships. Hate to be a wet blanket but sounds like a real bad idea to me. It is just not popular entertainment never has been and never will be. What do you think.

No matter the ships entertainment. If we don't like it we don't go or we leave. Ballet we'd skip. 

Edited by davekathy

I saw it on Equinox and really enjoyed it.  The performance was short enough that anyone can give it a chance and maybe discover they like it.  It was part of a show with a singer/violinist and another singer.  The audience was large.

When I heard about CMOG on some of the Solstice Class ships I thought, really?!  How odd!  And as we’d seen glassblowing on Murano I thought we wouldn’t care for it.  We loved it!!  We went to all the shows...we won some raffles and have several pieces.

Same thing with opera on MSC.  Done well by professionals it was great.

I would welcome any new entertainment; I am very tired of X’s production shows. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

According to Celebrity's web site, we should be seeing the American Ballet Theatre dancers on our cruise on the Summit in a couple of weeks. I'm very much looking forward to it.

OP: if the ballet doesn't interest you, don't go.  

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

According to Celebrity's web site, we should be seeing the American Ballet Theatre dancers on our cruise on the Summit in a couple of weeks. I'm very much looking forward to it.

OP: if the ballet doesn't interest you, don't go.  

Let us know what you think of the show.  I hope it's still on there when we sail in Oct.  I'd really enjoy seeing ballet.

Edited by TeaBag

Cruise Critic did a review of the Millennium a few weeks ago and talked about the American Ballet Theatre onboard. I would love to see it. I had read that they may do it on the Apex Naming Ceremony cruise. We are on the Inaugural - hope they will be on that cruise. 🙂

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4319/

Edited by vtcruising

I love the idea of having lots of choices!

Some people love magic shows, some comedians, some opera....

Just as when you visit a city you  base your itinerary on personal interest that is exactly what you do on a ship. If there is a ballet production and you don’t fancy it choose one of the other choices or expand your horizons and give it a go!

A sad fact of life is many people who say they ‘don’t like ballet’ or ‘don’t like opera’ have never actually given it a try....

It doesn’t look like it will be on Equinox when we are on board, a pity I would have enjoyed it...

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Cruise Critic did a review of the Millennium a few weeks ago and talked about the American Ballet Theatre onboard. I would love to see it. I had read that they may do it on the Apex Naming Ceremony cruise. We are on the Inaugural - hope they will be on that cruise. 🙂

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4319/

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

Let us know what you think of the show.  I hope it's still on there when we sail in Oct.  I'd really enjoy seeing ballet.

According to the link, it should be on our sailing in October. I hope the schedule is correct.

I copied the wrong post. Here is the correct one:

The list of cruises on which the ABT is performing is here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/promo-controller?promo_type_id=51&promotion=lto_51

Edited by Glendakayself
Wrong link
  • Like 1

Some of the most beautiful music that most would recognize (if they heard it) is from ballet....Swan Lake, Nutcracker to name a few.

Give it a try, you might be surprised how much you enjoy it.

I think adding ABT is an improvement and hope it expands.

• Like 7