dining

verynervous

I have never been with Fred Olson. I am a solo traveller and am worried about the

dining options.I like to eat first sitting with a variety of interesting people. Would I be seated with the same people every night?

I'd appreciate any help.

Fred has fixed dining, so you will be seated with the same group of people each night. I believe they have a ‘single traveller’ table, so it will probably be a large table. You could always suggest swapping places each night so you are sitting next to different people.

18 minutes ago, Coravel said:

Breakfast and lunch can be taken in any of the ship's restaurants and you can sit wherever you wish.  

However, at lunchtime in the main dining rooms they also have a ‘singles’ table if you wish to join it.

• 3 weeks later...

They tend to have a singles table in the self service restaurants in the evening as well and you may have more variety of people there - we have often sat with the cabaret artists and speakers in the self service as that is where they eat and they can be very interesting people.  If you went regularly though, you would find you keep meeting the same people, especially if you turn up at the same time each night.  Fred's self service restaurants have the tables set and often with table clothes.  Balmoral self service less appealing IMO, though you can get a good view to the rear if you walk to the far end of the restaurant (behind the bar).

Edited by tring

On our last cruise, on our evening dinner table we have myself and my wife, another married couple and two solo travellers, one male and one female, purely to balance the table. You do not have to go onto a singles only table, but you are normally seated at the same table in the main restaurant. If you prefer, you can also eat in the cafe where you can choose where to sit each night, and should you make lots of friends with whom each night 😄 😄