Self Guided Walking Tour of Old San Juan

Embem

On 1/30/2020 at 11:03 AM, AlohaLivin said:

I should be up to date - their as been so many lately and my time has been short so I try to do them in batches. PLEASE read the info most recently put up about the tour (how to use it, etc). Enjoy!

Could I trouble you for a copy as well?

mckillopdarcy@gmail.com

Hello all - There are hundreds of shares at this point and I do try to keep up. But life does mean that sometimes I cannot get over the CC to get addresses to add them (or like the really brutal cold that I still have after 10 days).  There may be times that I cannot get back in to share the tour before your sailing and while I hope that never happens it may if you are short on time. All I can say is that I do try pretty hard but there are times when that won't be enough 😕

>>> If you have recently received the tour, PLEASE read the last information post here in this thread so that you are prepared ahead of time to make the most of your day (those streets are HOT, you don't want to be standing in the middle of one trying to figure it out)

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 7:32 AM, AlohaLivin said:

@FionaMG  shared this thread with our roll call. A year ago when we booked another San Juan port cruise I decided to do as you are doing and look around for a walking tour. But I didn’t find options that I thought were ideal for us (for example I didn’t need to see both forts set a long distance from one another) and we wanted to mix in some shopping areas and some amazing food finds that I had run across in my research. It seemed to take forever to compile it and lay it out, but I finally pulled together a tour with all we wanted via google maps (I called it the “three amigos take San Juan” 😂). I don’t know that it would fit your needs, but I am happy to share it. Have a great time!

I'd love a copy of your walking tour map if you don't mind sharing it! My email address is mereprize @ yahoo  

Thank you!

13 hours ago, cjks29 said:

HI AlohaLivin - I don't know if you have tried to send the map to my email address, but if so, I haven't received it.  Could you send to ymous5555@gmal.com when you get a chance?  Thank you in advance!

I had sent them all to the point I posted - would you please check in your google maps shared area to see if the map is there please?

Wow! I am planning a visit to Old San Juan and was hoping to find a walk and 3 miles sounds about perfect. Your balance of historical sites, food, and shopping is a great feature.

Would you mind emailing me a copy ms.yvonne.fraser@gmail.com

Thank you! You have helped many people struggling with what to do in this port!

21 hours ago, MerePrize said:

I'd love a copy of your walking tour map if you don't mind sharing it! My email address is mereprize @ yahoo  

Thank you!

I have a gmail account I can send you if you are able to email my yahoo account above. Thank you!!!!

On 2/24/2020 at 8:04 AM, AlohaLivin said:

I had sent them all to the point I posted - would you please check in your google maps shared area to see if the map is there please?

HI - I have been checking the shared area on Google maps and there is nothing there.  Can you try to re-share?  Thank you!

21 hours ago, cjks29 said:

HI - I have been checking the shared area on Google maps and there is nothing there.  Can you try to re-share?  Thank you!

As long as someone asks me in a respectful way  (vs. "yeah I'll take one of those" LOL) I always add the person and I am sure that I added you. I will go add it again to be sure although I do try to at least group a few together to say me 10 minutes here and there (I haven't stopped to add up the time, I think it would freak me out!).

@MerePrize  I had maybe 5-6 emails from you (and related emails) at gmail, some for the right map and some for an older version in addition to the request here.  Since I work, I can only check every other day (and that feels like a lot) but had to ignore most of the emails as they weren't for the right map. But I did add you to share. Enjoy the vacation!

Edited by AlohaLivin

On 3/4/2020 at 3:01 PM, ammnaustin said:

We will be in San Juan in a couple of weeks and would really appreciate a copy of your walking tour.  My email is ammnaustin@gmail.com

Thank you for you willingness to share your hard work!

Sorry to be late, I’ve been starved or under anesthesia for two days!  I think I got you in time though and I appreciate your kind words 😊

Edited by AlohaLivin

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2019 at 8:32 AM, AlohaLivin said:

@FionaMG  shared this thread with our roll call. A year ago when we booked another San Juan port cruise I decided to do as you are doing and look around for a walking tour. But I didn’t find options that I thought were ideal for us (for example I didn’t need to see both forts set a long distance from one another) and we wanted to mix in some shopping areas and some amazing food finds that I had run across in my research. It seemed to take forever to compile it and lay it out, but I finally pulled together a tour with all we wanted via google maps (I called it the “three amigos take San Juan” 😂). I don’t know that it would fit your needs, but I am happy to share it. Have a great time!

Could I also get it? tanyastiles0810 at gmail

On 3/6/2020 at 6:18 PM, AlohaLivin said:

Sorry to be late, I’ve been starved or under anesthesia for two days!  I think I got you in time though and I appreciate your kind words 😊

I hope you are recovered now and feeling better 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are planning a trip to San Juan in December and would love to have a copy of your walking tour if still available. I would sincerely appreciate if you could email it to me at lori.yaktine@gmail.com 

Thank you!!